Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampire Survivors and other top-down arcade shooters (VS discussion now forbidden)

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
you can challenge yourself by using silly things like the dove weapon,

Literally the strongest weapon :lol:
That pigeon gets you killed early on due to the completely whack and slow attack pattern.

Like any other weapon, it can get good eventually, but I feel that how a weapon carries you through the early parts is much more important. Late game is easy anyway as you'll have multiple things fully upgraded.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
you can challenge yourself by using silly things like the dove weapon,

Literally the strongest weapon :lol:
That pigeon gets you killed early on due to the completely whack and slow attack pattern.

Like any other weapon, it can get good eventually, but I feel that how a weapon carries you through the early parts is much more important. Late game is easy anyway as you'll have multiple things fully upgraded.
You obviously don't get it as the first weapon.

And by the late game you'll have everything fully upgraded.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't know if its a bug or not, but I picked up a clover in the mad forest and then picked up a few gems about 3 seconds later and leveled up.

That's cool and all, but then I picked my perk, and I leveled up instantly again. I was like ok, maybe I double leveled whatever, so I picked a perk and then I instantly leveled up again.

Repeat this loop for at least 10 levels.

I didn't have any of those items that draws all the gems to you for a massive level increase, and I hadn't made that happen before this level up loop either.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Actually a fun little game. Of course you can't play something that simple for too long, novelty of it wears off quickly but swimming in an ocean of enemies is amusing for a while.

That's cool and all, but then I picked my perk, and I leveled up instantly again. I was like ok, maybe I double leveled whatever, so I picked a perk and then I instantly leveled up again.
Happened many times with me as well. It's like there is some sort of red gem that gives huge amounts of XP, easily worth 7 levels in early game. But I never noticed if this was indeed some sort of gem since it hard to see anything with so much shit flying everywhere. But that would be my guess, perhaps there is a red gem of slightly different shade that looks similar to regular red gem but much more expensive.

mkultra

Augur
I don't know if its a bug or not, but I picked up a clover in the mad forest and then picked up a few gems about 3 seconds later and leveled up.

Repeat this loop for at least 10 levels.

I didn't have any of those items that draws all the gems to you for a massive level increase, and I hadn't made that happen before this level up loop either.

Googled: "If there are more than 400 Experience Gems on the ground, they start accumulating into a single red Experience Gem, containing all the XP. " so i guess Red Gems can give immense boost.
From comments: "you can see that effect when at times you pick up a red gem and it provides like 5+ levels. I've had one yield nearly 10 before and this was around the 80+ level mark so it was a thick red gem for sure."

Experience Gem | Vampire Survivors Wiki | Fandom

Last edited:

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm completely hooked, and its amazing value for money. Currently I am trying to win a map with a garlic build. Garlic has an effect on enemies which makes them very easy to knockback. So combined with an evolved magic wand which shoots at the nearest enemy with no delay you become very hard to approach. Evolved garlic also gives you hp drain which combines well with armor. So we have
1. Garlic + pummarola (hp regen)
2. Runetracer + armor
3. Magic wand + Empty tome
Because i like attracktorb
4. Santa water + attractorb
5. I'm thinking pentagram + crown
I haven't evolved the pentagram yet.

Caim

Arcane
I'm completely hooked, and its amazing value for money. Currently I am trying to win a map with a garlic build. Garlic has an effect on enemies which makes them very easy to knockback. So combined with an evolved magic wand which shoots at the nearest enemy with no delay you become very hard to approach. Evolved garlic also gives you hp drain which combines well with armor. So we have
1. Garlic + pummarola (hp regen)
2. Runetracer + armor
3. Magic wand + Empty tome
Because i like attracktorb
4. Santa water + attractorb
5. I'm thinking pentagram + crown
I haven't evolved the pentagram yet.
For the final one go with Axe + Candelabrador for a 360 degree projectile attack and increased range on your Garlic or pick Fire Wand + Spinach for a big wave of damage and increased damage on your Garlic. If you want both, losing Runetracer is the least big of a loss.

Pentagram + Crown is pretty powerful, but you have to be very deliberate with leveling it up to avoid gimping yourself early on.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
For the final one go with Axe + Candelabrador for a 360 degree projectile attack and increased range on your Garlic or pick Fire Wand + Spinach for a big wave of damage and increased damage on your Garlic. If you want both, losing Runetracer is the least big of a loss.

Pentagram + Crown is pretty powerful, but you have to be very deliberate with leveling it up to avoid gimping yourself early on.
The build is being improved upon constantly. :D This is the current run in library with poe.
vampire.jpg

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Upgraded birds work well on library due to the attack aoe zones overlapping on the sides the mobs come from, the free pickup tomes mean you can squeak out a 6th level Tome, and if you fill out your utility loadout slots before getting the Tome its an extra/seventh item (mask too if you wanna shekelhunt)

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm contemplating a garlic build also, but I want to round it off with an evolved dagger + gauntlet.

Evolved dagger is a constant stream of daggers, and that one character doubles projectiles too.

Once it gets close to the end, just find a "hole" some where that you are protected on three sides and point the daggers at the only narrow entrance.

I normally avoid those spots to get trapped in, but I'm thinking they might be an easy way to finish out a level if you can get a high amount of single direction damage.

Last time I evolved the dagger I was clearing the map up until nearly the end, and the only reason I died is those swarms of monsters the fly in fast pushed everything into me from all directions.

Having a physical shield would have prevented this.

mkultra

Augur
i always take garlic... and also bible, axe, Santa Water. i can max out a ton of things in the Power Up screen now, almost all, but when i do i can't pick e.g Revival..

Are you using keys to control? I use my xbox controller, analog movement... and yes the game does have analog movement which should be a lot more precise, which can be good in the game when avoiding running into enemies.

This new level is really hard due to no food drops... will take me some more tries to finish.. i've only made it to 15 min mark :)

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
I'm just using keyboard for now. I'm gonna find a controller for gaming after I move next month.

Been meaning to find a controller for other games and now this one too.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
This combo is insane!
yeah.jpg
No one can enter the holy circle!
shieet.jpg
God damn!
goddamn.jpg
And I lost again. Lvl 101 37780 kills 28:30 mins in hyper mode.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Yeah, the last 2-3 minutes are always the most difficult ones: the enemy numbers really start to increase and you don't have a lot of options anymore aside from wiggling around and praying to Zeus that you hit the 30 minutes.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, the last 2-3 minutes are always the most difficult ones: the enemy numbers really start to increase and you don't have a lot of options anymore aside from wiggling around and praying to Zeus that you hit the 30 minutes.

I'm gonna try the turtle up strategy next time I get this close.

Find a place to make a stand with coverage from 3 sides and a narrow entrance.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I actually managed to win a map, crucial weapon was evolved knives. The main thing is that enemies they hit get staggered so you can run through them safely.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
It's a very fun game, but I'm not sure the "different builds" point is right. It feels like there are obviously better and obviously worth paths; you can challenge yourself by using silly things like the dove weapon, but it's not really that the game plays differently -- whatever gear I load out with, it feels very similar (early game is a little tricky, by late game it's just a matter of picking up EXP as fast as it drops).

Could be wrong, but I felt like it boiled down more to different builds suiting different maps (at least when it comes to surviving the early game).

Most guides I've read say offense is everything, and it really is.

That's because going on the offense is what levels you up.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I've reached minute 30 at lvl 71 and I instantly died to a boss.

Then I've reached minute 32 at lvl 60+ and another boss spawned.

Wtf!?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Game ends at 30 minutes. (The more I play, the more convinced I am it should end at 20 minutes, or even 15 minutes, instead.)

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Game ends at 30 minutes. (The more I play, the more convinced I am it should end at 20 minutes, or even 15 minutes, instead.)

There is no way to beat the final boss?

Not even with fully upgraded pentagram?

Caim

Arcane
I actually managed to win a map, crucial weapon was evolved knives. The main thing is that enemies they hit get staggered so you can run through them safely.
Evolved knives are also good because they make your projectiles move faster, which is very useful on stuff like the wands.

Starting at 30 minutes Death spawns, with an additional one spawning every minute. Death has 655350 times your level in health and is actually knocked towards you whenever he takes damage, and deals 65535 damage per attack. If you get your hands on a Clock Lancet and can deal enough damage to kill him in one minute you can do it, otherwise you're going to have to use exploits to avoid getting mauled. A common one is getting him stuck on the bookcases in the second level, but I don't know the exact details.

Killing him unlocks a little something.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Evolved knives are also good because they make your projectiles move faster, which is very useful on stuff like the wands.

Starting at 30 minutes Death spawns, with an additional one spawning every minute. Death has 655350 times your level in health and is actually knocked towards you whenever he takes damage, and deals 65535 damage per attack. If you get your hands on a Clock Lancet and can deal enough damage to kill him in one minute you can do it, otherwise you're going to have to use exploits to avoid getting mauled. A common one is getting him stuck on the bookcases in the second level, but I don't know the exact details.

Killing him unlocks a little something.

I got him stuck in a tree but then the second one spawned.

edit: anyway, I finished the game 4 times - one time without garlic.

Last try pictures.
52032468396_6e33cc8dc7_o.png

I tried to use the cross talisman but no success. Now, I know why.
52032503178_4854695313_o.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom