Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blizzard announced "Classic" World of Warcraft

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Level 68 with my resto shaman, leveling only through dungeons. The tank shortage is very real and with the number of people playing healers, there's some days where where it's frustrating to get groups going... But I'll stick with the plan, hit 70, Respec to elemental and clean up all the quests for the extra exp to gold conversion, then I'll have enough for flying mount and Respec back to resto.

Akratus II

Savant
Patron
I'm grinding hellfire citadel now with my roommate. Switched to Restoration, and use this build: https://tbc.wowhead.com/talent-calc/druid/--50050350031500531351
I'm level 60 so I've got 6 points left. I've focused on being good in Tree of Life form, and love the power of my HoTs now. What other talents are good? I know you have to be outside the form to decurse in some dungeons and it'd let me use healing touch again so those talents might help out then, but outside of that nothing seems very useful. Maybe two in improved tranquility? Never used it before though. I never quite know how well I'm doing in general so any tips would be appreciated.

Level 68 with my resto shaman, leveling only through dungeons. The tank shortage is very real and with the number of people playing healers, there's some days where where it's frustrating to get groups going... But I'll stick with the plan, hit 70, Respec to elemental and clean up all the quests for the extra exp to gold conversion, then I'll have enough for flying mount and Respec back to resto.

Good thing I've got a pocket tank in my roommate.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I'm grinding hellfire citadel now with my roommate. Switched to Restoration, and use this build: https://tbc.wowhead.com/talent-calc/druid/--50050350031500531351
I'm level 60 so I've got 6 points left. I've focused on being good in Tree of Life form, and love the power of my HoTs now. What other talents are good? I know you have to be outside the form to decurse in some dungeons and it'd let me use healing touch again so those talents might help out then, but outside of that nothing seems very useful. Maybe two in improved tranquility? Never used it before though. I never quite know how well I'm doing in general so any tips would be appreciated.

Good thing I've got a pocket tank in my roommate.
This is the site I use for builds, crafting, leveling, gear recommendations, consumables and rotation advice - link to resto druid section:
https://wowtbc.gg/class-guides/restoration-druid/

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

This is a group issue. I felt like tanking a dungeon or two during waiting the other day but both pugs were so nightmarishly horrible I just chose to stick with guild only groups.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

This is a group issue. I felt like tanking a dungeon or two during waiting the other day but both pugs were so nightmarishly horrible I just chose to stick with guild only groups.

I think its a bit more than that. There is little incentive to play a tank at 70 because little to no guilds need tanks for the endgame content, those spots are usually already filled while healers and dps are more sought after. So dungeon tanks are a dead end path unless you are planning on mostly running heroics or raid pugs.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

I think its a bit more than that. There is little incentive to play a tank at 70 because little to no guilds need tanks for the endgame content, those spots are usually already filled while healers and dps are more sought after. So dungeon tanks are a dead end path unless you are planning on mostly running heroics or raid pugs.

I'll have to disagree at least from what I've seen of it. I personally raid as Ret but I have no issues and generally do spec prot for dungeon spamming with guildies. I'd do it with pugs as well if they weren't so dreadfully horrible to play with. Their own behaviour have most definately cut them off from at least one potential tank in that case (and I do know many other dungeon-speccers). There's just zero incentive to go and frustrate oneself with what potentially and most likely can be a nightmare run.

Ninjerk

Arcane
A couple of my IRL friends that I haven't been able to get together with for years started playing so I bit the bullet. I hit 70 earlier this week on my shaman, pleveled my JC 80-350 in a day, got my flying mount, and I'll hopefully be raiding Karazhan tomorrow (as resto). I'm surprised not to see +healing and mp5 numbers being thrown around like they were back in the day.

boot

Prophet
I started playing this again, left my lvl 60 hunter and paladin on Kromcrush and moved to Grobbulus, grinding to 70 now on another hunter and paladin. Blizzard says the server is at "full" capacity but I think most are bots.

Anyone still play this?

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
A couple of my IRL friends that I haven't been able to get together with for years started playing so I bit the bullet. I hit 70 earlier this week on my shaman, pleveled my JC 80-350 in a day, got my flying mount, and I'll hopefully be raiding Karazhan tomorrow (as resto). I'm surprised not to see +healing and mp5 numbers being thrown around like they were back in the day.
Did you buy gold?

Did you buy gold?
Unless you're a third worlder or unemployed, you absolutely should buy gold. An hour of work in real life can buy you dozens of mind numbing grinding hours worth of gold in game.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
What do you need gold for? There's never been anything useful on AH, since loot is soul-bound. This game has no economy, never had one. Who needs flasks anyway, fuck that shit.

I haven't been playing since they decided to cut off Russia. If they don't need me, I don't need them. I was a paying customer since 2004, but jewish tricks are more important than fidelity towards your customers or responsibility towards your shareholders nowadays. A new reality.

I've been annoyed with how pozzed they were for years. This shit they pulled broke the camel's back.

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
My core group of players left the guild we were in because they were master looting shit to guild leadership that were marginal upgrades for their characters or prioritized their alts over other members mains. We played with the idea of all joining a T5 guild but couldn't find something that fit for everyone for various reasons so I just quit the game and filled the time I'd otherwise be playing with more productive shit. I feel better and I probably won't touch this game again until I'm too old to do anything meaningful except ride out my remaining years on nostalgia fumes.

Absinthe

Arcane
Blizzard is mismanaging the fuck out of Classic WoW afaict and either does not know how to stop bots or is scared of all the sub money they will lose by banning them in an actually effective way. Server transfers and server population is definitely being handled badly. Coupled with the way the meta's shifted and Blizz moderation has gotten worse and fucked over the chat, I'm not sure there's all that much nostalgia left to be reexperienced from playing it. I wouldn't be surprised if half the problem wasn't some kind of cold war between the retail WoW and classic WoW teams though, who are scared they're going to get upstaged by classic so they try to sabotage it.

Quitting WoW is a pretty good call tbh.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Oh, in my ostensibly advanced age I would be looking for private servers if the internet isn't taken away from us plebs where I could play with octogenarian Brazilians, Chinese, and Russians.

Dunno where to put so here it goes.

Kiara is an annoying bitch and Allah forgive me, an austrian. But Hololive in general is pretty fun and the girls are usually nice. Also, the artist formerly known as Kiryu Coco is redpilled.

n0iBa8v.png

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
My only issue with kiara is the "try too hard to appeal" approach (Can blame her irl idol days i guess for that one), besides that she is alright, i enjoy her interview/talk show thing. Plus she is H0T, like the spice on her nuggets.
:kfc::desu:
ps: Ina best 1st gen EN.

Absinthe

Arcane
Well, if you're hard up for tanks, just tank with your Shaman. If there are too many healers around it's not a problem. Blizzard did nerf Shaman aggro tools (Earth Shock & Rockbiter Weapon no longer do additional threat) in TBC, in part because the WoW designers had a hard-on for pigeonholing tanks (even though the original vanilla WoW design was meant to allow for Shaman tanking), but it can still be done. Just use Windfury Weapon (which even in vanilla tended to generate more threat than Rockbiter if you had a decent weapon), Frost Shock (which now does bonus threat for some reason), and Lightning Shield to sustain aggro, really. If you're tanking with spell damage I guess you can swap Windfury for Flametongue Weapon.

Really, when it comes to dungeons, aside from Warrior and Druid tanking, there is Paladin tanking, Warlock tanking, Shaman tanking, Warlock Voidwalker pet tanking, and probably more (Hunters? Shadow Priests?). When you're short on tanks, there are a number of meme spec tanks that can do dungeons just fine.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
I tanked as a moonkin up to t5 in tbc because our guild didn't have enough tanks, worked fine enough
wrath generates significant amounts of aggro, hurricane(?) was good for aoe and actually better than anything non-paladins had for quick aoe threat

you need to get a good feral mace for the +armor, mana isn't a problem as long as you get a hit in occasionally due to the massive dmg->mana

Myobi

Liturgist
... and you know what? Thank fucking lord for that shit.

Been leveling a character, trainers always dead, can't put shit on the AH without getting zombie aids, fun stuff, but gets annoying fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom