Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Sjukob

Arcane
Alright, now it's my turn to post Ashes screenshots:

gzdoom-2022-05-01-11-20-17-87.png

gzdoom-2022-05-01-21-04-00-00.png

gzdoom-2022-05-03-01-39-46-13.png

gzdoom-2022-05-02-01-26-42-45.png

gzdoom-2022-05-01-20-25-44-58.png

gzdoom-2022-05-01-20-59-57-65.png

gzdoom-2022-05-02-21-41-00-01.png

gzdoom-2022-05-03-15-12-20-42.png

gzdoom-2022-05-03-22-37-49-37.png

gzdoom-2022-05-04-00-01-03-08.png

gzdoom-2022-05-04-20-28-07-50.png

gzdoom-2022-05-04-22-50-05-28.png

gzdoom-2022-05-04-23-07-29-35.png

Riskbreaker

I managed to snag it on steam years and years back while it was still on sale. Not that I've much use of it being in my library there as I still had to use a cracked .exe in the end: the game employed Tages DRM which is pretty much dead and none of the workarounds mentioned on the steam forums helped.
Wish I picked up the GOG release while I still could, that one is gone now too.

The Decline

Arcane
I managed to snag it on steam years and years back while it was still on sale. Not that I've much use of it being in my library there as I still had to use a cracked .exe in the end: the game employed Tages DRM which is pretty much dead and none of the workarounds mentioned on the steam forums helped.

Couldn't you just pirate the GoG release?

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Damn, I've been meaning to try that version for a while. Did they at least record new voice lines in Japanese?

Psquit

Arcane
GET THIS BETA RPG SHIT OFF ME!! AHHHHHHHH!

aGLigCV.jpg

Welcome to the electrosphere.

Some light and heavy spoilers for Ace Combat 3, 0 and 7.
aFWRyue.png

RKbRozG.png

9fwR7h1.png

K6DCk0w.png

PniUCy5.png

zsvWDrh.png

12EYqbs.png

sOpMZII.png

GdHZPhO.png

ylJgQdp.png

ls8ZP2I.png

i4ZruR9.png

KzeaOeU.png

FLZvyAb.png

10/10 would bomb civilians and join a terrorist organization again. Remember is not a crime if you make a virtual copy of everyone you kill.

JDR13

Arcane
The remake with the additional story and a few simplified gameplay sections. It looks nice, though the colour correction may be a bit excessive in some places.

I have it on GOG, but I've never played it. I remember the original Butcher Bay being pretty good though.

What did they simplify about the gameplay compared to the original? Is it simplified in a bad way?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
20220506094912_1.jpg

Started a new group, more fit for Zehir. A Cleric of Vergadain ( the neutral dwarven deity of luck, trickery, negotiation and wealth ), a Fey/Shadow Warlock, a Moon Elf Ninja (think monk + rogue) and a Barbarian.

20220506102118_1.jpg

Last edited:

Riskbreaker

The remake with the additional story and a few simplified gameplay sections. It looks nice, though the colour correction may be a bit excessive in some places.

I have it on GOG, but I've never played it. I remember the original Butcher Bay being pretty good though.

What did they simplify about the gameplay compared to the original? Is it simplified in a bad way?
Been years since I've played the original but there's at last one section where I recognized a change for the worse: early on where you encounter a guard mech for the first time, in the original version you could - indeed were encouraged to - avoid combat and sneak/run away whereas in the rerelease you are required to fight the mech in order to proceed.

But every single goddamn menu screen or house requires loading. :negative:
This brought up the memories of Chrono Trigger's PSX port.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom