Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGWatch was going to shut down - taken over by Taluntain instead!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
RPG WATCH DUDE said:
I was with the Codex and NMA for some time, but these places are toxic and alter your state of mind in a very, very disturbing way. That is why this place is so great: We have Mercy and Alrik Fassbauer in the same thread and noone disrespects one or the other. This can't happen on the Codex or NMA at any given time. So sad.

I'd like to thank everyone involved and especially Myrthos for creating something so worthy of praise. Seems that our watch has finally ended…
Did codex alter more or was I always disturbed?

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
The discussion on Fallout had spurred some thought, namely Vault City.

* Create a few new forums for folks joining after July: "Welcome to the 'Dex!" forum, the "RPGs and other games", and "Politics and other junk" - that is, they are plebeian outsiders
* All three are heavily moderated and pre-populated with the typical garbage: "Post an introduction!", "What is an RPG?", and "I think something is going on in Ukraine!"
* Folks who provide their pronouns, get on peoples case for their opinions, talk about women's issues in a non-sarcastic manner, or have actually scored with a real live "lady": they stay outside Vault City (ie: regular forums)

Effectively, these groups are all a front served to filter folks. Those who don't make it past these groups stick around to generate ad revenue and provide cover for the Codex as a safe space. They can carry on with their own lives. There is no member who can travel between the groups but admins. Once a person demonstrates desired qualities, well, they get dropped into population, but if they don't - well, they still contribute.

All I am saying is, good opinions, bad opinions - it doesn't matter - there is a buck to be made.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah, to me Fallout has always been a mockery of American consumerism and faked/forced optimism. It was clear from the moment I started reading the manual.
I also make mockeries of people by having them create advanced mobile mechanized armor

Fallout is an alternate reality where the 1960's culture wars following the death of President Kennedy never happened ... over the next 40 years American developed technology we can only dream about, advanced beyond imagination in every facet of their lives and ultimately faced the communist threat on their feet at their finest hour and went down fighting like heroes ...

... unlike the modern era, where America faced the communist threat in high heels and push-up bras and klownworld utterly capitulated to their 2020 coup with total submission, making the previous 200 years into a big joke with Chairman Xi lighting his cigar on a flaming fart from an Amerikwan tranny's asshole and congratulating himself on his ability to conquer a nation without firing a shot.

We have no need of nuclear war when all that is left of Amerikwa looks like San Francisco and Seattle, the Chinese would be doing us a huge personal favor to nuke us.
As far as I understand, they fought for resources and it just so happened that their strongest opposition was red. It wasn't an ideological war.

Humanity destroyed itself by not being able to preempt the shortage of resources and cooperate. Sounds like the humanity I know, alright.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
let it crash and burn. I've never looked back since leaving the Watch.

Still reasonable decision of theirs to close the site down. Their admin has discovered some new and fascinating vistas of life (drug addiction, prostituting himself and cutting off his dick), which naturally doesn't go well with playing RPG's before you go to bed.

PanDupa

Educated
The only pronouns I use is when I type out a sentence (or try as my writing gets worse and worse). This labeling shit, like Planescape Lawful Neutral (Evil tendencies), is what the woke shit reminds me of.

And I thought the alphabet fag soup letters was stupid, this shit gets worse. And i keep hearing about agendas breaking the glass ceiling.... skylights suck.
translignment.jpg

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
So wait, how does this impact whoever is writing our 17th review of Pillars of Eternity?

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Unlike other platforms which claim to allow free speech, but then censor or ban you for having an opinion, we at the RPG Codex(Tm) do not ostracize people for having a different opinion.

The fact that you are wrong does not mean you aren't entitled to be wrong.

Not so sure about this anymore.... I was banned from posting for over a year just because I called out some woke and overly political RPG devs. I don't like woke or politics in my RPGs. And no ugly chicks please. :) That's pretty much all we get now and the games turn out so bad because of it. Just like all the bad woke movies. So I think the Codex isn't much behind RPGWatch really. You know what they say, get woke, go broke.

For me, it's not really fun here anymore because I feel like I'm walking on egg shells now. I'm actually confused about what I can post here because I will just get banned again if I cross some imaginary line or talk against some woke shit in RPGs that the mods may be shilling for. I'm sure others feel like that too. That is really bad for free speech and will just encourage more and more mediocrity and censorship until all there is left is a woke echo chamber that will end up just becoming irrelevant like RPGWatch. Oh well.

:negative:
What was the post or posts that got you turned into a postergeist? I mean you weren't fully banned since you could still rate posts.

LOL, sorry, Infinitron actually conveniently deleted all those, as well as the other members posts that were included in the conversations. I was actually only agreeing and expounding on what some others were saying. But yeah all "washed clean" Mega censorship, and cover the tracks type of shit.

Someone said to me that Infi likes to keep all RPG threads "clean", which I think is utter BS because there are multiple games on here that I like where I actually see Infinitron allow trolls to come in and shit post on day one, and even Infitron will step in to shit post on the devs. The only RPG threads I think he likes to keep "clean" are the woke ones where the devs are so far left leaning in their politics that he feels like he can rally behind them to help push his political views on others. Some people just think anyone without their woke type of view should be killed or censored. This is why RPGWatch failed and why all other woke things will fall too in the end. Get woke, go broke!

Like I said, I have lost my ability not to fully express myself for fear of censorship. You can ask me questions all you want, but I can't really answer you anymore or call out woke devs for fear of getting banned again. I'm sure this place and our games would be a much better if we had some actual free speech to express ourselves. Is it really that bad to say I want chicks again in my games with actual women parts or that I don't want pronouns or other woke ass shit in my character creation screens? Someone has to speak up because that is where everything is going if you don't. I know there are 1000's of others like me that play RPGs and would agree but I would bet most of them these day get silently "shadow banned" like I was, and then just say f*ck its not worth it.

This whole experience has made me realize that my time has probably come and gone. I need to accept it. I lived through the best era of RPG's in the 80's and early 90's. I'm a 50 year old man in a 20-30 year old world now. Everyone these days just seems to attack the things and games I'm really interested in and anytime I speak up to talk about them all the cucks just jump in because it's not what their betas friends are into. Everyone is just a beta follower these days and doesn't think for themselves. There are still a few old school holdouts left here that I've been reading for years, which is probably the only reason I come back at all.

:dead:

Late Bloomer

Scholar
LOL, sorry, Infinitron actually conveniently deleted all those, as well as the other members posts that were included in the conversations. I was actually only agreeing and expounding on what some others were saying. But yeah all "washed clean" Mega censorship, and cover the tracks type of shit.

Someone said to me that Infi likes to keep all RPG threads "clean", which I think is utter BS because there are multiple games on here that I like where I actually see Infinitron allow trolls to come in and shit post on day one, and even Infitron will step in to shit post on the devs. The only RPG threads I think he likes to keep "clean" are the woke ones where the devs are so far left leaning in their politics that he feels like he can rally behind them to help push his political views on others. Some people just think anyone without their woke type of view should be killed or censored. This is why RPGWatch failed and why all other woke things will fall too in the end. Get woke, go broke!

Like I said, I have lost my ability not to fully express myself for fear of censorship. You can ask me questions all you want, but I can't really answer you anymore or call out woke devs for fear of getting banned again. I'm sure this place and our games would be a much better if we had some actual free speech to express ourselves. Is it really that bad to say I want chicks again in my games with actual women parts or that I don't want pronouns or other woke ass shit in my character creation screens? Someone has to speak up because that is where everything is going if you don't. I know there are 1000's of others like me that play RPGs and would agree but I would bet most of them these day get silently "shadow banned" like I was, and then just say f*ck its not worth it.

This whole experience has made me realize that my time has probably come and gone. I need to accept it. I lived through the best era of RPG's in the 80's and early 90's. I'm a 50 year old man in a 20-30 year old world now. Everyone these days just seems to attack the things and games I'm really interested in and anytime I speak up to talk about them all the cucks just jump in because it's not what their betas friends are into. Everyone is just a beta follower these days and doesn't think for themselves. There are still a few old school holdouts left here that I've been reading for years, which is probably the only reason I come back at all.

Dude, your heart seems in the right place but you just sound fucking nuts man. You sound uneasy, unstable and conspiratorial. We are all getting older. But its no excuse to let that be a deciding factor in your happiness. Chill out. There are plenty of old games to play. Plenty of games with girls that are feminine and not feminist, that are sexy/cute or whatever floats your boat. Games free of censorship. Maybe even some new ones made by some devs with their wits still about them or crazy enough to go against the current status quo. Some of them even post here. Don't worry so much about Infinitron or mods or the direction games are going. Yeah its fun to talk shit, crack a joke or two at the state of things. But dont let it dictate who you are. Relax.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom