Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Control - supernatural third person action-adventure from Remedy

Bigg Boss

Arcane
If you really want to get sober, get a good computer. Playing all the games you have missed out on will take all your time, leaving none for drinking :) And if you can handle a phone, you can work a PC nowadays. Graphic fiddling takes just a few minutes mostly.
I'm still jobless and am a broken man. The only upgrade I can afford right now is a refurbished ps4 pro. Which I'm looking forward to btw. Anything is better than this half dead turd I got. I can't even have 2 apps open at once or else it freezes up.
Stop listening to all these guys telling you a fucking computer is going to solve your addiction problems. I don't know what the answer to YOUR drinking problem is but simply buying a computer to play more games is not going to fix it, the people saying that never dealt with addiction and are a little autistic. Stick with your PS4 Pro and save your money.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, stick with the PS4 and keep buying shitty 60 dollar AAA games, instead of expanding your possibilities.

Ezekiel

Arcane
If you really want to get sober, get a good computer. Playing all the games you have missed out on will take all your time, leaving none for drinking :) And if you can handle a phone, you can work a PC nowadays. Graphic fiddling takes just a few minutes mostly.
I'm still jobless and am a broken man. The only upgrade I can afford right now is a refurbished ps4 pro. Which I'm looking forward to btw. Anything is better than this half dead turd I got. I can't even have 2 apps open at once or else it freezes up.
Stop listening to all these guys telling you a fucking computer is going to solve your addiction problems. I don't know what the answer to YOUR drinking problem is but simply buying a computer to play more games is not going to fix it, the people saying that never dealt with addiction and are a little autistic. Stick with your PS4 Pro and save your money.
He doesn't have a PS4 Pro. He wants to upgrade from a PS4 to a PS4 Pro. Throwing money down the drain. At least with a PC he can play those games at better settings later and won't always be stuck playing the shooters with a fucking controller. If I were him and didn't have the money for a PC, I'd just suffer through the rest of the game on the regular PS4.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
He doesn't have a PS4 Pro. He wants to upgrade from a PS4 to a PS4 Pro. Throwing money down the drain. At least with a PC he can play those games at better settings later and won't always be stuck playing the shooters with a fucking controller. If I were him and didn't have the money for a PC, I'd just suffer through the rest of the game on the regular PS4.

I just think this statement is so bad it should be pointed out one more time.
No please tell me more Alienman about your new drug recovery program. I am really interested to see the numbers. By chance do you think Baldur's Gate will cure his addiction or maybe something closer to Planescape Torment?

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane

I just think this statement is so bad it should be pointed out one more time.
No please tell me more Alienman about your new drug recovery program. I am really interested to see the numbers. By chance do you think Baldur's Gate will cure his addiction or maybe something closer to Planescape Torment?
computer gives you more opportunities for self improvement. With a PC he can finally learn to code.

Doktor Best

Arcane
1: Buy a PC
2: Swap alcohol addiction for gaming addiction
3: Play Ubisoft games to get rid of your gaming addiction due to sheer boredom
4: You've done it! You're on the path now. Get a job, get the ladies, get muscles out of steel, rebuild America!

SumDrunkGuy

Yeah, stick with the PS4 and keep buying shitty 60 dollar AAA games, instead of expanding your possibilities.

Lol the last AAA game I bought in a long time was Elden Ring. Most of my purchases are of the low to mid budget games because those are way more interesting to me. I've had Control for years, I just now finally got around to playing it. Control is one of the rare AAA games worth playing.

SumDrunkGuy

Not gonna lie...

that fake-out ending really got me. I almost threw my controller lol.

Brilliant troll.

SumDrunkGuy

Jesse even starts backtalking The Board and basically tells them she can do whatever she wants

This thing seriously shit the bed. It ruins the protagonist and breaks all of the rules set by the main story. Fucking retarded. This DLC is managing to make me angry. I'm very close to uninstalling.

Last edited by a moderator:

DY050503

Educated
For now I've tried twice to enjoy this game but the dialogs in this game are really stupid. First is the female NPC, smiling answer your every question, in the situations of lockdown, loss contact to the outside and enemy's everywhere. She's smiling and clean as a model. The second is that Janitor NPC, talks like a mystery badass. I wonder why he keeps his job so long. But as the new boss, the main character feels it just like totally normal attitude, no problems! And he is still working!

SumDrunkGuy

For now I've tried twice to enjoy this game but the dialogs in this game are really stupid. First is the female NPC, smiling answer your every question, in the situations of lockdown, loss contact to the outside and enemy's everywhere. She's smiling and clean as a model. The second is that Janitor NPC, talks like a mystery badass. I wonder why he keeps his job so long. But as the new boss, the main character feels it just like totally normal attitude, no problems! And he is still working!

You haven't played far enough in to understand any of it.

the Janitor doesn't actually work for The Bureau. He can come and go as he pleases. The Bureau has no control over him. Think of him kinda like Q from Star Trek. There is also an explanation for why the protagonist is the way she is. She has a similar being helping her

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Bizarre that a game of such graphical fidelity doesn't have HDR, years into that console generation. Really would have made those reds and darks more striking.

Speaking purely about the mechanics, there's a lot to like over the typical third person shooter. The running and gunning, the shoulder swap that is absent or limited in most of them now, the inhuman enemies requiring more than a single boring shot to the head (This is my second playthrough, revisited on better hardware, and I can't remember how bad the enemy buffs get.), the lack of forced cover (Simply moving behind walls and swapping shoulders is much better). Still bothered that you can't select all your different weapon styles on the fly with the number row, that you are limited to two, like in a standard console shooter. The only reason I can think of that they don't allow you to shoot while crouching is because they didn't wanna animate it. Super lame, that. Shoot, crouching, then shooting some more can be stylish as fuck. So is crouching under an enemy's bullets and then shooting back.

Still don't care about the abundant journals and stuff. Screw the story.

I don't remember walking in the first playthrough. Did I really not map it from / to Alt at the time?

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Crashes at startup when I use the mod with the required Control Plugin Loader...

Bizarre that a game of such graphical fidelity doesn't have HDR, years into that console generation. Really would have made those reds and darks more striking.
Control supports Auto HDR in Windows 11. It's a great feature.

Ezekiel did you revert to 10?

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Control supports Auto HDR in Windows 11. It's a great feature.

Ezekiel did you revert to 10?
Yes, reverted to 10 to fix my madVR issues, only to find out that AMD cards can't display madVR's HDR colors right anyway. Kodi's HDR does look right because it uses the Windows API instead of the GPU API. Never tried out Auto HDR to determine if it's good.

Edit: Downgrading was also an attempt to fix this my weird playback issues with AVC-encoded videos when using hardware decoding in MPC, VLC and other players. Still persists on 10 too. AMD is great.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
The (SDR) colors do look pretty good after turning the brightness way down. The default is terrible.

The weapon mod works after moving Control out of the GOG Galaxy folder or when launching it with the DX11 executable, which I guess means no achievements. I'm okay with that. Awesome mod. Not being able to use the number row was my biggest gripe the last time.

grimace

Arcane
I haven't played Quantum Break or Control yet.

Max Payne Re-Make releases before or after Alan Awake?

Ezekiel

Arcane
I haven't played Quantum Break or Control yet.

Max Payne Re-Make releases before or after Alan Awake?
Considering there is footage of Alan Wake 2 and none of Max Payne, clearly Alan Wake 2 will come first.

Control is more demanding than I expected on my new CPU and graphics card. Lowered the resolution first to 2560x1440 and hours later to 1920x1080. Can't find any way to remove the permanent dirt overlay. Seemingly no topics about it, like people have played games with that for so long now that they don't even think about it anymore.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I wonder if there is a line of text with a zero beside it I could add to the renderer.ini file to remove the terrible dry moisture overlay.

{
"objectType": "rend::UserRendererSettings",
"objectVersion": 16,
"m_iOutputResolutionX": 3840,
"m_iOutputResolutionY": 2160,
"m_iRenderResolutionX": 1920,
"m_iRenderResolutionY": 1080,
"m_iLastWindowSizeX": 2560,
"m_iLastWindowSizeY": 1440,
"m_eWindowMode": 2,
"m_eVSync": 1,
"m_bFilmGrain": false,
"m_eVolumeLightQuality": 2,
"m_eVolumetricSpotLightQuality": 2,
"m_eShadowResolutionQuality": 1,
"m_eShadowFilteringQuality": 1,
"m_eTextureResolution": 3,
"m_eTextureFilteringQuality": 2,
"m_eLodDetail": 2,
"m_eSSAOQuality": 1,
"m_eSSRQuality": 2,
"m_eEffectQuality": 1,
"m_eFoliageQuality": 1,
"m_eMotionBlur": 0,
"m_eGIQuality": 2,
"m_eMSAAQuality": 2,
"m_eRTReflectionQuality": 0,
"m_eRTTransparentQuality": 0,
"m_eRTIndirectDiffuseQuality": 0,
"m_eRTSpotContactShadowQuality": 0,
"m_eRTDebrisQuality": 0,
"m_eDLSSQuality": 0,
"m_eSDFQuality": 2
}

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom