Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So my MC build is now using Bismuth as a mount in order to exploit Spirited Charge

:positive:

Okay, enjoy.
Not my dream stallion, but at least you can Spirited Charge in wider spaces.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I would not get my hope up, but I wish they would do something for golden dragon in Enhanced Edition.
Even if the feature work, it would be at best a subpar legend. Right now, it's the worst mythic path by far, and you're actively gimping yourself by picking it.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I haven't played in a bit. A lot of things seem voiced that weren't when I last played. Like Finnean and even some random crusaders trying to kill Ember.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I would not get my hope up, but I wish they would do something for golden dragon in Enhanced Edition.
Even if the feature work, it would be at best a subpar legend. Right now, it's the worst mythic path by far, and you're actively gimping yourself by picking it.

It's the "fixing a bad build" Mythic.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Yeah, in a sense that you're probably end up contributing to something by having 24BAB,18 ST and three unrestricted feat.
But it's still rather useless considering that you already reached 80% of the mythic by the time you got to M9, and you're already way past the most challenging encounter.

It was clearly thought for pure caster who wanted to change their playstyle toward the end, given that the mythic cape give you +2 9level spell slot. Which make them forgetting to input the modified dice damage on spell even more infuriating.

Even so, it could clearly use some boost, like having the breath progress as standard/move/swift action for example, and maybe slap a bit of armor AC and a few more draconic feat on top of that. Anything to not feel like a shitty legend path.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah, in a sense that you're probably end up contributing to something by having 24BAB,18 ST and three unrestricted feat.
But it's still rather useless considering that you already reached 80% of the mythic by the time you got to M9, and you're already way past the most challenging encounter.

It was clearly thought for pure caster who wanted to change their playstyle toward the end, given that the mythic cape give you +2 9level spell slot. Which make them forgetting to input the modified dice damage on spell even more infuriating.

Even so, it could clearly use some boost, like having the breath progress as standard/move/swift action for example, and maybe slap a bit of armor AC and a few more draconic feat on top of that. Anything to not feel like a shitty legend path.

That’s pretty much what Dragonfirm has always been, so this is super-Dragonform, but mailed-in like most of the endgame stuff.

I really enjoyed Legend tho, so at least that one is pretty solid. Guess it didn’t take many resources.

Humbaba

Arcane
I haven't played in a bit. A lot of things seem voiced that weren't when I last played. Like Finnean and even some random crusaders trying to kill Ember.
Sometimes voice lines don't play, so it might be the case that last time things glitched out. Afaik those crusaders were always voiced, it would be an odd decision to specifically add voice acting to some random NPC's you only see once. Finnean only gets like 4 voiced lines total, unless of course some glitched out during one of my playthroughs. I do believe that in my first playthrough the voice lines didn't play when you first find him when they should and I remember thinking how lame it was that this character does not even get a voiced introduction.

Yosharian

Arcane
I mean it's two feats and a belt item slot, I think my build can spare it. That's the whole point, it's barely any investment for double damage and pounce right from act 2 onwards, and if the pet dies no big deal because the build isn't built around him

Also once I get faith bearer I doubt it will ever die because for some reason it gets double heal from the proc (80hp)

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
How do you get Pounce in Act 2?

It's possible to spend only 1 feat if using at least 1 Sohei (can pick bonus feats without prerequisites).

Yosharian

Arcane

It's possible to spend only 1 feat if using at least 1 Sohei (can pick bonus feats without prerequisites).
Oh wait maybe I made a mistake. I thought you got to use a full attack while charging if you are mounted - saw it happen in testing. But now that I think about it, I was probably under the effect of Inspired Rage at the time.

I was very tempted to go with Sohei but the stupid level 1 mount and the fact that I would lose around 13 AC put me off

Seari

Arcane
Patron
So I was going to try out this mod to make Radiance a Greatsword. But the modder decided to add Outsider Bane to Radiance for some stupid reason. I asked the modder on Nexusmods forums why they added it, because it trivializes the early game and they just deleted my comment :lol:

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Well if anyone wants to use the mod without the overpowered Outsider Bane property, just open up the Blueprints folder and open the Radiance that they'll use with a notepad and delete the following line:

nZtiOJm.png

This removes the Outsider Bane property and transforms the Radiance into a Greatsword without any other modifications.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Oh wait maybe I made a mistake. I thought you got to use a full attack while charging if you are mounted - saw it happen in testing. But now that I think about it, I was probably under the effect of Inspired Rage at the time.

Well, while you can't full attack on charge without Pounce, you can full attack after movement when mounted. Which is also a huge boon for melee characters.

Yosharian

Arcane

Well, while you can't full attack on charge without Pounce, you can full attack after movement when mounted. Which is also a huge boon for melee characters.
Ohh I see, that's probably what it was. Wow yeah that is... quite the advantage.

Yosharian

Arcane
Honestly Radiance is kinda ass anyway. It doesn't even work properly, not that the Spell Resistance would be interesting from an optimization POV anyway because it's worthless, but it doesn't even grant that, it grants Spell Penetration.

Which actually makes it very optimal for a single martial supporting a band of offensive casters, strangely

So I guess it's not ass in the right circumstances, but there are much better weapons for a martial

Desiderius

Patron

TTT fixes that, although you can get it back by spending a feat.

Desiderius

Patron
Honestly Radiance is kinda ass anyway. It doesn't even work properly, not that the Spell Resistance would be interesting from an optimization POV anyway because it's worthless, but it doesn't even grant that, it grants Spell Penetration.

Which actually makes it very optimal for a single martial supporting a band of offensive casters, strangely

So I guess it's not ass in the right circumstances, but there are much better weapons for a martial

The Spell Resist wouldn't be worthless if calibrated properly/SR stacking were fixed. The Area Dispel can be solid. And +6 Holy isn't the worst thing you can do. It's probably better than Balanced Defender since Shield Mastery boosts Bashes so much anyway?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom