Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - Legion IX standalone expansion coming May 9th

Codex Year of the Donut
I hope they add another early game arcanist.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Is it worth doing side missions in the early game outside of trying to target a specific recruit or better to just go main story to build up stronger knights? I did the Sir Ector side quest and having five groups of undead with jobber geared/skilled guys was a real dry assfucking.

Saravan

Savant
Is it worth doing side missions in the early game outside of trying to target a specific recruit or better to just go main story to build up stronger knights? I did the Sir Ector side quest and having five groups of undead with jobber geared/skilled guys was a real dry assfucking.

I don't see any reason not to do all side-missions. You gain more loot, XP for the party and all timers such as merchant and enchanted tower restocks tick by completed missions. I guess it depends on your difficulty level and the vitality levels of your team. For rogue mode it's definitely worth doing missions for restocks as you can't save-scum prior to a restock.

Grunker are you happy now, look I can zip-zap everywhere. :D

pb4SWbk.png

a3z1hHA.png

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
given the response here i feel a little silly now that i refunded this after backing it on kickstarter

bah i bet it's shit anyway :rpgcodex:

Generic-Giant-Spider

I don't see any reason not to do all side-missions. You gain more loot, XP for the party and all timers such as merchant and enchanted tower restocks tick by completed missions. I guess it depends on your difficulty level and the vitality levels of your team. For rogue mode it's definitely worth doing missions for restocks as you can't save-scum prior to a restock.

Playing it on the standard mode on hard difficulty and I think I may have fucked myself and need to restart lolz. Got way too cocky in that mission and suffered tons of vitality damage/injuries and have to basically wait a mission via fast recovery to get two of the boyz back in shape but due to small roster I don't have much of a B-team currently.

There's no like, "pass time" option is there?

Saravan

Savant

Playing it on the standard mode on hard difficulty and I think I may have fucked myself and need to restart lolz. Got way too cocky in that mission and suffered tons of vitality damage/injuries and have to basically wait a mission via fast recovery to get two of the boyz back in shape but due to small roster I don't have much of a B-team currently.

As far as I'm aware the only way to pass time is to complete missions. The only exception I have found is the joust ability acquired from one of the axis in the morality chart, I believe it's righteous-christian.

Jinn

Arcane

Similar situation I was in, but managed to just barely claw my way out of it. Recruited a few more knights after I stabalized and things have been running fairly smoothly since.

I doubt there will be another point in the game when the attrition and recovery will ever be nearly as intense, but the game does seem to still have some tricks up its sleeve, so who knows. That's me at 18 hours in now.

Last edited:

Saravan

Savant
Lmao 125 damage in one regular attack.

PDVbpRD.png

I wonder if teleport counts as movement for the purposes of this passive, will be even more ridiculous.

jcq6XdK.png

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Grunker are you happy now, look I can zip-zap everywhere. :D

pb4SWbk.png

a3z1hHA.png

I really want a teleport ring in my run :(

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

As far as I'm aware the only way to pass time is to complete missions. The only exception I have found is the joust ability acquired from one of the axis in the morality chart, I believe it's righteous-christian.

Being able to pass time outside of missions would break the game in half. It would make vitality damage and injuries entirely pointless.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
After reading all the praises to Balin, it feels like I'm running the leftovers team.

The edgelord christian Ector hates my noble cthulhu guts, but he's too good to be benched.

With Balin ditched the only Vanguard I have atm - Tristan is nothing to write home about.

At least Balan wrecks shit, but not that much better then good old Kay, and taking both of them is wasteful.

Dindrain loves me but she's christian, so the love only lasts while I pay for her silly fairs every other day.

And Yvain does not give a shit about what I do, neutered neutrals are the worst.

Where are all the good cthulhu guys?

:negative:

Generic-Giant-Spider

I chose Balin purely because he had better drip than his brother, no idea that he's regarded as a monster of a man. Fashion never lies, kiddos.

Saravan

Savant
Lmao.

Edit: Grunker changed to YT for you.

lol :lol:

I'd like to know the difficulty though

It's hard difficulty. Perhaps possible on very hard as well (I haven't tested). Even on hard you must first set-up the first 3-4 kills by damaging the opponents so the weapon dmg % stacks enough to start one-shotting the rest. The only way to do infinite attacks is if he one-shots. Rage+Blessed weapon give 1ap back per kill + the relic, totaling 4ap for the standard attack. Obviously the next enemy must be within 8 tiles for it to work as I can't afford to spend any AP on movement.

Saravan

Savant
Ok so I now tried it on Very Hard difficulty and it becomes immediately clear that it gets way more situational if you can manage to pop off the crazy train.

After this room I proceeded to get completely wrecked by the Fisher King as the White Knight build I'm doing is useless against single high HP enemies. I have no idea how you guys are managing Very Hard but I'm loving the fact that a jump in difficulty turned my build from being a I-Win-Button into just being very good at certain encounters. Think I'm going to stay on very hard for now.

Urek

Novice
How many Vanguards in game?

Arcanists is 4, at least. Vanguards i see only 2?

I have Balin, Tristan and Tegyr. However, Tristan almost doesn't count as his basic attack costs 4AP, making him a strictly subpar choice. Unless he has some uber OP-skill in the third part of the skill tree I haven't seen

Tristan has access to alchemist on the third part of the skill tree and that lowers his base attack down to 3AP

Codex Year of the Donut
Ok so I now tried it on Very Hard difficulty and it becomes immediately clear that it gets way more situational if you can manage to pop off the crazy train.
The game isn't very clear about it but the jump in difficulty between hard and very hard is yuge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom