Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Rats - first impressions and general feedback

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I'm gonna start playing again any gameplay and mod suggestions? Is 2 men party with spears viable, I'm thinking one with shield one with long 2-handed one.
I think a 2 man party is the worst of all worlds. You don't get the stat benefits of going full solo, while also not getting the full benefits of a big party. I think a 3 man team would be pretty good; as it is when I played a 4-man party, near the end there were times I was playing with basically a 3 man party due to Heroditus being useless in a fight.
It's done!

Do it now Ironman-style and tell us how it goes. :troll:

Seriously, it's another game, when you not allowed to do mistakes.
I'm not sure somebody did IM solo after patches.
Yeah I can't see myself attempting this. With the nerf on spears and all the tactics against the mechs being taken out I don't see how it would be possible. Or like Emperor fight where even with optimal positioning you still have to pray for dodge rolls because everyone in that fight has ranged attacks. (I also think skill point gain was nerfed at some point, since looking at the one successful solo iron man psycho run on youtube the guy has 10 in spear, 10 dodge, 10 crit, 10 alchemy, 10 crafting at the end of the Emperor fight, but I was unable to get 10 in dagger or 10 in crafting or Critical Strike even at the end of the game, and I did all the optional fights.)

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Bleh... 7 Str 10 Dex 7 Con 10 Int spearman blocker stuck in fight with first bomber-fucking-man. 45 hp is often a crit, and even if not, they succesfully chip away hp. 4 craft, 4 alchemy, 8 block 7 spear, 1 point short from 9 block.

Technomancer

Liturgist
AFAIK crafting only affects material harvested from recycled items. Hoarding them all until I got 10 was a dumb idea, you need to built shit if you want to survive.

razvedchiki

Erudite
are there any worthwile perception/int checks? i remember some ealry game with 8 per and a fireplace for 8 int(?) but dont know if there any more mid-late game.
also dagger was really strong in AOD, is it the same here?

Last edited:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
when playing with a party against the plants I gave person with highest dodge a shield with best +defense against ranged attacks and had them act as a target while roxanne used crossbow. also remember that you can prebuff yourself with antidote to avoid the poison damage

also dagger was really strong in AOD, is it the same here?
dagger is what I used when doing solo psycho (edit: had ironman written here earlier that was a mistake, HAVE NOT BEATEN IRONMAN). it is very good, especially when combined with high level alchemy. you have to have a good amount of points in critical strike though.

Last edited:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
werent some plants outside the emperors camps? im down to one kassava root and i need it for the regen potion.
those were removed in a patch :hahano: i ran into same problem when i played with a party. there were no cassava roots even after taking out the emperor, although you get pretty much every other alchemy ingredient in the emperors chambers and above

Parabalus

Arcane
near the end there were times I was playing with basically a 3 man party due to Heroditus being useless in a fight.

You can just have him until Craft 10 then drop him for someone useful, like Yngvar or the CHA10 guy.

Makes the midgame harder, but the end easier.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom