Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The pictures are back now, maybe their store problems will be resolved too. High traffic or DDOS or something maybe?

They had regular maintenance time. Happens every Tuesday around that time.

Also, Kyle Rittenhouse simulator:

ferratilis

Magister
It's hard to believe this game is cheaper than 5 bucks. For a low budget indie horror game inspired by RE1 it's pretty good. Much worse asset flips sometimes cost five times as much, so this is a steal.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Sword of Jade: Parallel Dreams, a furry RPG made with OHRRPGCE RPG creation software, remastered from original 2005 release. I can find few posts mentioning how this game is goofy-furry-pretentious but has good and novel gameplay systems.

ss_f27b9dbf729b70aad4a407ca8c77f841aa41e494.600x338.jpg
ss_8c023731e0daaa1f0adc12ffdb869a1cd6e2ac1e.600x338.jpg

Modron

Arcane
Unfortunately Tru or Die: Chiraq got delayed
:negative:

ARMA Reforger entered Early Access

Project Crypt a gzdoom mod is available on steam

Cheap retro horror game

Old World had a near midnight release comes with the Heroes of Aegean DLC when purchased during the next couple days.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Weird take on Harvest Moon

Wasn't even aware a second Goetia was in production

Makers of all those Decision games of yesteryear made a new one

Not sure if this is just the demo reskinned or a new prologue

Irata

Scholar

Riding in on the Vampire Survivors hype. It has more twin-stick shooting aspects to it than VS. I have to admit I had some fun with the demo.

lightbane

Arcane
Sword of Jade: Parallel Dreams, a furry RPG made with OHRRPGCE RPG creation software, remastered from original 2005 release. I can find few posts mentioning how this game is goofy-furry-pretentious but has good and novel gameplay systems.

I'll be damned. I remember trying to play this one but never getting to do it. It looks like the old classics are all coming back. Example:

The OG game was quite worth playing, although it's a 2D survival horror, no idea about this remake.

Ever since Yume Nikki, it seems an unwritten law that RPGMaker games MUST have horror elements to some degree.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Ever since Yume Nikki, it seems an unwritten law that RPGMaker games MUST have horror elements to some degree.
I think that's just selection bias. Most of the interesting ones tend to lean towards horror, whereas the ones that don't tend to look generic as hell, and if a RPGmaker game is generic looking, you're probably not going to want to play it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom