Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline27 - Warminions

Infinitum

Scholar
Before never speaking of this again; what was the most broken shit you wanted to throw at the rest of us? Asking out of curiosity. For me, it was the realisation that the Princes of Tyranoc (and to a lesser extent the troop chariots) are effectively unkillable by some 90% of the indies out there - Defense skill 25, Armor 25 (!!) Tramplers, oh my. 300 gold instant expansion party. Add in the ridiculously overcosted sailor captains and I had consistent 45+ province expanison in testing with max scales. Lategame the Elven Dragons and Phoenixes all shared being cheapish, flying, high-MM, effectively unkillable (28+ armor, Immortality, autocasting phoenix pyre etc etc) heavy thug chassi not needing additional items.

The plan was to expand the fuck out of everywhere, turning my Princes into instathugs and run cirkles around the first poor bastard I met up with, follow up with heavy scales quickforted cap circle and Bolt Thrower/Flaming Arrows (think of them as 19 Ulm Arbalests a pop, except better and with 25 armor), then stall until my pretender got out of prison and could summon a thug-a-turn using 4 different gem types until Armaggeddon.

Bonus points for the national militia commander being 26 evasion and having a free 10-gem item (Sword of Swiftness), heavy armour and a lance meaning 1-gold-province defense could potentially kill kitted thugs.

Of course I ended up surrounded by water, untakeable cave provinces and right next to Sqeecoo for good measure but oh what a glorious dumpster fire it could have been..

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Initially I took a trash scales statue, but then I changed my mind because you don't really need a bless in first year with Nurgle anyway.

I expand comfortably killing anything except undead/heavy cav/barbarians with just the plague lords who have 20+ protection/defense... with fear and poison gas clearing most indies, so basically every 2 turns i have an expansion party

cCnRfhf.png

If I come across ultra easy indies, like lion tribes or militia+archers, then I can use a plague minotaur commander to solo kill them

Mid-game my strat was to swarm a ton of sacreds, nurglings/plaguebearers for the massive chill/disease auras with poison clouds, shadowblasts and skelespams.. maybe use chosen chaos warriors to smesh

Nurgle has excellent SC's late game, with out of the box regen, ontop of self cast regen, ontop of soul vortex, tons of HP and probably had the best chance of casting MOAK and Gift of Health.

Late game I should have had massive amounts of death gems - could overcast burden of time for example, utterdark is okay, some of my SLT mages could probably be jacked up to summon Tartarians

Dayyālu

Arcane
Owww why you killed it I was having fun

The Changer of Ways doesn't need much of a plan anyway. Exp party every turn (I didn't find a single indie province that can deal with Invuln 10 Chosens, and 4 of them plus Lord simply kill everything Heavy Cav included) and the lategame plan was to mangle enemy thugs and SCs (the obvious option for my opponents) with masses phalanxes of extremely lethal mages (A+F+S) and communions, supported by thug-killers of my own.

Bless was absolutely stock, Regen+Reinving+ PlusPen+Magic Command for initial Furies support.

No need for anything else tbh, Chaos just works.

Right well, i want to have a mod game with Alexsas mod

I hosted it here - encourage yall to join
https://steamcommunity.com/app/722060/discussions/3/1733216261940166115/

What's this mod

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
It's a relatively balanced mod, made by one author who made lots of nations for ea ma and la.

Nations are flavorful and interesting mechanically, each has a unique theme.

E.g. dragon nation

E.g. insect nation that builds masses of useless larvae that grow on maturity into sacreds

E.g. nation of 4 handers

E.g. nation of thunder giants

E.g. nation of guys who literally dont build armies until mid game... but expand using recruit anywhere assassins and they get 1 commander point blood mages.

I went with a nation of ether warriors, with a strong attunity to magic scales, no sacreds

Infinitum

Scholar
SPEAKING OF THIS AGAIN

Looks like the author has continued to work on this the past few years, and it looks.. not awful? Most of the broken jank has been cut at the very least, and supposedly there's a PD mod for turning indies into national PD as well for maximum LARP-ing goodness! I'm sort of feeling the itch, and this looks like it might might shake up the usual old sacreds, thugs, battlefield enhancements metagame some. Anyone still interested?

http://dominionsmods.com/index.php?showtopic=4110&st=0

Berekän, Dayyālu, Grimwulf, Lizzurd, Malakal, coldcrow, Muty, Joined on the 4th of July, mondblut, Chef_Hathaway, Olinser, Infinitum, Isiloon, BING XI LAO, Popot sqeecoo Galdred

Dayyālu

Arcane
If it's a team game, I could consider it. I don't have the strength or the attention span for a standard Dominions match anymore.

Also methinks 70% of the Dex Dominions players jumped ship on Lucid's server or something.

Popot

Educated
I haven't played Dominions in almost 3 years. I'm interested.

Infinitum

Scholar
Not the overwhelming response I was hoping for. I'll leave it out here for the time being, see if we can scrape together 4+ people and have a go at it? Wouldn't mind a smaller test game if we can get another one to join.

Infinitum

Scholar
It was unplayable jank, now it's mostly playable and nowhere near as janky. A few overtuned options still (eg Khainite Assassins and Blood Drakes). Also some nations have much much better magic access than others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom