Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Bloodeyes FYI, you don't have to be at 40 vigor in the beginning/middle of the game. You can go into other stats now if you want.

They nerfed more enemies/bosses? Good lord...

I remember back in my Elden Ring days you needed 50 vigor just to take a few licks. Times are a changin.

Bosses are easier than normal packs of enemies because you can summon a big knight with a halberd to take the licks for you then shoot them in the back with holy sword powers while they are fighting him.

50 vigor is a pretty steep investment. I don't think I'd want that unless I was getting one shot. If I continue spending everything on health I'll continue needing that health. Ability to block and ability to deal damage are the next priority. If enemies die sooner then you get hit less. Flasks are plentiful so as long as I'm not getting one shot 40 vigor is loads. Maybe in new game + I'll go to 60.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i'm clearing the Lake of Rot, and i alt tabbed on the second bonfire whatever because i had to piss, and when i came back i had a Golden Seed.

Apparently, there's an Ulcerated boss down there that managed to get himself killed without me even doing anything lmao.

Big bosses are janky as shit in this game.

Caim

Arcane
So i'm clearing the Lake of Rot, and i alt tabbed on the second bonfire whatever because i had to piss, and when i came back i had a Golden Seed.

Apparently, there's an Ulcerated boss down there that managed to get himself killed without me even doing anything lmao.

Big bosses are janky as shit in this game.
Yeah, the blood fall in the area right after the Lake has a boss there as a trap for the items you find there. Dick move since you likely won't escape getting some scarlet rot on you.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
This seems relevant.

279870005_10159125292782705_1960681266366781785_n.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
OMG this boss pisses me off so much so i decided to give him a taste of his own medicine:

How do you like your spazzy attacks, faggot. Double Slash up to your face.

I kept getting hit a few times though 'cause i didn't have enough stamina lmao.

Also interesting how sometimes he has no poise, and sometimes he has hyperarmor.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lol, like, lmao.

Three glint stone dragons all huddled togheter? And no room to fight any of them as they keep flying down the cliff?

I just rotted each one in turn then went to take a piss while their health was ticking away. Fuck this shit man, come on now.

OMG this boss pisses me off so much so i decided to give him a taste of his own medicine:

How do you like your spazzy attacks, faggot. Double Slash up to your face.

I kept getting hit a few times though 'cause i didn't have enough stamina lmao.

Also interesting how sometimes he has no poise, and sometimes he has hyperarmor.

The grab attack as counter is a complete bastard in that fight. Fucks you right up if you overcommit.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
You have no idea how much patience it took to wait for the right micro second to roll out of it lmao. Every time i saw that wind up i had to fight with my very being not to roll too soon.

Meanwhile, that whirlwind attack he does actually makes him easier than the regular versions of this boss because it gives you time to heal.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I like Demon's Souls so can I just talk about it here? I'm going to just talk about it here.

I beat the Tower Knight and went to Stonefang and got killed by the big spider. I like this game and now know all the Elden Ring lore due to the massive lore boost I got when I booted the game and saw the Maiden and black blob things that were in Nekron and the miner guys and the blacksmith and yeah they have just been remaking the same game the whole time but more. Good stuff. There seem to be more NPC's in the first 9 hours than the entire Elden Ring 2000 hour experience.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
So I'm level 82 and finally made my way back to Caelid. Feeling way over levelled for this area. But the boss! Starscourge Radahn. Such a bastard. I went back looking for the Crucible Knight that kept killing me last time and found the castle empty with him there instead. My giant health bar doesn't seem so giant now, especially because my summon is blocked for this fight! I got smacked down the first time. Second time I achieved a flow state and got him to maybe 5 hits away after a long fight then he disappeared and a huge explosion took me out. No idea what even happened. Had to pack it in for the night.

My damage seemed fine against normal enemies but I really need to improve it now. I was only doing like 5 mil chips off his health bar with the +12 morningstar I was using. He's way too aggressive for me to use my magic. My shield can block single shots from him but he combos. Without maximum flow state being achieved my guard gets broken, and I only get a flow state rarely. It's not something that can be forced. My summon is blocked. Being over levelled isn't cutting it. God damn it. I think I may actually need to get good to beat this one. Bullshit!

Edit: I'm a dumbass who forgot consumables. I used a rune arc and fucked him up easily.

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I was watching this video before, and i never knew if you summon Patches he just runs away lmao:

I missed the summons entirely. No wonder I felt underpowered in that fight. I beat him by moving forwards diagonally with my shield up, then hitting him in the back. Having a ton of flasks and a big health bar helped.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
If anyone else uses the map on the Fextralife wiki I found a script to make it larger and more usable. I just grabbed it from a reddit thread. What you do is you make a new bookmark with the following text for the url:

javascript:(function(){$('#sidebar-wrapper').hide(); $('.navbar').removeClass('visible-lg'); $('.navbar').hide(); $('#wrapper').css('padding-left', '0'); $('.fex-main').css('max-width', '100%'); $('#ximap0').attr('style', 'height: 925px');})()

Then you go to the wiki map and click that bookmark while you are on the page. It changes the map to be bigger.

You can change the height value to whatever suits you but it doesn't really matter if it's too big because you can scroll to zoom the map. This essentially lets you fullscreen the map, making it much, much easier to use. Fextralife offers this feature, but you have to give them money through paypal for it. They don't want much and probably deserve remuneration for making such a useful tool, but I couldn't be bothered making a paypal account and maybe you can't either.

Edit: The sad face is a : ( without the space. I can't figure out how to stop that changing to an emote.

Vibalist

Arcane
I was watching this video before, and i never knew if you summon Patches he just runs away lmao:

I missed the summons entirely. No wonder I felt underpowered in that fight. I beat him by moving forwards diagonally with my shield up, then hitting him in the back. Having a ton of flasks and a big health bar helped.

In spite of your self proclaimed status as an Elden Ring noob, you're probably one of the best Elden Ring players in this entire thread on account of having beat that bastard on your own.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'm not a huge fan of the fact that even after 40 hours I still can't buy smithing stones. I decided to play blindly so I discovered lots of interesting shit, moving straight from easy areas to what turned out to be a lot more difficult areas. So my Uchi was stuck at +8 because there was no way for me to gather smithing stones +3 (while I found plenty of the more powerful ones). When I finally found the missing stones the weapon progressed a few levels immiediately and the difficulty level visibly went down a notch. (I always play a purely physical build first in From games.)

The outcome of the Rennala fight is kind of a letdown. One lore tidbit, the respec ability and that's it?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The outcome of the Rennala fight is kind of a letdown. One lore tidbit, the respec ability and that's it?
For most people (I'd say almost everyone on a first playthrough), she will be the second shardbearer, which means that she indirectly gives the third talisman pouch and unlocks the final part of the game.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Oh, OK. I did get this lore bit at the Round Table, that I'm apparently now worthy of something, but I thought that was the bit that could be avoided by going through some cave.

I did my best to get to Radahn, but I decided to cop out from the double-boss fight, I can't even fight a single Crucible Knight yet ;-)

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I did my best to get to Radahn, but I decided to cop out from the double-boss fight, I can't even fight a single Crucible Knight yet ;-)
Using any greatshield or a medium shield with the Barricade ash of war in first half of the fight makes that duo much easier, because 99% of the misbegotten's attacks will bounce off your shield, giving you a chance to use a guard counter. Even with a "small" weapon like a katana, he should get staggered every three guard counters (if he doesn't, just jump attack him once), so you should be able to finish him before the other guy gets to you.

But if you really hate the fight, it's not mandatory to get to Radahn. I don't know how much you want spoiled, so I'll stop here.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

In spite of your self proclaimed status as an Elden Ring noob, you're probably one of the best Elden Ring players in this entire thread on account of having beat that bastard on your own.

I wish i could have fought him before the nerf.

My e-peen status remains unconfirmed. :(

There's always Melenia, assuming i ever get to her. Now fiishing up this hidden area in Liurnia, then i still have Dragonbarrow and then i can FINALLY get to the Capital.

This has to be one of the longest games ever made by anyone. Fuck me.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom