Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS The Fall From Heaven Thread [Civ 4 mod] - 2016 Edition™ - 2022 Update!

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Civ modding is dead after Civ 4 because starting from Civ 5 there is no .dll access which means unlikely there is going to be anything complex enough from modding scene outside of number adjustment and the occasion new units or the likes.

Actually, Civ5's dll is available here. There is, reportedly, a number of total conversion mods for Civ5, but I'm not aware of any that ever approached FFH in popularity. Not that I ever held much interest in 5's modding scene, as I played it on release and got really burned by how shitty it was. Civ6 was a move in the right direction IMO, but then they dropped the ball on the expansions and never released the dll source so...

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Civ modding is dead after Civ 4 because starting from Civ 5 there is no .dll access which means unlikely there is going to be anything complex enough from modding scene outside of number adjustment and the occasion new units or the likes.

Actually, Civ5's dll is available here. There is, reportedly, a number of total conversion mods for Civ5, but I'm not aware of any that ever approached FFH in popularity. Not that I ever held much interest in 5's modding scene, as I played it on release and got really burned by how shitty it was. Civ6 was a move in the right direction IMO, but then they dropped the ball on the expansions and never released the dll source so...

Ah so they ended up releasing DLL for it later. It was a grievance on Civ 5 Modding and I kinda stopped following Civ 5 modding. Hopefully they do release 6 dll after all the DLC is released

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I wouldn't get my hopes up. With the conclusion of the season pass they're most likely done with the DLC's, and there's no info whatsoever regarding the dll release. Too bad, I'd love to see a proper fantasy mod (or even FFH reimagining) on 6's engine. For all the hate it gets on the Codex, I think it had some potential.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So yesterday I decided to check for myself what's so great about Mahala and....

aVFb6Yx.jpg

Turn 29 - no Animal Husbandry yet, but two AIs are already dead. Warrior rush lmao.

With the Dwarves and Centaurs out of the game, I turned my attention to the Elhoim. Being the gaylords that they are, they bought themselves time with their world spell, forcing me to turn my armies west towards the Malakim.

o6oBxsz.jpg

Eventually we came back for them.

Now with Gandalf and Dorne out of the picture, it was just us and the orcs. And the Fedora tippers, but they were a joke this game. Anyway....

XRWY3IM.jpg

This is what the Orc homeland looked like in Turn 142, when they declared war on me.

0DRUiDh.jpg

Same place, 13 turns later. Braduk "the burning" indeed. :lol:

With all major factions gone all that was left was to eliminate the Amazing Atheist, meaning I was all set for a...

lzAQ8jD.jpg

Religious victory...? Sure, I'll take it. I guess those Egyptian guys we killed like 100 turns ago had the right idea.

7XJLxbu.jpg

Fastest victory ever. On turn 186 everyone realized this whole "civilization" thing was nothing but a gay little fad and went back to living in caves and hunting alongside wolves, like Camulos intended. :obviously:

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
broken links. broken links everywhere.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/extramodmod-installer.28258/

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/extramodmod-continued.646778/

Not broken for me. Antivirus, maybe?

and then died right away.

Are you certain? Walter Hawkwood is online right now and he posted a reply in his thread on April 25th.

Man I am reinstalling Civ now just to play this mod again

yes-scheming.gif

i was going to surefire thank you, but then

Beyond the Sword Only Mods FFH 2 Complete & Dune Wars & Planetfall.rar
11.78 GB

not sure if serious.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
I bumped this thread so people would go back to playing FFH2 and I'm not stopping until they do:

https://filebin.net/f3ai5wj54opjxlp7

I made a RAR file with all you need.

1) FallfromHeaven2041n.exe
2) FfH2041o.exe
3) FfH2media.exe
4) emm-0.6.0-beta7-setup.exe (extramodmod, optional)

Run everything in that order, extract into the "C:\[Steam]\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods" and then run the "EMM" shortcut on your desktop. Everything will work just fine. Steam users might have to change the game to "original release" under betas.

Last edited:

mastroego

Arcane
I bumped this thread so people would go back to playing FFH2 and I'm not stopping until they do:

https://filebin.net/f3ai5wj54opjxlp7

I made a RAR file with all you need.

1) FallfromHeaven2041n.exe
2) FfH2041o.exe
3) FfH2media.exe
4) emm-0.6.0-beta7-setup.exe (extramodmod, optional)

Run everything in that order, extract into the "C:\[Steam]\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods" and then run the "EMM" shortcut on your desktop. Everything will work just fine. Steam users might have to change the game to "original release" under betas.
Ok I'll bite.
How would you compare this mod to a game like, say, MOM?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
How would you compare this mod to a game like, say, MOM?
MoM has more cool stuff you can do with magic, but the AI is absolutely clueless. FFH2's more simplistic style allows the AI to play at a somewhat competent level and that's credit to the MNAI modders. AFAIK MoM is long dead and no further efforts have been made into teaching the AI anything. I guess you would have to MP, but good luck with that.

How's performance?
Same as it ever was with civ engine: fine for the most part, but late game it reaches a point when you just want it to be over due to turns taking too long.

Same as it ever was with civ engine: fine for the most part, but late game it reaches a point when you just want it to be over due to turns taking too long.

How's performance?
you can end games even on biggest maps, something you just can't with any other famous mod.

Hmmmm... seems ok you guys.
Did they add those performance improvements Caveman2Cosmos did?

Man, haven't played FFH2 in a loooong time. Anything I should know?

Putting it on my list again. Good thing I already got Civ4 intalled here.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Did they add those performance improvements Caveman2Cosmos did?
Probably not, fam. EMM is vanilla FFH2 + improved AI and some rebalancing, nothing more. No new factions, no major overhauls to what Kael did way back in the day. Maybe Ashes of Erebus might have done something like that, but I dunno, I dislike that mod.

Man, haven't played FFH2 in a loooong time. Anything I should know?
The Doviello will attack you. Always. There's no escaping BAR BAR BAR. Also, move first, then haste.

Last edited:

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I used to love this game. I always played Grigori for their adventurers.

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
edYutWZ.png

You know what CIV? I kinda believe you.

You made me do it Eyestabber, hope you're happy. Guess I'll do a quick Sheaim run. Even though I kinda suck at this game, I always enjoyed unleashing Armageddon upon the world.

Last edited:

mastroego

Arcane
hmmm, so.
Can anyone try a comparison with Warlock - The Exiled + Renaissance Mod, which is supposedly a great package?
I actually got it back then, scratched the surface, recognized it indeed seemed to have potential, but didn't delve much deeper into it for lack of time and generally for being a lazy oldfag.

I need to summon the time, patience and will to "get into" a game of this scope again.
Anyone played both, by chance?
(it was cvv who strongly recommended Rainassance IIRC)

mastroego

Arcane
No one, eh?
Bummer.
I'll have to make the comparison myself....

It'll take me years at this pace.
Damn, I spend more time stockpiling games and theorizing about how and when to play them than playing them.
:negative:

EDIT:
I still have Warlock II with the Renaissance Mod installed.
Didn't even remember it.
The mod got recently updated too.
One thing I can attest, since I did play with it a bit, is that you truly can't distinguish between the original content and the added stuff, and that includes all the graphics. This is no small feat.
Guess I'll start here and eventually try FFH2.

Last edited:

Comte_II

Ok Eyestabber installing this for the first time ever despite owning civ4 forever. Thanks for the download package.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom