Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters
Codex Year of the Donut
Anyone looked at the blog lately? Its been SEO'd to hell, looks like an AI-written site.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Anyone looked at the blog lately? Its been SEO'd to hell, looks like an AI-written site.
just went to https://lilura1.blogspot.com/p/best-pc-rpgs-crpgs-renaissance.html

CTL+F: cRPG

cRPG.png

:shredder:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Meh. No mention of the Ultima series or Pool of Radiance. :decline:

Well yeah.
Poor Scorpia wrote during the so-called "Golden Age", which was a casual era: it's only the glorious Renaissance/API era that facilitates hardcore write-ups (Baldur's Gate, ToEE, Jagged Alliance 2). Go and check out 'Dex threads on the Goldbox games: nothing hardcore in sight. Just some oldfags talking about party composition. No stats, no breakdowns, no in-depth analysis of THAC0, AC and spell mechanics. Nothing! Because the games are primitive, full stop.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Meh. No mention of the Ultima series or Pool of Radiance. :decline:

Well yeah.
Poor Scorpia wrote during the so-called "Golden Age", which was a casual era: it's only the glorious Renaissance/API era that facilitates hardcore write-ups (Baldur's Gate, ToEE, Jagged Alliance 2). Go and check out 'Dex threads on the Goldbox games: nothing hardcore in sight. Just some oldfags talking about party composition. No stats, no breakdowns, no in-depth analysis of THAC0, AC and spell mechanics. Nothing! Because the games are primitive, full stop.
But no one is writing "hardcore" writeups on those games either, unless you count Lilura. So he's basically citing himself to justify calling games before his time casual.

wishbonetail

Learned
Why would she need to in-depth analyze thac0, AC and spell mechanics. The are no games from Renaissance, aside from maybe ToEE, which require to do so. The same "hardcore write-ups" can be done with any RPG.

S.torch

Arbiter
I like that she divided the story focused RPGs in another category. But her review of Morrowind can cause riots between some users here... which I'm tempted to tag.:M

now i want to know what differentiates a pure cRPG from a general cRPG

Autism?

Jokes aside, I think the difference is that "general CRPG" stands for RPGs that have departed from a pen and paper background. See that almost every adaptation of one has that tag, while "pure CRPGs" are the ones who had their system made specifically for a computer game.

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
Why would she need to in-depth analyze thac0, AC and spell mechanics. The are no games from Renaissance, aside from maybe ToEE, which require to do so. The same "hardcore write-ups" can be done with any RPG.
I would assume that she/he/divers aims for historical value.
While that might not be Lilura's conscious intent, since Beamdog eliminated the ability to purchase the classic BG/Icewind Dale, the website has now that historical effect.
I think that the classics will hardly be able to run on newer systems in the future.
Beamdog should open source the code for the classic BG/Icewind Dale series.
I hate it when the industry doesn't show respect for history!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Since I've been playing with NWN2 recently, it really is funny how prominent xir blog is in that regard. Beats out NWN Vault, Nexus, Gamefaqs when searching for anything related to the game.

curds

Magister

Lilura did always used to obsess about SEO and being the "most visited Baldur's Gate blog on the internet" (I doubt that bar is massively high). I guess it's just the natural evolution of his autism.
I always found it very odd that she was so proud about having the most visited BG blog while also being so proud of and open about her incredibly intensive SEO. Like, Lilura herself was pointing out that nobody is reading her blog because they care about who she is or what she has to say, but rather because the blog is just what pops up if you Google "cRPG blog". Yet at the same time the numbers were proof of her blog's quality. Insane mental gymnastics on her part.

Lilura did always used to obsess about SEO and being the "most visited Baldur's Gate blog on the internet" (I doubt that bar is massively high). I guess it's just the natural evolution of his autism.
I always found it very odd that she was so proud about having the most visited BG blog while also being so proud of and open about her incredibly intensive SEO. Like, Lilura herself was pointing out that nobody is reading her blog because they care about who she is or what she has to say, but rather because the blog is just what pops up if you Google "cRPG blog". Yet at the same time the numbers were proof of her blog's quality. Insane mental gymnastics on her part.
I google "cRPG blog" and the first one is that crpgaddict crpgheathen crpgsoyboy. So I'm all for crpgLilura crpgspamming cRPG crpgeverywhere just to crpgtake the crpgspot from that crpgautist.

Zeriel

Arcane

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

The SEO happened later. People visit the blog for the thoroughly detailed content.

Zeriel

Arcane

The SEO happened later. People visit the blog for the thoroughly detailed content.

Ah yes the thoroughly detailed content of "Welcome to my CRPG blog, this is about CRPGs, where we discuss CRPGs, in my CRPG blog, the #1 rated CRPG blog, about CRPGs, where we..."

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Ah yes the thoroughly detailed content of "Welcome to my CRPG blog, this is about CRPGs, where we discuss CRPGs, in my CRPG blog, the #1 rated CRPG blog, about CRPGs, where we..."
Sounds like you glanced at the front page and didn't look at the actual content at all.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Lol at Jagged Alliance having a 9.95/10 rating, I truly hope Lilura gets her (his?) 10/10 RPG one day

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom