Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters Released

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I'm afraid GW's pricing is too rich for my blood, but I'm also not blind to obvious financial fact. I oddly enough don't project my niche politics onto corporations that care only about their bottom lines, not whatever dumb culture war you're all waging in the margins. If you think some milquetoast statement from years ago and some characters that aren't your specific aryan fantasies will tank them, you're deeply mistaken. If anything Age of Sigmar would've been the crucible, forcing the loyal fans to buy new rulebooks and armies. Guess what made em these profits?

Freakydemon being pleased with himself after finally finding somewhere to use the word "milquetoast".
s2CwSVO.png

Last edited:

FriendlyMerchant

Telling your paying and loyal customers to fuck off will certainly turn out well for them.

oh we will be missed, after their miniatures and comics keep going down on sales year after year.

They had a spike in sales last few years, but from that point onward they went totally bonkers with fucking up youtube creators, rising prices and making more and more unplayable rules (and weird business decisions)
+ home resin 3d printing is taking miniature world by storm with simplier and fancier technology each year. Sooner or later GW will have to change something if they want to stay a float.

It typically takes a while for the wokeness to drive people off. Players will notice the price increase, and some of them might have read the release about diversity and maybe some of them got to the end of it. It's typically not until they get overbearing that the general consumer base starts to notice. And they always push it to that point. Look at how they've tank comic books with Marvel and DC in a race to have the most gay characters, and their sales are in the shitter.
Codex anons! Good strong friend anons! Sales is irrelevance anons because globalist shekel demon will reward American California brain disease nonsense anons with infinity Blackrock funding anons! It is true anons! It is! Sales is irrelevance anons! It is true anons! It is!
bywyz9k.jpg

This sounds antisemitic.

dacencora

Probably because it was low-effort, low-tier shitposting.

The game is pretty cool though, I must say. It is a pretty standard nu-Xcom affair it seems, but with the added benefit of 40k, which just makes it a little better for me. Performance definitely seems wonky. The cutscenes are always the part where it struggles the most, which is odd.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Probably because it was low-effort, low-tier shitposting.

The game is pretty cool though, I must say. It is a pretty standard nu-Xcom affair it seems, but with the added benefit of 40k, which just makes it a little better for me. Performance definitely seems wonky. The cutscenes are always the part where it struggles the most, which is odd.

For me, the menus is where the game freezes the most. It is really weird. I sometimes lose mouse control for a few seconds when I open a menu.
The story, setting, and strategic layer are lore appropriate, but the combat is a bit non-cannon, with power armor offering very little protection, and autogun cultists being a major threat to your Space Meehrins. I know OP space marines don't make for very good gameplay, but OG Chaos Gate managed to make it work just fine, with anti tank weapons being used to turn these Terminators into porridge.

But yes, I find it a good mix of Gears of War Tactics and NuXCOM, and it is quite challenging.

Shin

Cipher
But yes, I find it a good mix of Gears of War Tactics and NuXCOM, and it is quite challenging.

Is there anything this game does significantly better/has more depth (mechanically) than either Gears of War Tactics and/or NuXCOM?

ikarinokami

Augur
The game is good. finished it. it has a warhammer 40k appropriate level of difficulty. I don't i like that you can't miss shots though. I know everyone complains about the RNG in x-com2, but the RNG is what makes it interesting to me. so if you ever yearned for a non RNG xcom2, well this is it. The game seems to stall but not freeze at during combat but other than that I didn't run into any bugs.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom