Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGWatch was going to shut down - taken over by Taluntain instead!

Pladio

Educated
As the title says - RPGWatch will be closing down soon. I think many people here used to frequent the Watch and many have memories of the friendly kickstarter contests between both sites. So, thought some of you may be interested.

As long-time member but rarely poster of the Codex, I may be seeking refuge here. I'll mostly be lurking as I have done in the past, but you may see my face pop up once in a while to ask questions about games...

Anyway, here's the news below.

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50134

For the last few years I've been thinking about what I want to do with RPGWatch. The reason for this is that I have lost all stamina with respect to RPGWatch. I found and find no enjoyment in the things I do here anymore and I find it a chore to continue doing them, so I end up not doing them anymore or only partially.

The interests I have in this phase of my life, simply do not match with what RPGWatch is anymore and I like to do other things that bring me more joy and fulfilment. RPGWatch has changed over the years, but so have I.

As mentioned, this is something I am feeling for quite some time and there isn't a particular reason why I am telling you my decision now and not in a couple of months or a year, besides that I think it is about time to let you know this and not drag this on much longer.

I have decided to stop RPGWatch. The option to fund RPGwatch via Paypal has already stopped and the funding we still have is sufficient to make us go on until the end of July, which would then also be the end date.

I've started with RPGDot in 2000 and created, together with the RPGDot team, RPGWatch in 2006. I have many fond memories of those 22 years. Also a couple of bad ones, but lets not dwell on those. Once RPGWatch is gone, I'm sure there will be days in the future where I will not only miss RPGWatch, but will miss especially the RPGWatch team and the people I like and liked to interact with on our forums.

Eventhough my feelings about RPGWatch are no longer the same, I am proud of everything we did and have accomplished in the past years and I really want to thank all of you for being with us.

I'm sorry for bringing this bad news to you.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
kfdXNge.png

if you had any doubts about one of the people behind the trannification of the codex

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
No need to fear, they're more likely to go to Resetera than here. And if they choose the 'dex, they know what they're signing up for.

Frankly, RPGWatch was on the decline since its inception as a shadow of good old RPGdot. It only continued to fall with no impetus of its own. Too mild for the Codex and Resetera both. Surprised it lasted as long.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
great, now codex will get even more trannified than it already is
You think DarkUnderlord has any more stamina left than his peer at RPGWatch? It's much more likely that we see Crispy becoming Administrator within the next year, you'll be begging for a simple trannification.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom