Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong - narrative RPG from The Council devs - now on Steam

Absinthe

Arcane
So, what are the odds this is just going to be an Adventure game with RPG pretensions and bad gameplay challenges?

Nm6k

Scholar
So, what are the odds this is just going to be an Adventure game with RPG pretensions and bad gameplay challenges?

Have you played The Council? I would expect a adventure game with a mix of chose you own adventure and rpg mechanics along with really good puzzles. Also not so great character models.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane

Have you played The Council? I would expect a adventure game with a mix of chose you own adventure and rpg mechanics along with really good puzzles. Also not so great character models.
Yeah, the Council is one of the best games in this adventure-RPG-CYOA space and if Swansong improves on it, chances are it will be great too. Let's hope they actually finish the game this time, as the Council last chapter was pure ass.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
I don't expect the writing to be impressive, since the text games have gone for generic emo goth shit when the appeal of BL was that it embraced camp, cheese, and gonzo. If I wanted emo goth shit, then I’d play one of those vampire romance games. I actually tried one of those out of desperation and it didn’t appeal to me at all.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Emem has a reputation, her clubs are a safe ground for any and all vampires. But exposure to different beliefs makes you wonder if you've made the right choices, especially as the Camarilla's rules clamp down on you.

Learn more about the lustrous Emem in her character spotlight. Emem is one of the 3 playable characters in Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong, a narrative RPG where your choices define the fate of Boston coming to Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Epic Games Store on May 19th.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Missed this last week:

Summary- "Niqqas be needin' to get dey (blood) drink on!"
Let me translate this trailer to English:
"Blackety blackety blackety black!" said the soy infused manlet Developer 1.
"Yes, and tranny hamplanet gay gay also" agreed middle aged catlady known as Developer 2.
"All true, but we are excited too about our best feature. No white males anywhere! No white males anywhere! No white males anywhere!" exclaimed non-binary ambiguously unidentifiable sexless blob known as Developer 3.
Coming to a Pozzed location near you in 2022, stay tuned neckbeards!

nintendo-switch.gif

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
There is African and Afro-Caribbean vampire folklore. Soucriant, Obayifo, Asanbonsam, Adze… you could make a game about that.

“Black Voodooist Vampires of New Orleans” sounds like it might be an interesting premise. Voodoo has this unfairly negative reputation in pop culture as evil magic when it’s just a religion.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Make your choice in the Interactive Escape sequence!

With the police closing in, guide Galeb through this challenging situation, making use of his powers and, for better or worse, changing the balance of power in the city.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Yes, when I’m playing a game about literal man-eating monsters, the first thing I want is to be lectured about the plight of minorities. Really?

Yes, I know The Black Vampyre was published in 1819 and had vampires supporting abolition. It makes as much sense in any time period.

randir14

Augur
The cutscenes are so retarded. Look how he kills the female cop without hesitation, but then gently lowers her body to the floor as if he feels sorry for doing it. Lmfao

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
is there ever any explanation as to how they knew about you two btw?

I'm replaying it right now. Pretty sure there isn't. Everything about your life up to getting turned seems to be a complete mystery. Maybe they had a rule about never mentioning it because you can choose any vampire clan so they'd need different stories for each potential sire?

Semiurge

Cipher

Make your choice in the Interactive Escape sequence!

With the police closing in, guide Galeb through this challenging situation, making use of his powers and, for better or worse, changing the balance of power in the city.

The feeding is 100% bloodless. Is it possible that this was done just for the trailers?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom