Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Coming out of a two year silence to say "Bethesda isn't as good as some people think", what a brave and important message :lol:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh Bethesda games and mods are guilty pleasure. I wouldn't say they are "muh RPG GOTY 20xx" like certain user would, but as Rusty pointed out in another thread the kind of open world ARPG that Bethesda make is relatively unique (all other usually follows Ubisoft principle of open world). And modding is fun. I probably has more hours modding Bethesda games than actually playing them.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
53tvWPU.png

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Interesting that the game will allow you to actually pilot your ship, that implies possible space combat and a truly open world space environment.

For all the faults that people point out about Bethesda, this will assuredly be 100x the better game than outer worlds.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interesting that the game will allow you to actually pilot your ship, that implies possible space combat and a truly open world space environment.

For all the faults that people point out about Bethesda, this will assuredly be 100x the better game than outer worlds.
A budget Fallout versus a Bethesda flagship title. Not a surprise. Space travel and combat seem to be in according to "insiders", but you can fast-travel to planets that you have already visited, is my guess.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
nteresting that the game will allow you to actually pilot your ship, that implies possible space combat and a truly open world space environment.
I genuinely have to wonder how well this will be implemented, considering how janky the engine is in general, and particularly when it comes to vehicles. It can be done, as that autistic modder working on the Frontier showed, but even then it was ground vehicles.

How will the engine handle flight in and out of atmosphere?

That's not saying much, since Outer Worlds was a pathetic shitshow made by a has-been faggot and his cohort of tumblr cunts.

FRuBTkXWYAE-N1i

Can't wait for the Crowbcat video. :positive:
Hasn't this been Bethesda's marketing/hype MO since Fallout 4 though? Keep mostly quiet about the game right until a couple of months before release and then flood the public with ads and previews?

Not that I doubt this could be another Fallout 76 debacle for them.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Outeworlds was much closer to manure than Bethesda Fallouts.
fixed.

I guess Fallout 3 is marginally more playable than TOW. Imagine going back to the codex of the past when Fallout 3 was released and telling people Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky will make a similar FPS/RPG hybdrid in the future and that it is going to be worse. They would lock you up in the prosperium.

Last edited:
I guess Fallout 3 is marginally more playable than TOW.
the worst part of f3 is not even the mechanics, it's how utterly retarded everything is. nukes and edible food in 200 years old mailboxes, "go step on mines for science, but first die of radiation poisoning for science", "let's live next to an unexploded bomb", "go nuke that building because people in there have rules and i wouldn't fit", "-i fight the good fight. -[intelligence 8] so you fight the good fight".

Late Bloomer

Scholar

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
if you can tell what website something is from by just the name of the article's author, you spend way more time on there than me.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
if you can tell what website something is from by just the name of the article's author, you spend way more time on there than me.

I followed the link your provided. I clicked on cracked.com header after realising the link was a trash article. I glanced at the various articles on the front page. It tooks 15 seconds. I have no idea how you come to the conclusion that you did.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Right. So if I hadn't done the work to find that link, how would you have known the full text of the article or where it came from?

Good way to distract from your flub. Click on the link you provided. See its shit. Click on the upper left where is says "Cracked" to see what else they provide to people such as yourself. Glance at the article headlines. Come back here and point out what an absolute brainlet you are. Its that simple.

Zombra

Patron
I never said the article was good, you dopes. The OP showed that some article exists somewhere, with nothing but a headline and part of one paragraph. Not helpful or useful, so I looked it up and linked it. Now people can know what the fuck he was talking about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom