Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Strongboxes give 6 sockets? That's the kind of stuff I don't notice when playing trade, if so then ye those are well spent points.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
How does one get easy 5l or 6l in SSF?
Anything with this
armour_icon.png
icon has a good chance at dropping a 5-link and an okay chance at dropping a 6-link.

Vaal Side Areas past lvl50 also have a chance at dropping a corrupted 6-link. So do corrupted Strongboxes.

The most reliable way of getting a 6-link in SSF is farming the cards for it. I recommend the Chains That Bind set which drops in Cage map.

Harvest has a high chance at giving you a 5-link craft. I wouldn't use actual Fusings on anything but your endgame unique chest and only once you upgraded it's quality to 28%.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Strongboxes give 6 sockets? That's the kind of stuff I don't notice when playing trade, if so then ye those are well spent points.

Rare strongboxes drop more items due to their mods, and the mod that gives dropped items +1 or +2 sockets is relatively common. Over a long period of time, and with 1 strongbox per map, it adds up. I have had multiple strongboxes that dropped me 4 6Ls at once (two corrupted six-links got mirrored). Later on you can use Ambush scarabs for more boxes. Of course Kirac last league had the Ambush option too, that helped a lot.

Harvest is also a good way to get 5Ls, but the mobs are tanky and it's probably going to be a bad time if you're on a 4L.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Rare strongboxes drop more items due to their mods, and the mod that gives dropped items +1 or +2 sockets is relatively common. Over a long period of time, and with 1 strongbox per map, it adds up.

Harvest is also a good way to get 5Ls, but the mobs are tanky and it's probably going to be a bad time if you're on a 4L.
I plan to utilize Harvest to craft an axe that I can take to red maps, but yea I need 5L to be able to clear them without dying even on lower level maps.
I am doing this character in Standard as I don't care about leagues anymore until PoE2. He is not true SSF but trading is even harder and more expensive in Standard (and on Xbox) and I rarely traded even when I was playing leagues (only thing I would buy is 6l corrupted armor and build enabling uniques).

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
How does one get easy 5l or 6l in SSF? :D
I am still using a 4l on t3 maps.. and I overleveled to farm for Tabula in Blood Aqueducts.
5L is usually not a big problem, but you will be on a 4L for white maps for a while. You usually need <100 fuses to make a 5L, which comes pretty quickly when you launder alts and jews into more fuses. I would also recommend running some vaal areas during leveling (or league content rewards), because putting fragments into your map device tends to be a fairly reliable source of fully linked items (although it's also likely they'll all be the wrong colors).

Harvest also has a really high chance to give 5L crafting options if you pick socket crafts.

You'll almost always find a 5L before yellow maps. 6L is a lot lot harder, and I have no good tips for that except grinding.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am still using a 4l on t3 maps.. and I overleveled to farm for Tabula in Blood Aqueducts.
5L is usually not a big problem, but you will be on a 4L for white maps for a while. You usually need <100 fuses to make a 5L, which comes pretty quickly when you launder alts and jews into more fuses. I would also recommend running some vaal areas during leveling (or league content rewards), because putting fragments into your map device tends to be a fairly reliable source of fully linked items (although it's also likely they'll all be the wrong colors).

Harvest also has a really high chance to give 5L crafting options if you pick socket crafts.

You'll almost always find a 5L before yellow maps. 6L is a lot lot harder, and I have no good tips for that except grinding.
I got a Tabula drop yesterday so I guess I am clear for a while now :D

Perkel

Arcane
From stream we also kind of get to know why melee got fucked in poe so hard.

Turns out that they are using some ancient tech for animation with 0 morphing. Which means that for them to create one combat animation they have to produce like 15 different animations for each rig. On other hand using default spell animation and creating another ranged "melee" cost them nothing from animation creation perspective.

POE2 will be changing that. Only one animation will fit all rigs they will produce.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Turns out that they are using some ancient tech for animation with 0 morphing.

Makes sense, the engine development never keeps pace with the content development.

I just hope if they improve things drastically in POE 2 that they then maintain the new engine and don't let it degenerate over time as they've done with the original.

Perkel

Arcane
He said that they are working non-stop to bring all old content into new graphics including all those shitty microtransations so no wonder it takes forever.

ADL

Prophet
Good luck to them with that. They've really backed themselves into a corner selling some of these cosmetics over the years. So many of them would need to be significantly modified to address clipping issues and bring them up to PoE2 standards. I can't believe that they have the audacity to sell some of these for $40+ when they're clipping with other pieces in the same set.

You'd think a $40 set of armor would warrant a second pass but nope. In the store/supporter packs they all go.

Gerrard

Arcane
Turns out that they are using some ancient tech for animation with 0 morphing.

Makes sense, the engine development never keeps pace with the content development.

I just hope if they improve things drastically in POE 2 that they then maintain the new engine and don't let it degenerate over time as they've done with the original.
They already MADE new animations for melee like 2 years back, that made some weapon types on some classes literally unplayavble if you don't have 8 attacks per second, because the animations are so dogshit the enemies walk out of your range before the hit actually lands.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Seems like excuse, they don't need animations to ruin distinct playstyle, you don't even want to be in melee range of new monster mods lol.

Perkel

Arcane
They already MADE new animations for melee like 2 years back, that made some weapon types on some classes literally unplayavble if you don't have 8 attacks per second, because the animations are so dogshit the enemies walk out of your range before the hit actually lands.

They didn't they reshuffled old animations added slow/faster part of attack and introduced canceling of attacks.

Thanks to that attacks are not even consistent anymore. Glacial hammer has like with staff first very huge delayed attack followed by very fast chip hit. Meanwhile 1h sceptre attacks is constant same attack. So when you play staff feels like ass as first attack takes forever while sceptre attack feels good because it is consistant and you can predict how much time it will take.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
For 24h Perkel could live his dream of multiple rares per zone being almost immune to a single element. How did it feel, Perkel? Was it as great as you thought it would be and more?

Perkel

Arcane
For 24h Perkel could live his dream of multiple rares per zone being almost immune to a single element. How did it feel, Perkel? Was it as great as you thought it would be and more?

I didn't play much archnemesis (3h or so) nor i played this league yet.

Didn't really like new mods pool. Monster mods should be single type based instead of combined. Monsters with such mod should be unique in sense that you can figure out what it does just by looking at it. The difficulty of it should be adjusted with difficulty of mods rather than combining mods.

Here is idea for "frostweaver" mod:

It is cold immune and has cold attacks then monster should have FX like frost ground being behind it, ice pillars being occasionally created around it that could block your attacks. When minion dies it becomes ice statue which then can be used by rare as AOE attack or maybe way to recover as rare would then create wall around himself and start to suck life from those ice statues. It drops mostly items with unique pool of mods centered around cold damage.

That kind of mod would start to show around ACT3 where you can build already resistances a bit.

Here is another.

Breaching.

Instead of normal minions it has breach blue minions around it when you find it and new white minions from breach are spawning constantly around it via small cracks in space that open up and close. Rare monster has additional mana bar and as it tries to open breach it looses that mana. If you kill it quickly you have increased change to get good amount of breach shards if you kill it later after it uses all its mana it has chance to open up breach. This monster mod will start to spawn around act 6. IT can drop breach items + it is good way to get some splinter and orbs.

---------------

Combined with above rare monsters should be "rare". Meaning there should be few on map instead of like 10-20 or every fucking screen. Moreover they could add mods according to creature type. So if it is snake like creature they could add mod called "venomspitter". If it is ape like those from act 2 then they could add "chieftain" mod which triples amount of aides its calling and can create formations out of them etc.

Then there is player interaction. So if you specialize in cold there should be a skill that takes away life from frozen creatures. This same skill used in frostwaver can be then used by player to counter rare regeneration via those statues. Two cold spells either reflect or combine. Someone specilized in breach having that ring which starts breach as a skill when fighting that breaching mod monster could open up breach right there and fight could be entirely different as breaching mod monster would be then "upgraded" and has its army of breach monsters around him now attacking you etc.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Farm divination cards that make 6Ls. The Tabula Rasa cards also drop in channel maps, waterways maps, and frozen cabin maps. There's also a corrupted Tabula Rasa divination card if you want to farm for that instead. If you want to take the slow and painful way, farm for orbs of fusing. You can exchange jeweler's orbs for fusing and alteration orbs for jeweler's orbs, so if you just pick up tons of rares and identify them you can eventually make a large number of fusings. The only real benefit here is that this method is very steady.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I got a bit of schadenfreude reading all the whining on the forums and reddit about the archnemesis mods. And than Chris coming in and saying they've fucked up in 3 different threads. I'm pretty sure the only reason they were introduced is because the league had literally no content in it so they had to pad it out with something.

Gerrard

Arcane
I got a bit of schadenfreude reading all the whining on the forums and reddit about the archnemesis mods. And than Chris coming in and saying they've fucked up in 3 different threads. I'm pretty sure the only reason they were introduced is because the league had literally no content in it so they had to pad it out with something.
Except the archnemesis mods are not league content.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm guessing this will be worst league yet for player retention, and no Elden Ring release as excuse this time.

Yep, quickest 180 I've seen from GGG. Three backtracks and direct interaction from Chris in one weekend.

Even Expedition didn't have this much rapid backtracking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom