Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Corpse Crew Alpha Version 0.4A (Want your input)

xuerebx

Erudite
Why would anyone go through typing essays of game development just to troll a forum? If that's his idea of 'fun' then boy must he lead a boring life. What I mean is...way too much effort put in for someone to be trolling.

Anyway, Cleve, we must see some screenshots before July ;) Screenshots of game design (coding, texturing etc) should be at least sufficient.

wrathofdog

Scholar
DefJam101 said:
It's not a cruel jest. This thread was pretty cool until people started digging for screenshots and other shit that no sane man should expect to find in this thread.

Yes, ok, the first post was pretty good.

denizsi

Arcane
In fact, I would bet all my chips that he will keep stalling you all and eventually come up with an elaborate excuse to cancel the whole thing.

Fail. He'll forever keep saying that he'sworking on it. Welcome to Grimoire 2.

covr

Prophet
Patron
xuerebx said:
Why would anyone go through typing essays of game development just to troll a forum?

It's RPGCodex, babe, I've seen much idiotic things here.

Anyone who actually believes that Grimoire/CC is under development must be a complete moron.

Rhett Butler

Scholar
an epic herculean troll.

That's Cleve though, the guy's a fucking legend. AFAIK he's been at it for decades and has honed his skills to a level beyond what normal trolls believe possible. He trolls the way mortals like us dream of trolling, he fucking lives that shit.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Will you guys please stop trolling this topic? Just leave it to those who want to discuss how a potential zombie game can be made.

Oarfish

Prophet
Wyrmlord said:
Will you guys please stop trolling this topic? Just leave it to those who want to discuss how a potential zombie game can be made.

Game development LARPing?

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Oarfish said:
Game development LARPing?

Actually, why not? I'll admit that it was an interesting read. As long as nobody really gets their hopes up then there's no harm in it.

Knightrider

Scholar
http://vault-co.blogspot.com/

Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
Just too pressed for time.

The planet is freezing to death, crop failures are imminent, the world economy looks like a used condom and nuclear weapons are proliferating like gummy bears everywhere you look. There's a three way hybrid virus that just appeared, Obama is playing hard-to-get with Israel and Russia is being herded into WW3 by missile defense whether it wants to fight or not.

Knightrider said:
Truth to be told, this is a very dedicated troll, but he can't be *that* dedicated. Contrary to what some people claimed, putting together a fake scene/gui to take screenshots of a fake game takes considerable time and effort. And it requires assets. If this fake Cleve rips them off in "Limbo of the Lost" style, we will spot it. He will have to purchase them from some library. I don't think this impostor would go the distance.

Knightrider said:
In fact, I would bet all my chips that he will keep stalling you all and eventually come up with an elaborate excuse to cancel the whole thing. He will do that even if he manages to get some fake screenshots posted in this thread.

Knightrider said:
In fact, I would bet all my chips that he will keep stalling you all and eventually come up with an elaborate excuse to cancel the whole thing. He will do that even if he manages to get some fake screenshots posted in this thread.

It happened sooner than I thought. Give it up kids, Cleve created his elaborate excuse. The apocalypse is imminent and he can't work on the game because of that. Or so he says.

Now, who is ready to admit that I was right? is there really any reason to believe this is *NOT* a troll roleplaying an old and vanished internet personality that was known as Cleve Blakemore?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
HEY!

Got a kind of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thing going on now, been experimenting and modeling the hell out of stuff and importing into Unity3D.

Interior/Exterior sucked. It sucked bad. So I got rid of it. Turns out, I do fine without it. Most of my buildings have shattered glass windows you can see right out of. What I did was take my modeled building assets, hollow them out with 3D World Studio and give them interiors. Not too hard to do, either.

Terrain going. Using some texture maps that look like rubble piles to spruce things up.

Not quite as good as S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but not too shabby for a one-man product. Got the GUI going on with take-drop objects in inventory. Got one rifle and very few bullets. Some parts of the map currently could be confused with S.T.A.L.K.E.R., looks as good or better where I have been able to do proper materials for objects and surfaces.

Imported all the zombies I purchased last month and ragdolled them with toolkit. Have not kinetic-enabled their limbs for walking yet but meaning to do this soon. I imported a few survivor-paramilitary types into game just to see what they would look like. They look good. No real brains to speak of yet other than pathed patrols.

There are actually only 3 female and 3 male zombie models each around 800 triangles, but over 26 texture maps to give the impression of a huge zombie mob. Unity3D has zero problems putting a vast crowd of almost 100 onscreen even on an old video card like mine.

Not too shabby, though.

Screenshots or bust, soon.

P.S. If you could see some of my experiments you'd know why I was not ready to take any screenshots yet. I've been trying to slap it together in FPS Creator, export to DBO, import into Delgine3D and export to Collada DAE. The perspective, ratio and scaling of a single two story building just came out looking mega-sad in Unity3D. The ceilings were too low, the windows too big ... mega-sad looking. So I tried a completely different approach taking existing assets that looked quite good to me as exteriors and hollowing them out. This turned out to be an excellent, swift way to approach it as a pipeline and most of my buildings look pretty awesome now. Some of them have all their textures in a single 1024x1024 map and they look solid, respectable like they were done by a professional 3D game modeler.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Very very very good.

Keeping interiors as seperate levels is a bad idea always. I'd say this is a step in the right direction.

Wilhelm

Novice
The fake Cleve has decided to go the distance. This is the next generation of trolling people. It's not just wankering now, it's an art and a lifestyle.

Prepare yourself for much lulz.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom