Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft Arclight Rumble - mobile action strategy game

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

yey.... new warcraft game.... heh.....
aba.gif

Suicidal

Arcane
I don't think modern Blizzard is capable of producing anything above this level tbh, best they stay in their lane.

Lambach

Arcane
:hmmm:

1.4 billion fucking people in that godforsaken country that has thousands of years of its own culture, history and identity, and they still choose to rip-off the work of some soy-fueled Californian fat faggots.

Just.... how does this happen?

Zibniyat

Arcane

1.4 billion fucking people in that godforsaken country that has thousands of years of its own culture, history and identity, and they still choose to rip-off the work of some soy-fueled Californian fat faggots.

Quantity alone never amounts to quality. Billions do not matter, and neither do millennia, if basic quality isn't present in a person or a people. Chinese burned out their culture long ago, the Marxist takeover was a clear sign of them only LARP-ing their "long history of culture".

Lambach

Arcane
Quantity alone never amounts to quality. Billions do not matter, and neither do millennia, if basic quality isn't present in a person or a people. Chinese burned out their culture long ago, the Marxist takeover was a clear sign of them only LARP-ing their "long history of culture".

Yeah, as lowly as I think of the Chinks, I will never accept that Avengers and Warcraft are a step above in terms of quality over their pre-Communist culture of yore.

Humbaba

Arcane

You see, it's not a ripoff to the Chinese. From their point of view, China lies at the center of everything, not just geographically speaking. As such, everything that others produce is theirs anyway. What we call a ripoff is more of a reacquisition to them, a form of tribute even. This is also why they don't respect patents. I'm not joking btw.

Viata

Arcane
As such, everything that others produce is theirs anyway
Reminds me of this:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...vilization-research-association-a9097926.html
English is just a Mandarin dialect, Chinese scholars claim

World Civilisation Research Association argue Shakespeare was an 'illiterate actor' and his works were in fact written by Samuel Johnson, author of the Johnson English Dictionary

Vincent Wood
Friday 20 September 2019 10:44
Comments

The English language is a direct offshoot of Mandarin Chinese, a group of academics from the country who believe Europe had no history before the 15th century has claimed.
Scholars from the World Civilisation Research Association, a Chinese scholarly group, argued that all European languages derived from a Mandarin root while speaking at the first China International Frontier Education Summit in Beijing.
Vice president and secretary-general of the group Zhai Guiyun told a reporter from Sina Online that words such as yellow proved a prime example - arguing the word was based on autumnal leaves, and that it was phonetically similar to the mandarin word for ‘leaf drop’.
He added the English pronunciation for shop was essentially the same as the Chinese word, and the word heart resembled “core” in mandarin. In total he believes these and other words establish English as a Mandarin “dialect”.
Mandarin Chinese and English do hold loan words that have been picked up through interaction and trade - for example ketchup, which originated in Malay before travelling into English via Chinese.
Linguists have established English to be a west Germanic language brought to the country by Anglo Saxon settlers - the root of most Eurasian languages are believed to have come from a common core dubbed Proto-indo-european.
Mr Zhai, who also argued William Shakespeare was an “illiterate actor” and his works were in fact written by Samuel Johnson, author of the Johnson English Dictionary, went on to claim that Europe had falsified stories of the ancient Egyptian, Greek and Roman civilisations based on Chinese history.

He added: “Before the 15th and 16th centuries, Europe had no history, only myths and legends.
“The West has been swaying in the face of a long history of splendid Chinese history, and it took nearly 500 years to falsify Western history.”

The statement is not the first time the foundations of western history have been challenged. In 1991, conspiracy theorist Heribert Illig argued the years 614 to 911 were fabricated by the Holy Roman Emperor Otto III, who had rewritten the calender to place is reign within the year 1000 AD.
The theory was debunked by records of solar eclipses in history that continued to appear at expected intervals, along with observations of Halley’s comet.

Lambach

Arcane
As such, everything that others produce is theirs anyway
Reminds me of this:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...vilization-research-association-a9097926.html

World Civilisation Research Association argue Shakespeare was an 'illiterate actor' and his works were in fact written by Samuel Johnson, author of the Johnson English Dictionary

Vincent Wood
Friday 20 September 2019 10:44
Comments

The English language is a direct offshoot of Mandarin Chinese, a group of academics from the country who believe Europe had no history before the 15th century has claimed.
Scholars from the World Civilisation Research Association, a Chinese scholarly group, argued that all European languages derived from a Mandarin root while speaking at the first China International Frontier Education Summit in Beijing.
Vice president and secretary-general of the group Zhai Guiyun told a reporter from Sina Online that words such as yellow proved a prime example - arguing the word was based on autumnal leaves, and that it was phonetically similar to the mandarin word for ‘leaf drop’.
He added the English pronunciation for shop was essentially the same as the Chinese word, and the word heart resembled “core” in mandarin. In total he believes these and other words establish English as a Mandarin “dialect”.
Mandarin Chinese and English do hold loan words that have been picked up through interaction and trade - for example ketchup, which originated in Malay before travelling into English via Chinese.
Linguists have established English to be a west Germanic language brought to the country by Anglo Saxon settlers - the root of most Eurasian languages are believed to have come from a common core dubbed Proto-indo-european.
Mr Zhai, who also argued William Shakespeare was an “illiterate actor” and his works were in fact written by Samuel Johnson, author of the Johnson English Dictionary, went on to claim that Europe had falsified stories of the ancient Egyptian, Greek and Roman civilisations based on Chinese history.

He added: “Before the 15th and 16th centuries, Europe had no history, only myths and legends.
“The West has been swaying in the face of a long history of splendid Chinese history, and it took nearly 500 years to falsify Western history.”

The statement is not the first time the foundations of western history have been challenged. In 1991, conspiracy theorist Heribert Illig argued the years 614 to 911 were fabricated by the Holy Roman Emperor Otto III, who had rewritten the calender to place is reign within the year 1000 AD.
The theory was debunked by records of solar eclipses in history that continued to appear at expected intervals, along with observations of Halley’s comet.

Not to defend the Chinkoids or anything, but you can find this kind of garbage anywhere. Some crazy fuckwit makes a claim that the origin of mankind resides within his own people's history?

That sort of shit is a dime a dozen here in Europe, sometimes even among some highly-educated people you'd expect to not be so..... retarded.

Ninjerk

Arcane
It's really sad when you think about it. More so when ancient China is cool as fuck. Reminds me of that Fallout-clone game that was never released, sadly.
Yeah, what was that called? Didn't we have a thread for it around here somewhere? I wonder what happened to it.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
4 month later...

Clearly it changed something.

The trailer thing at the beginning was alright in a kids' rated E for everyone sorta deal. I mean, Warcraft should be inclusive, right? Couldn't make it past the cringe :prosper: hosts that came out after. Yeesh. I think that East Indian tranny was less offputting than that wymyn(?) one.

I made it to 1:53 out of 10:38 (17.7%). I feel that I've done my duty. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom