Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
When I arrived at mountaintop of the giants with its multitude of re-used enemies and empty stretches I thought "this is where they ran out of time and resources".
The ultra-giant hand in Mountaintops of the Giants left me speechless the first time I saw it. It's one thing to use the same model in two different sizes (like they did with the hands, pots, and dragons), but also squeezing out of it a third, giant version of that same enemy is on a whole different level. It really stands out as something that makes no sense at all.

It depends on what the hands actually are and are from. Like if most are made out of troll hands and what not, there being a gigantic one made from giant hands in the giant homeland makes sense.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's the one area that remind me the most of classic low level dark souls dungeon crawl (low level as in everything kicked your ass even though i am level 150 and have end game gear) i hate it so much, yet i love it so much.

I was pleasantly surprised by some of the late game areas. When I arrived at mountaintop of the giants with its multitude of re-used enemies and empty stretches I thought "this is where they ran out of time and resources". But then the game hits me with Haligtree AND Crumbling Farum Azula.:yeah:
It could be the snow area is built last, even though you visit it first.

Mauman

Learned

What happens when player builds meet infinite FP.

It bugs the hell oughta me that npc invaders have infinite fp.

This is something that is obvious right from the get-go with the likes of Mad-Tongue Alberich (or whatever his name is).

Caim

Arcane
I never tried going down the route you get after getting snached by that one iron maiden, instead going for the skip to easily bypass most of lavatown. Two identical descents and a hidden bonfire later I found myself at a boss door with one of the least inspired instances of "reuse an existing enemy except it's two of them to make it sorta challenging" I've seen so far, and I've seen a lot. Got a weird weapon out of the fight as well, and a decent view on Wyndham Ruins. Not really worth it, but eh.

Also did Deeproot Depths. Haven't done the big boss in the area yet but I did take on Fia's simp squad alongside my new squad of mausoleum soldiers. They're not as tough as I had hoped, but they should be able to deal some damage. Also it was fun to snipe a crucible knight from a rooftop with some scarlet rot arrows.

5qUETOM.jpg

Post some videos of you fighting ER bosses, wunderbat. I mean I am posting mine, wrecking Crucible Duo without ashes, summons, cheese. Let's see what you can do, before you start whining about me. :) You can say the thing about Pinwheel a million times, but I will still be a far better vidya game player than you. Your tears are ambrosia to my gaming ego.
How did you manage to do this?

Watch the video earlier in the thread. (Too lazy to link, but it's only a few pages back).

Porky destroys Fia's Champions 1 on 5 in a dazzling display of his dueling skills:

This is why no one invades me anymore. (well that and I play offline to avoid those fucking messages plastered everywhere...).

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Porky destroys Fia's Champions 1 on 5 in a dazzling display of his dueling skills:

This is why no one invades me anymore. (well that and I play offline to avoid those fucking messages plastered everywhere...).

How do you play like this without falling asleep? Or do you fall asleep and wake up now and again to push a button?

How do you play like this without falling asleep? Or do you fall asleep and wake up now and again to push a button?

Eh, it's like showing elite skills to the blind... I guess you don't see in the video that I am using a medium shield against multiple enemies that spam attacks. Do you know what this means? It means I can't just press and hold the block button, they eat through my stamina like termites. I have to continuously actively block on time and release block to recover stamina, while using footwork to position myself against multiple attackers and avoid damage from sides/back, and also time my guard counters with a short weapon.

Meanwhile, Pavlov's dogs like you are playing by learning to roll at the right time on cue, by studying each boss's retarded alternating delayed and superfly fast attacks. Good luck with that. ;)

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

this is a relatively easy battle yet you hide behind your shield 90% of the time lol.

even my squishy faith build destroy them without using incantation using 2H scythes.

this is a relatively easy battle yet you hide behind your shield 90% of the time lol.

Sword and shield is my build, so I am using it in all fights, easy or hard. I actually started recording that fight because I saw that huge serpent thing in the background, and thought a huge boss fight coming up, but then these little dudes appeared, so I posted it as more of a joke.

You do realise this is just the warm-up fight, right?

DAMN RIGHT! Warm up for this:

Take more than two gargoyles to take down the man who eats 2 Big Macs. Jokes aside, this is kind of a bs fight:

1. Duo fights are already inherently annoying, but in this case, the duo has massive size and range, making it really dumb RNG for you not to get hit from 2 miles away on your back where you can't possible see one of them.

2. The fucking insta poison these 2 shits keep shitting all over the floor.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You probably missed something. But if you did, there may not be anything you can do about it during this playthrough.
I think Fia's questline can be progressed almost at any time. Everything you do prior to the Deeproot Depths is completely optional. Basically, the only mandatory step is to:

give her the Cursemark of Death once she asks for it

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright boys, i fixed my internet connection, so my travelogue of this game can continue. Here's the Abductor Virgins fight i promised:

This one required some precise roll-fu as that grab attack was an instant death.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's the one area that remind me the most of classic low level dark souls dungeon crawl (low level as in everything kicked your ass even though i am level 150 and have end game gear) i hate it so much, yet i love it so much.

Interesting. I thought combat wasn't that hard there. Maybe because enemies have shit Poise and I was using colossal swords that stunlock them. Except for the guarded gateway entry inside the castle with the Erdtree Avatar, 2 knights with more HP (1 of them with a greatbow) and possibly also 2 ballistas firing at you. That was tough. Of course, could just run trough.

Also those grafted brawlers at the ground level were annoying, as usual. And 3 crystallians guarding the rotten crystal sword (but like advised here, could just back off to split them). Also on the way to the city, fuck those 3 snails that make crystallian phantasms (again, need to learn the enemy positioning and the encounter - then its easy).
Interestingly, just before that horse bow knight boss, it was the only area where I encountered rather brutal club casters - amazing, given the usual enemy re-use.

It was a lovely area, but enemy re-use soured its taste a little for me.
Decent to run trough and farm runes, though.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
DAMN RIGHT! Warm up for this:

Lmao, wow. Maybe i should level up a little. I have one third your health and half your stamina bars and i can barely surive an hit.

Yesterday i had the second gargoyle down to two or three hits when i stumbled on some fucking pebble on the ground and he one shotted me. I was so mad i rage quit right there and then lol.

I'll try again today.

I bumped my character to SL55 and a +12 weapon (+5 somber) which was the only way to get any connection in Nokron. I think at this point all i'm doing is making a trial run for an eventual SL1 character while still be able to milk the multiplayer as much as i can while the player base is still huge so i can get that out of my system. Since i played all the other From games way after the player base had dwindled down this is a novelty for me.

Last edited:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Interesting. I thought combat wasn't that hard there. Maybe because enemies have shit Poise and I was using colossal swords that stunlock them. Except for the guarded gateway entry inside the castle with the Erdtree Avatar, 2 knights (1 greatbow knight) and possibly also 2 ballistas firing at you. That was tough. Of course, could just run trough.

Haplo, I hate to be 'that guy', but I've seen this on a few of your posts and it's 'through', not 'trough'. A trough in english is a long bowl usually used for feeding livestock. I know it's not your first language so please don't take offence at the correction, you're one of the quality posters on this site.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, i also recorded those but maybe they aren't particularly interesting:

First one is kinda pointless as i managed to kill the Perfumer in the first couple of hits and the rest is just the old Misbegotten Warrior which i already killed, so kinda redudant.

Second one wasn't particularly hard but was a cool fight. This one was different since they actually gave the deer some new moves instead of just slapping two in the arena as usual lmao. I honestly think this is how they would have done all the recycled bosses if they hadn't come up with the ash mechanic. All those dual or tripple boss fights are CLEARLY there just because of the ash summoning mechanic.

I tried to see if you could stop the healing sequence but i guess not. Made the fight long winged but was cool as i liked the look of the boss. The rolling was a clever bit of trolling. I guess the deer is the king of all the animals you slaughtered in the game, literally drawing power from their ghosts.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Interesting. I thought combat wasn't that hard there. Maybe because enemies have shit Poise and I was using colossal swords that stunlock them. Except for the guarded gateway entry inside the castle with the Erdtree Avatar, 2 knights (1 greatbow knight) and possibly also 2 ballistas firing at you. That was tough. Of course, could just run trough.

Haplo, I hate to be 'that guy', but I've seen this on a few of your posts and it's 'through', not 'trough'. A trough in english is a long bowl usually used for feeding livestock. I know it's not your first language so please don't take offence at the correction, you're one of the quality posters on this site.

Thank you for the correction. I realize my English might be a bit lacking sometimes.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, wow. Maybe i should level up a little. I have one third your health and half your stamina bars and i can barely surive an hit.

This game seems clearly designed with at least 40 vigor as a requirement for most players.

Doesn't that mean that you are back to square one in NG+ though.

Since the stat has an hard cap eventually you gonna get one shotted at max vigor.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ayy, new patch?

Or at least steam is downloading something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom