Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News TBL May 2022 Releases Listed

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Capcom; Citizen Sleeper; Monster Hunter: World; RPG in a Box; Twilight Wars: Declassified

Turn Based Lovers has an Upcoming Turn Based Games for May list for those wondering if there's anything that's both turn based and coming out this month. While there are a few strategy games on the list, many of them are CRPGs. There's a brief paragraph or three for each of these titles, which include Citizen Sleeper, RPG in a Box, Twilight Wars: Declassified, and several others. Here's a snippet from the opening:

First, I think a great game, whether indie or AAA, should have a reasonably “high price”. Everyone, as a consumer, usually – sometimes unconsciously – thinks a cheap game can’t be that good (though there are, of course, some amazing exception). So, if a game is excellent, why would you then set a low price?

The second reason why KotC 2 price can be justified has something to do with what I said at the beginning: the time spent developing the game. You might know that Knight of the Chalice was released over thirteen years ago, and that the development of the new chapter started at least ten years ago. Took a while, don’t you agree? Now, if we consider the effort put into this project and the time-currency spent on it by the developer – can the price tag of €39.99 still be considered “high”?

I don’t think so.

I don't normally mind the initial price. That's not where I get annoyed. I may decide to pass and wait for a sale to come along and line up with my mood at the time if I think it's too high. What does annoy me are games like Monster Hunter: World, which is currently on sale for $14.99US on Steam but look at the list of DLC for that thing. Most of the DLC are costumes and other totally optional goofy things, but even though most of it is 40% off right now, if you bought all of it, you just spent $413 - on sale!

Churrasco

Augur
Patron
Wasteland 2
As someone that likes monster hunter world, I don't get why you would be pissed off, the only content dlc is Iceborne which is $20, the rest are cosmetics, most of them for your house...that can only be accessed by friends so unless you like to stare at your house or actually have friends that socialize and play mhw, I dont see the point in getting them.
I would be more pissed off at games like Train Sim World 2, that has over $1000 on content dlc, or Tiny Tina's Wonderland $10 for 10 minutes dlc and of course the best game in existance Star Citizen.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
As someone that likes monster hunter world, I don't get why you would be pissed off, the only content dlc is Iceborne which is $20, the rest are cosmetics, most of them for your house...that can only be accessed by friends so unless you like to stare at your house or actually have friends that socialize and play mhw, I dont see the point in getting them.
I would be more pissed off at games like Train Sim World 2, that has over $1000 on content dlc, or Tiny Tina's Wonderland $10 for 10 minutes dlc and of course the best game in existance Star Citizen.

Did you even read what he said?

What does annoy me are games like Monster Hunter: World, which is currently on sale for $14.99US on Steam but look at the list of DLC for that thing. Most of the DLC are costumes and other totally optional goofy things, but even though most of it is 40% off right now, if you bought all of it, you just spent $413 - on sale! !

The argument, Churrasco isnt that the items are essential to the game or just fluff to make you feel nice, its that they exist in the first place. You are the reason these 400 dollars of dlc exist. You defend them. They should be earnable in the game. The only DLC that should be listen on Steam is Iceborne. Everything, and I mean everything else listed as DLC should be in the game, earnable as a reward for doing something, anything other than paying real life money. Nobody can justify 400 dollars of DLC. Whether its train simulator, mhw, or sims.

Churrasco

Augur
Patron
Wasteland 2
hmm guess I didn't, on that I agree, everything should be earnable and only pay for actual expansions like it used to be back in the day.

Dorateen

Arcane
The author forgot to mention the other reason that justifies the price of Knights of The Chalice 2 is the module editor, which opens the way for more content to be continuously released to the community.

Last edited:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member

What I don't like about it is that it's just a way to soak the player of their money. Maybe if they sold it in packs or those things did something, but even then, the fact there's $400 worth of it and it's on sale right now for 40% off. That's insane. That means there's $700 there abouts worth of the stuff. Yeah, it's pretty optional, but it's still crazy that there's that much of it. I don't know a good way of putting it, but the fact they put that much time in to something that they can use to nickel and dime players to the point where if you're a completionist, you're shelling out that much money, it's totally nuts.

The author forgot to mention the other reason that justifies of price of Knights of The Chalice 2 is the module editor, which opens the way for more content to be continuously released to the community.

I have to admit, Knights of the Chalice 2 looks very, very interesting to me. It's one of the ones I'm waiting to hit a decent sale price. By then, there should be some decent modules as well.

elverkongen

Learned

Did you even read what he said?

What does annoy me are games like Monster Hunter: World, which is currently on sale for $14.99US on Steam but look at the list of DLC for that thing. Most of the DLC are costumes and other totally optional goofy things, but even though most of it is 40% off right now, if you bought all of it, you just spent $413 - on sale! !

The argument, Churrasco isnt that the items are essential to the game or just fluff to make you feel nice, its that they exist in the first place. You are the reason these 400 dollars of dlc exist. You defend them. They should be earnable in the game. The only DLC that should be listen on Steam is Iceborne. Everything, and I mean everything else listed as DLC should be in the game, earnable as a reward for doing something, anything other than paying real life money. Nobody can justify 400 dollars of DLC. Whether its train simulator, mhw, or sims.
If it was a single player game, I'd agree with you. It isn't, and they are all optional cosmetics. I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot insect glaive but as long as plenty of other people do, I can count on multiplayer servers continuing to run so I can jump into other players' quests and beat on some monsters.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
Tags: Capcom; Citizen Sleeper; Monster Hunter: World; RPG in a Box; Twilight Wars: Declassified

Turn Based Lovers has an Upcoming Turn Based Games for May list for those wondering if there's anything that's both turn based and coming out this month. While there are a few strategy games on the list, many of them are CRPGs. There's a brief paragraph or three for each of these titles, which include Citizen Sleeper, RPG in a Box, Twilight Wars: Declassified, and several others. Here's a snippet from the opening:

First, I think a great game, whether indie or AAA, should have a reasonably “high price”. Everyone, as a consumer, usually – sometimes unconsciously – thinks a cheap game can’t be that good (though there are, of course, some amazing exception). So, if a game is excellent, why would you then set a low price?

The second reason why KotC 2 price can be justified has something to do with what I said at the beginning: the time spent developing the game. You might know that Knight of the Chalice was released over thirteen years ago, and that the development of the new chapter started at least ten years ago. Took a while, don’t you agree? Now, if we consider the effort put into this project and the time-currency spent on it by the developer – can the price tag of €39.99 still be considered “high”?

I don’t think so.

I don't normally mind the initial price. That's not where I get annoyed. I may decide to pass and wait for a sale to come along and line up with my mood at the time if I think it's too high. What does annoy me are games like Monster Hunter: World, which is currently on sale for $14.99US on Steam but look at the list of DLC for that thing. Most of the DLC are costumes and other totally optional goofy things, but even though most of it is 40% off right now, if you bought all of it, you just spent $413 - on sale!
Out of curiosity Saint_Shitposter how did you get the position on the codex you have?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some of those games look worth a gander.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom