Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's an RPG you'd like to see made?

Faarbaute

Arbiter
I'd love to see an adaptation of the Barsoom novels. Each book serving as the basis for its own campaign.

There's adventure, intrigue, mystery, wenches, aswell as great beastial apes and multiarmed green bugmen to slay. It'd be great.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'd love to see an adaptation of the Barsoom novels. Each book serving as the basis for its own campaign.

There's mystery wenches, as well as great beastial apes and multiarmed green bugmen to slay. It'd be great.
Well, 2 out of three ain't bad.
f5nknvc.jpg

Mystery bestial ape wenches...

Funny, my dreams have great gaming material but that would mean one wiuld need a holodeck or have your brain uploaded into a machine each time gaming. Can't get that feeling behind a keyboard.

plem

Learned
a proper Vampire CRPG with top-down/isometric view and full party control, complete with fleshed-out companions to join your coterie in the vein of BG and PoE

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

There's mystery wenches, as well as great beastial apes and multiarmed green bugmen to slay. It'd be great.
Well, 2 out of three ain't bad.
f5nknvc.jpg

Mystery bestial ape wenches...

It's funny because if you do a slow scroll from the top of this image down it just keeps getting worse, like a proper tale of epic dread.

KafkaBot

Scholar
Something inspired by Kafka's The Castle. I've always found the dread and sense of misplacement in his novels to be utterly beautiful, and I long to experience something like that in a videogame. I'd be fine with it having a combat system, but ideally this RPG would have nothing of the sort and be based entirely on conversations; something like a much less colorful Disco Elysium.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a proper non-hyphenated, western, turn-based RPG set in the Fullmetal Alchemist universe. I imagine it turning out something like Arcanum with more of a Mask of the Betrayer vibe--oh, and hopefully good combat.

Drowed

Arcane
Honestly, I wanted a game with the gameplay of Underrail (but with a party) and the C&C style of AOD. The setting doesn't matter much to me as long as the story is interesting and well written.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Palladium Books Rifts; but... there is already an unrelated game using the same title.

Also Lands of Lore IV.

laclongquan

Arcane
Alpha Centaury the RPG

Think of SMAC as background. Seven different human factions as visual, cultural, and societal difference (industrial, cyberpunk, military, capitalist, communist, hippy). A wild xeno environment and alien spaceship (wild alien forest and futuristic spaceship).

You are from 9 different background, each affecting your starting location and starting trait.

You can help your chosen faction to be master of Alpha Centaury, kicking alien off the ground, and cut off the transcendal path.
You can transcend and become (part of) Planet Mind, thus can control the planet's overmind to certain extent and help human colonizers expand faster.
You also can manipulate the alien plan and insert yourself into the machine to become THE planet mind, but your mind get overwhelmed in the process thus driving everything mind-plague. Wiping everything nearly clean, back to the state of starting SMAC.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Isometric turn based Hunter WoD RPG-Supernatural was a mediocre TV series but the concept is expressed well by saying that needs to be the feel the game has...traveling the US and do Europe or something in the sequel.
Isometric turn based Deadlands RPG.
Isometric turn based Gammaworld RPG.
Isometric turn based with open world mind you not that shitty hub thing Shadowrun did.

I just would like to see more good non-medieval fantasy RPGs like VtM:B and Arcanum, I always thought it would be neat to see a western with tolkien-esque races and creatures, or how would a setting like The Witcher's develop with continental exploration and colonialism.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
An rpg that focuses entirely on the stock market.

What about a RPG where you play as a gnome illusionist/enchanter with 5 half ogre slaves in a quest to reestablish a long lost gnome merchant nation. And then, make other countries dependent upon your credit to operate, allowing you to have a control behind the shadows and get huge profits? hu3hu3

good non-medieval fantasy RPGs like VtM:B and Arcanum

There are some. Modern ones? Elex is post apocalyptic, sci fi and fantasy. UnderRail is post apocalyptic and 10/10(except in cooldowns). But I agree, urban fantasy is sadly rare.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom