Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Phantasy Star Online 2

Why not?

• I'm not gay enough

• It's too popamole

• Anime is for pedos

• I secretly play it when the Codex isn't looking

• I prefer ESO (kc)

• I'm too retarded

Results are only viewable after voting.

Smigle

Literate
I don't know. I got the "blast to the past" vibe when I started the game up. Similar with old jrpgs.

Sykar

Arcane
Well the future has a nice pair of tits to wake up to at the beginning!
Phantasy-Star-Online-2-New-Genesis-Aina-Helping.jpg

:bounce:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
That's a lot of players. Gotta be pretty high on the spectrum if playerbase to be ballsy enough to just ban 15k.

Played PSO2 NGS for like 20 minutes and got to the capital city then promptly logged off.

It seemed like a game really up my alley because I do like uber weeb shit, but I just can't seem to get interested in any MMO of any kind for whatever reason, even if the premise/world is ostensibly interesting. The last MMO-adjacent game I played for any consequential length of time was Destiny 1 the Taken King when I was a Freshman in High School.

I honestly just chalk this up to me not liking the gameplay and quest design of MMOs in the early stage, and not being up for grinding through to the good content.

I've been playing it a little, but the performance is atrocious for me in non-combat areas for some reason. It's not just because of players in the city because it also happens in the open plains where you might be the only one around. During the PSE outbursts events when big groups of monsters pour in and there's other players and friendly NPCs, performance is fine.

Last edited:

Derringer

Prophet
It looks like they just put PSO2 in an UE4 MMO skin instead of instanced dungeons with a hub, I guess it'd depend if you like MMOs or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom