Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOOD RPG's made by a single guy

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
First, obviously KoTC1/2. Both are amazing AI and TB OGL 3.5E game.

Other amazing game is BLOODLust. A Amazing vampire urban fantasy game. NOt as great as VtMB but great non the less. Has Diablo 1 style itemization and dungeons.

And lastly GEDONIA. Is made by a Ukranian guy, so I suggest checking out. The unique bad thing is the bit of WoW influence.

Geneforge SAGA + Mutagen remake. A game all about magically created lifeforms.

Anyone here knows more good RPG's made by a single guy?

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Similarly, the Bradley Wizardrys are almost entirely his work, however other people are credited for art/music/sound. This is more or less on par with the modern indie dev who uses asset packs and does everything else solo.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Omega Syndrome. A unique mix of Fallout and X-Com.

You can't buy it though. Such monocled games don't get purchased. You first need to be worthy to deserve them.

Screenshots below:
U1CAP29.png

5jaeeb4.png

EmkPt3e.png

BWkFfsj.png

3GHwOMV.png

tqM2hhk.png

M3vXTiB.png

UltHmt6.png

Eh6F75m.png

OYBWQoC.png

XCOptnx.png

Last edited:

Naraya

Arcane
Wasn't this 3D stealth game where you play as a mouse* (rat?) also made by one guy? I know that many people liked it.

*)Ghost of a Tale

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Cryomancer? Is this another incarnation of Victor/Meredith? Can't picture anyone else with such a fetish for bizarre classes.

OnT: Brigand Oaxaca, Teudogar, and Titan Outpost.

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
Theseus: Journey to Athens and Titan Outpost come to mind.
I'm not sure how it is in regards to the Geister games, I think the games as they are are mostly done by one guy but he has help in other areas around the game, can't remember (zwanzig_zwoelf)

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You're missing Vogel's other big series, the Exile/Avernum series.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Cruelty Squad? I don't see such bizzare piece of work being made by more than single person, unless they have some hivemind- like connection

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Cruelty Squad? I don't see such bizzare piece of work being made by more than single person, unless they have some hivemind- like connection

But is it RPG? And more importantly, is it good? I heard this game mentioned more as a meme than anything else.
From what I've seen, its a very competently made game that's intended to be as weird and insane as humanly possible. This is a good summary of it. I can't really say if its a RPG or not, but it is an immersion sim, as nebulous as that genre is.

Fargus

Arcane
I played it for a few hours last summer and honestly i feel like i wasted money. Just an ugly action game with quirky universe and corporate memes. But it's not an rpg for sure.

Maybe i just lack the "CEO mindset" to enjoy something like Cruetly Squad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom