Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - Legion IX standalone expansion coming May 9th

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Thinks this spells the end of my current journey. This game is hard man. I thought I did pretty good not having to heal Mordred at all through 5 or 6 concurrent missions, but no defender and only 1 melee guy prolly makes next mission impossibru:

d8gT1q6.jpg

Have to get gudder, I suppose.
make sure you're always checking the market for gear upgrades, I didn't put enough emphasis on that at first and started over and did better

the bottom right market upgrade description is misleading btw, it doesn't just apply to the next refresh but every refresh then on

also it should be pretty obvious, but make sure you rotate your gear off people who are assigned to a task to active roster members if it's better than what they have

Nevermind, Forbidden Keep being piss easy saved my run for now!

Though I wouldn't necessarily recommend the three-ranged run I just finished. Wonky difficulty curve lol. So far every mission has given me heaps of trouble. Forbidden Keep I completed without a single injury.

is this out or is tihs some ea/demo tihng

It's out. Full game

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Nevermind, Monastary being piss easy saved my run for now!

Though I wouldn't necessarily recommend the three-ranged run I just finished. Wonky difficulty curve lol. So far every mission has given me heaps of trouble. Monastary I completed without a single injury.
I think it might be intentional to have easier missions just for passing time to recuperate. Seems to follow a bit of a pattern now that I think about it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Another reason could be that those missions don't provide you four heros, so they had to be easier. Still, yueg difference

Saravan

Savant
Just the artstyle alone is a win for me, loving the armor design. Feels grounded. So tired of the comical and rainbowy direction in DoS, PoE and Pathfinder.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Itemzation may look generic on the surface but by God the right affixes make a gigantic difference. The one that heals back armor with HP can carry you.

Also:

Fdhf3Fr.jpg

its-a-trap.gif

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Just got Sign of Ribell. It's insane how much they did with the itemization considering the horribly limited design space. I'm dying thinking about whether the heavy downside is worth the awesome upside. Exactly the kind of reaction good itemization warrants

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Worth removing from inventory? Game certainly looks pretty in screen grabs.
This is the reason to remove it from inventory? Because the screenshots look pretty?
<facepalm>
Going viking to see if it has inclined gameplay as people claim, is the worthwhile thing to do. And then if it does buy it. And compress and zip it to less than gazillion of GB.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
How to increase Perception?
Worth using skill point in archer girl for +1 Per?

What amount of Perception you need and how good are items you find?

LizardWizard

Cipher
Just the artstyle alone is a win for me, loving the armor design. Feels grounded. So tired of the comical and rainbowy direction in DoS, PoE and Pathfinder.

?

Mordred is stuck wearing cringey spikey cartoonish warcraft/skyrim armor, no matter what color-tier (shit) he equips.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
How to increase Perception?
Worth using skill point in archer girl for +1 Per?

What amount of Perception you need and how good are items you find?

There are some trinkets that provide perception. My archer girl has 3 now but can't say how effective it is. Especially considering those perception trinkets replaced some juicy fire/poison damage ones.

Edit: And just after writing that I found two hidden chests containing 130+ gold each. Perception ftw!

Last edited:

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

?

Mordred is stuck wearing cringey spikey cartoonish warcraft/skyrim armor, no matter what color-tier (shit) he equips.

There is a button to change his outfit.
The only extra skin provided atm is a just recolor of his "edgelord spikez" from red to ivory, but at least it leaves door open for more better options in future.

i1CMzZc.png

yM1s4p2.png

It works as a Steam DLC, so I suspect it's a one-time use, but no harm in trying:
3QFME-ARVK2-JQX54

Saravan

Savant

?

You are right, Mordred sticks out as over the top which is a downer. But most of the companions that I have met look great. I haven't really progressed that much in the game however.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's little annoying that you can't make a party member give his potion to another, though I suppose it'd be slightly op if you could

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Pro tip: I kept looking for a way to see loyalty modifiers for each Hero by hovering over the Loyalty bar. Turns out you need to hover over the actual headline (e.g. "Loyality: 3 (Average)"). Never waste those Tomes of Forgiveness again!

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah, quite enjoying this one. It looks a bit shit imo, with what seems Neocore's signature grain smeared over everything, but I got used to that with WH40K Martyr. The actual combat is pretty good though. Nice to have AP again and there's a traditional feel to it, although with good differentiation between the classes. With no real 'cleric' sort, (although I gather when I get a Sage he'll do something similar), the combat is just different enough from 'tank/dps/healer' to seem fresh, but familiar enough to be comfortable.

Only 11 hours in and taking it slowly on Hard. I see on Steam there's some grumbles about later missions difficulty being unbalanced so I'm not rushing ahead. It is quite slow anyway actually, although you can hold space to speed things up I'd have liked an option in the menu for move speed. Found navigating a lot easier when I turned off mini-map rotation if anyone else gets a bit disorientated spinning the camera around looking for loot.

Codex Year of the Donut
(although I gather when I get a Sage he'll do something similar),
Mine didn't get any heals, they just had buffs and other utility. However, they didn't feel all that powerful. I'd rank them above archers, but not that good. Great class when you get one as your bonus 5th in a mission because their buffs affect the entire group, but when they cost a slot they just don't do enough.

I see on Steam there's some grumbles about later missions difficulty being unbalanced
I took a break because I hit a brickwall with the mission I mentioned earlier, wouldn't be surprised if the game gets a balancing pass at least for very hard difficulty. No amount of better playing could have helped, enemy HP and damage went up 4-5x prior that mission which was the start of the act.

--

It's really hard to rank the classes due to heroes of the same class not actually being the same just somewhat-similar, but I'd go with something like this:

Mordred tier:
Mordred. He's in a league of his own. His ability set seems to differ a lot from the other defenders I received.
Great tier:
Champion. Wrecking balls, but with low mobility and rather squishy due to having to actually be in melee. Lack of block really hurts them, the champions without the ability that massively boosts their armor for 1 turn have to be babysat. Get the -cd reduction perk on that ability.
Arcanist. The problem here is how few you get. I had exactly 1 right until a bit before the part where I stopped.
Vanguard. Traps are OK, but where they shine is the big burst numbers they can put out with surprise attacks while largely avoiding taking any damage as long as you end their turn in stealth in a good spot.
OK tier:
Defender. Worth using if Mordred is benched, I suppose. It's hard to rationalize taking a class focused on defense over one of the above three. Their guard ability is good, but to get the most out of it you have to spend a lot of AP on it. Their damage is fairly low to the point where you wonder if you'd take overall less damage by just having a champion instead.
Sage. The buffs aren't good enough to offset their downsides. As fragile as a vanguard but doesn't have the stealth. Doesn't do very good damage, either, and most of their abilities are melee range.
Pretty bad tier:
Archer. They do damage, and they aren't even that great at it. Enemies with shields hurt their damage a lot. I just couldn't find a niche for them, Vanguard with jump(+range & -cd perks) has really good mobility and much higher damage(surprise attacks) for taking out backline archers/casters.

I suspect my hero lineup was in large part due to my choices. I just peeked at the wiki and I see heroes I didn't get and it's missing heroes I did get.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The problem with archers is Vanguards and Arcanists. Crossbows actually do significant damage and can kite a bit as well, but Vanguards are waaaaay better at taking out backline or prio targets, and Arcanists offer a wider range of options PLUS deal about the same damage since their basic attacks penetrate armor (even if they cost way more AP). It's not so much that archers are unusable, it's just that I'd rather have a vanguard or mage with me. Maybe it changes on higher levels.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How many boobs can I expect in this game?

If they still have the same artist from the first King Arthur game, then the screenshots/loading screens in game provided these amazing portraits of the wives and ladies in waiting. It was a genuine perk of that game to see the loading screens because the artstyle/artist was so awesome.

So in that game, the lack of boobs was more than made up for by the fantastic art. I mean if someone said to me: "What's better, the boob thread on the Codex, or the art in King Arthur: ARWG?" I'd have to think a moment before I gave the answer.

It would be the boob thread. But for a moment...I'd have to pause.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom