Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Corpse Crew Alpha Version 0.4A (Want your input)

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
I [...] will post some screenshots of that within two weeks.
Troll or not troll, you decide! Vive la tyrannie du choix!

Rhett Butler

Scholar
The Codex is pretty damn sad really. It's relations with developers are like those of a desperate nerd with the opposite sex. It knows it's being used, lied to and manipulated but it ignores common sense out of desperation. This happens over and over again and although the codex is bitter because of it (often full of disproportionate rage), it's always willing to believe the lies again even when it is the same people telling them.

For fuck's sake this is Cleve and he has no god damned reason not to post screens if there really is a game. You are being used again Codex, and it's your own damn fault.

Cleve the only game that exists here is the one you are playing with this forum. We have every reason to believe you are full of shit and no reason to believe you have a game. Uploading pics is not hard and all the bragging posts you have made about the graphical effects you are achieving could have easily been replaced by screenshots. You. Are. Fibbing. Why is beyond me but it's pretty damn obvious.

kris

Arcane
Rhett Butler said:
Cleve the only game that exists here is the one you are playing with this forum.

Chefe is right, this is some very very dedicated troll with way to much time on his hands.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Rhett Butler said:
The Codex is pretty damn sad really. It's relations with developers are like those of a desperate nerd with the opposite sex. It knows it's being used, lied to and manipulated but it ignores common sense out of desperation. This happens over and over again and although the codex is bitter because of it (often full of disproportionate rage), it's always willing to believe the lies again even when it is the same people telling them.

For fuck's sake this is Cleve and he has no god damned reason not to post screens if there really is a game. You are being used again Codex, and it's your own damn fault.

Cleve the only game that exists here is the one you are playing with this forum. We have every reason to believe you are full of shit and no reason to believe you have a game. Uploading pics is not hard and all the bragging posts you have made about the graphical effects you are achieving could have easily been replaced by screenshots. You. Are. Fibbing. Why is beyond me but it's pretty damn obvious.

Sorry, but I'm still working on them.

It's a long ways from an experimental map you use to debug things to something that has to look game ready.

I've already scrapped two terrains I stuffed up but I am doing some heavy decoration of one now that seems to look pretty good.

Last night I spent two hours just getting proper contrast and bump mapping in my rubble texture maps, to be honest. I had a texture map designed to look like a pile of bricks that I must have worked on for at least an hour getting the color and shadows to look right in it.

My assets kick ass, though. They look so much better in Unity3D than they did in Sauerbraten I can't tell you. I want to bake all of the buildings with their own shadow maps in addition to Unity3D lighting, that takes a while, believe me.

Soon. If I have at least 3 decent shots to put up, I will. I'm still learning a lot about Unity3D, scripting for the engine and asset management.

That poster was right about the Depth Shader for punching holes in the map, too. I already tried it with a cave entrance and it worked pretty well.

You should be able to appreciate I can only work on this game less than 2 hours a night. You'd be amazed how fast that time goes.

Andhaira

Arcane
Cleve mentioned his game on Vaulto Co. So its hte real cleve and not an imposter

ever

Scholar
Guy sure loves the word asset.

Have you ever considered financial management?

Knightrider

Scholar
Meh. I kind of feel like saying "I told you so!", but I better wait a couple of months before doing that. By then it will become even more obvious. AFAIK most of you fools will still insist on believing this hoax even then.

Truth to be told, this is a very dedicated troll, but he can't be *that* dedicated. Contrary to what some people claimed, putting together a fake scene/gui to take screenshots of a fake game takes considerable time and effort. And it requires assets. If this fake Cleve rips them off in "Limbo of the Lost" style, we will spot it. He will have to purchase them from some library. I don't think this impostor would go the distance.

In fact, I would bet all my chips that he will keep stalling you all and eventually come up with an elaborate excuse to cancel the whole thing. He will do that even if he manages to get some fake screenshots posted in this thread.

AndhairaX said:
Cleve mentioned his game on Vaulto Co. So its hte real cleve and not an imposter

You mean the parody blog that has been online for only two years? The one administrated by someone who uses the handle "Texas Arcane" and rarely makes a post with more than a few dozen words?

That's a weak argument Andhaira. Even for you.

kris

Arcane
Knightrider said:
Meh. I kind of feel like saying "I told you so!", but I better wait a couple of months before doing that. By then it will become even more obvious. AFAIK most of you fools will still insist on believing this hoax even then.

serch said:
In fact, I think that Chefe is Cleve. Every codexer knows this Cleve is an imposter but he provides us with fun, so we go with the current. Rhett, you don't even know what you don't know.

I guess you might be correct here serch.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Wyrmlord said:
ever said:
Guy sure loves the word asset.

Have you ever considered financial management?
:?

It's a very common word in software as well.

A simple thing like a rusty bed frame model that looked passable in Sauerbraten or the C4 engine, looks like freakin' Da Vinci dropped into Unity3D with a metal shader. Everything about it is pure artwork. Even on ancient hardware like my ATI 750 card.

I should just put a screenshot up of this rusty bed frame laying on a wood floor on it's side inside a ratty empty tenement with a light bulb hanging overhead casting realtime shadows. You could frame it. I wet my pants just staring at it. My time is occupied just staring at these vignettes in Unity3D and slobbering on myself. Crank up the bloom, my eyeballs leak blood with joy.

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Now that's on a graphics card that is like some old crappy ATI 800 like mine.

Even on ancient hardware like my ATI 750 card.

That's right, people, Cleve is so hardcore that he DOWNgrades his hardware.

wrathofdog

Scholar
Codex, consider. If Cleve has a game here, the only reason he wouldn't end the speculation and post a damn screenshot is because he enjoys trolling you. Do not trust a person who is getting an obvious laugh at your expense. His cringing worries that 'we'll make fun of how his alpha game looks,' while at the same time boasting about how awesome it looks are obvious bullshit.

There is no such thing as Corpse Crew. It is a lie, a hoax, a cruel jest.

if its fake then it is an epic herculean troll.

He seems to know some things about game development, and has the clevian boasting down to a tee.

DefJam101

Arcane
wrathofdog said:
Codex, consider. If Cleve has a game here, the only reason he wouldn't end the speculation and post a damn screenshot is because he enjoys trolling you. Do not trust a person who is getting an obvious laugh at your expense. His cringing worries that 'we'll make fun of how his alpha game looks,' while at the same time boasting about how awesome it looks are obvious bullshit.

There is no such thing as Corpse Crew. It is a lie, a hoax, a cruel jest.

It's not a cruel jest. This thread was pretty cool until people started digging for screenshots and other shit that no sane man should expect to find in this thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom