Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGWatch was going to shut down - taken over by Taluntain instead!

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
just realized a bunch of non-americans love fallout because they thought it was anti-capitalist lol
o7kqhxkcd7z21.jpg

don't interrupt rusty while he's discovering FalloutWiki/Timeline

but yeah pretty much his generation in a nutshell

Codex Year of the Donut
None of that stuff can be easily found in the game (i.e. cutscene) so it might as well not exist for most players. Cope, seethe, join, die.

re: the Watch, rip but I can't feel anything about it when rancid shit like Resetera is still around.

Pladio

Educated
I remember thinking "WTF is RPGWatch" whenever I first heard it here. I was surprised at how dead it was when I went to check what it was. Make no mistake, this was a while coming. For such a general forum to be so dead, it was a clear sign it wasn't long for the world.
It's not closing because it's dead. It's closing because the admin is tired being the admin.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember thinking "WTF is RPGWatch" whenever I first heard it here. I was surprised at how dead it was when I went to check what it was. Make no mistake, this was a while coming. For such a general forum to be so dead, it was a clear sign it wasn't long for the world.
It's not closing because it's dead. It's closing because the admin is tired being the admin.
Can't imagine this ever happening to 'dex. Right... guys?

Codex Year of the Donut
Shit's dead.
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14
first page has threads going months without a reply
kotc2 thread has 4 pages. Codex kotc2 thread has nearly 300.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Last post by DarkUnderlord was made more than a week ago.

Codex Year of the Donut
2K6FZM8.png

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
2K6FZM8.png
Ratings aren't posts.

Humbaba

Arcane

Dündarlord is too drunk to quit.

Pladio

Educated
Shit's dead.
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14
first page has threads going months without a reply
kotc2 thread has 4 pages. Codex kotc2 thread has nearly 300.

What ?
How is that a reference to anything ?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
In the opening video you see an American soldier execute a Canadian POW and happily wave to the camera, that means America bad.
I remember seeing that and thinking that's an unusually realistic and honest portrayal of America and Western hypocrisy in general. I didn't realize they were trying to critique anything, I just though they were laying it down like it is, with no commentary at all. Funny.

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Unlike other platforms which claim to allow free speech, but then censor or ban you for having an opinion, we at the RPG Codex(Tm) do not ostracize people for having a different opinion.

The fact that you are wrong does not mean you aren't entitled to be wrong.

Not so sure about this anymore.... I was banned from posting for over a year just because I called out some woke and overly political RPG devs. I don't like woke or politics in my RPGs. And no ugly chicks please. :) That's pretty much all we get now and the games turn out so bad because of it. Just like all the bad woke movies. So I think the Codex isn't much behind RPGWatch really. You know what they say, get woke, go broke.

For me, it's not really fun here anymore because I feel like I'm walking on egg shells now. I'm actually confused about what I can post here because I will just get banned again if I cross some imaginary line or talk against some woke shit in RPGs that the mods may be shilling for. I'm sure others feel like that too. That is really bad for free speech and will just encourage more and more mediocrity and censorship until all there is left is a woke echo chamber that will end up just becoming irrelevant like RPGWatch. Oh well.

:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom