Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Just picked up KOTOR 1&2; recommendations?

Farewell young Prince into the night

DalekFlay:

Some of the amateur voice acting that was added in the restored content mod is god-awful.

I remember noting this after arriving on a certain planet and hearing a clear discrepancy in dialogue quality. It's hard to ignore, but sparse. I suppose a little ear-rape is a worthy price to pay in order to avoid playing the castrated KOTOR II version (thanks executives!).

DalekFlay:

Some of the amateur voice acting that was added in the restored content mod is god-awful.

I remember noting this after arriving on a certain planet and hearing a clear discrepancy in dialogue quality. It's hard to ignore, but sparse. I suppose a little ear-rape is a worthy price to pay in order to avoid playing the castrated KOTOR II version (thanks executives!).
Yes that Dantooine quest was awful, I'm sure there is a submod somewhere that reverts/removes that part for future play throughs but I don't remember the link.

Edit: For anybody that cares its an option in this mod:
https://deadlystream.com/files/file/296-unofficial-tslrcm-tweak-pack/

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
About to do my first playthrough of KotOR 2 since it came out (roughly). I assume I should use the restored content mod? Is there any downside?
There are downsides, foremost among which is being attacked by those HK assassins constantly. It's worth it overall IMO. I would also install this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/1060
HK bots really aren't a problem. Just avoid the Droid planet and you should be good.

Endemic

Arcane
IIRC Kaevee just has a handful of lines that you can quickly skip. I guess the TSLCRM guys wanted to add an explanation for where the sudden Laigrek infestation came from.

I'd prefer if they'd integrated Lonna Vash on Korriban instead, since there were some unused lines recorded from Vanessa Marshall.

Sikon's mod restored a short section with her alive:

As for the HKs, fighting with HK-47 in your active party does the trick. You only need to do that 3 times before this happens:

eXalted

Arcane
As for the HKs, fighting with HK-47 in your active party does the trick. You only need to do that 3 times before this happens:

I remember how unbalanced this level was. But it blends so well with all other annoying single-character sections in KotOR 2.

Xeon

Augur
Most of the game was easy but I really hated Nar Shaddaa, that was where the game became hard for me iirc. I don't remember why tho.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Most of the game was easy but I really hated Nar Shaddaa, that was where the game became hard for me iirc. I don't remember why tho.

Might depend on what you do first. I did Dantooine first because I thought it was more likely I'd fine a lightsaber there.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Just got to the end (?) of Nar Shaddaa with the escape to the ship and whatnot and yeah, the game is suddenly out of nowhere pretty hard. Googled it and it ends up that's mostly restored content, so lol. Anyway it's taking all my med packs and shields to get through it.

Arrowgrab

Arbiter
Shamelessly necroing this to ask: what's the best KotOR II content restoration mod today, in 2022?

Also, any other must-use mods that affect gameplay? Don't care about visuals.

Just do TSLRCM without the droid planet fix, if you have the steam version it should be the first thing on workshop.

Seconded. M4-78 just adds a lot of bullshit padding. Some content is cut for a reason.

Planet was cut early in the development and most of the content already created was moved to other planets, that's why it;s better to leave it cut.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom