Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
I quit last league fairly early since it is still all same unfun turd every league. Maybe with PoE2 they are able to make a game that does not waste your time with so much unfun shit.

Maybe my mistake is that I keep trying self casters each league trying to capture that Diablo 2 Sorceress fun with all 3 elements (done all 3 versions) but this game is not made for that kind of fun without extreme grinding.

Last edited:

Reever

Scholar
Patron
New div cards
one of them, as expected, give you a MageBlood
TheApothecary.png
Can't wait for the all the other iterations that give you 1/50th of a Mageblood.
and it's a goddamn potion seller reference
Nice

ADL

Prophet
They're giving away a wing cosmetic that's worth $39 tomorrow.
It's a nice cosmetic but why the fuck are they so expensive?
Yes, Twitch Drops for the Rapture Wings will be enabled from the start of the livestream until 10pm PDT for all channels streaming Path of Exile during that time.

You will get your Rapture Wings after 45 minutes of accumulated watch time during this period. This means that the drop is guaranteed for everyone who has watched any Path of Exile stream for this amount of time. This promotion is available for all accounts.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Everything in this game is inflated to give you the sense of getting a better deal when you buy a supporter pack and more recently lootboxes.

Also they aren't aimed at the normal playerbase, they are aimed at whales. Whales are the majority of the F2P economy these days despite generally being less than 10% of the playerbase.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Everything in this game is inflated to give you the sense of getting a better deal when you buy a supporter pack and more recently lootboxes.

Also they aren't aimed at the normal playerbase, they are aimed at whales. Whales are the majority of the F2P economy these days despite generally being less than 10% of the playerbase.
Yeah. I've actually occasionally considered buying some cosmetics, but every time I look at the prices I just nope out of there. I might pay 10 euro or something to make the character I'm going to play for 30 hours look cool, but there's no fucking way I'll ever pay 200 euro.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah. I've actually occasionally considered buying some cosmetics, but every time I look at the prices I just nope out of there. I might pay 10 euro or something to make the character I'm going to play for 30 hours look cool, but there's no fucking way I'll ever pay 200 euro.

Well tbf the cosmetics are permanent and thus can be used for any of your future character but yeah as pointed out this kind of skin are geared towards whale. Most F2P players will not buy any cosmetic no matter how low the price is to begin with so for those who actually buy and support the game, for F2P games - especially one that's not P2W, the price of those cosmetic will be highly inflated.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
My problem is not the presence of pricey cosmetics but the constant downloading of content I won't purchase.
Every week, entire gigabytes of useless data are being downloaded.
It's a joke game.
Good to complete the campaign once but that's it.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
ITT: poorfags.

People have been whining about the high prices for as long as I can remember. It's not aimed at whales. The gacha-box - where you have to spend 2k+ if you want the combined set - that one is aimed at whales. Many people I know will only buy 1 supporter once every league and that's it. You don't need 200bux to look good. 60 is enough.

Or just take all the free stuff they give out.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
You don't need to be a poorfag to realize the monetization is bullshit. This is coming from someone that bought a few supporter packs. The sets aren't that good looking for the high price they're asking, especially when compared to other games on the market.
The best part is them making the 30$ tier absolutely worthless and than adding a 90$ tier to all supporter packs. If that's not aimed at whales, I don't know what is.
It's not aimed at whales.
Could've fooled me.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
That thing is up for 1 year. 500bux a year isn't whale territory. Any wagie can afford this.

Unless you're a poorfag from a 3rd world country. But then your primary concern shouldn't be mtx in a game anyway.

This is coming from someone that bought a few supporter packs. The sets aren't that good looking for the high price they're asking, especially when compared to other games on the market.
So why the fuck are you buying it then?

The best part is them making the 30$ tier absolutely worthless and than adding a 90$ tier to all supporter packs. If that's not aimed at whales, I don't know what is.
You LITERALLY get the 30bux as points to spend however you like and everything on top is extra. Same goes for the 90bux.

It's the same bullshit arguments with you poorfags every time when the discussion on mtx pricing comes up. Just admit that you're poor and want more for less.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
That thing is up for 1 year. 500bux a year isn't whale territory. Any wagie can afford this.
I'm sure every wagie is going to save 500$ in order to spend on some overpriced pixels for ONE (1) video game. Or they could buy like 10 full-priced video games. Or not pay more than 20$ for a video game and get even more.
You LITERALLY get the 30bux as points to spend however you like and everything on top is extra. Same goes for the 90bux.
Key word here is "as points". Which is why, returning to my main point I've made earlier, every cosmetic is overpriced as shit. I understand that it's hard for a fanboy to understand when they're being ripped off but I'm here to explain further if you need to.
Thanks for feeding Chris' continuous decline. :salute:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
If you hate the game and the prices, why are you still paying and playing? Just go buy one of those great 20bux games you mentioned and play those instead.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

0:33
I have deja vu

You can make it so that only your favoured maps will drop, gain bonuses for not modifying your maps with fragments, convert unwanted maps or scarabs into random ones, control how offensive or defensive monsters you encounter in maps are and even turn off specific past leagues to improve the chances of encountering the content you enjoy the most.
someone was right, for once...
Screenshot2.jpg

Awakened Enlighten/Empowered/Enhanced can reach lvl4 without corruption

uber versions of Path of Exile's pinnacle boss fights: Venarius, Sirus, The Maven, The Searing Exarch, The Eater of Worlds, The Shaper and The Uber Elder.

Bloodlines and Nemesis have been removed from the core game. Some of their modifiers have been incorporated into the new monster modifier system:

Last edited:

Reever

Scholar
Patron
The league mechanic looks boring af, but the changes to the Atlas are very good. Very light in content which is probably a skip for me.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
The juice levels are going to be so out of control this league. The only thing I regret is no more boss rush strat and infinite scarabs.

Perkel

Arcane
haha they finally did something to HH

only one instance of aura instead of infinite stacking.

Still ridicolously powerful but at least not broken completely.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I slept through the stream, and it was available for shorter time than I thought, so no free wings for me.

New league looks very meh to me. 0 excitement at yet another generic "buff enemies and occasionally get generic loot". Replacing old mods with archnemesis mods is way more impactful. Ability to turn off boring old leagues in maps also seems like a decent addition. No new skills or ascendency reworks is also lame.

If the challenges seem easy enough and the rewards are nice I might do a short playthrough just to get the first reward, but most likely I'll skip this league.

Perkel

Arcane
replacement of mods was for sure something game needed from the moment when speed meta became a thing.

But imho archnemesis mods are pretty boring. They are more interesting than "accurate" but at the same time super boring and don't really change anything.

If you look at their new microtransactions they spend a lot more time to make them more interesting than those archnemesis mods. For example one of microtransactions "grows" over course of your progress. Other change depending on what tier of maps you are running.

Imho rare mobs mods should be the one dictating how you play game. For example if there are hard counters like in D2 then you can't specialize in one skill because you need to have at minimum 2-3 different skill to progress.

If for example mod like "posses" would exist then he would use your minions against you naturally not all of them but like half of mobs suddenly start ot fight with each other. Then stuff like corpse explosion or dark pact would make much more sense to have as a secondary skill.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
We already had that with physical and elemental reflect rares and people never ran a secondary skill for those. They either died to them and complained or skipped them.

Most good builds are already starved on sockets as is. Even if somebody was as insane as you are to enjoy this type of gameplay, they would have to wait until PoE2 gem system releases.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom