Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm guessing this will be worst league yet for player retention, and no Elden Ring release as excuse this time.

Yep, quickest 180 I've seen from GGG. Three backtracks and direct interaction from Chris in one weekend.

Even Expedition didn't have this much rapid backtracking.
Is it finally time for incursion to get its revenge?

(I am a bit upset the playerbase disliked it so much, imo it was the best league they ever made)

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm guessing this will be worst league yet for player retention, and no Elden Ring release as excuse this time.

Yep, quickest 180 I've seen from GGG. Three backtracks and direct interaction from Chris in one weekend.

(I am a bit upset the playerbase disliked it so much, imo it was the best league they ever made)

I seem to remember player reaction to Incursion was quite positive, though the league itself had quite bad long term retention.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

I seem to remember player reaction to Incursion was quite positive, though the league itself had quite bad long term retention.
Yeah I guess, but GGG cares more about retention than reaction I think.

Gerrard

Arcane
GGG doesn't actually care about retention over a league's lifespan at all, they only care about how many people are at launch because the more there are the more sold packs and MTXes.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I didn't even bother playing this league or follow any streamers or drama. But I am not surprised to learn they fucked up mechanics of another league lol
But not changing skills and gems is good news for my standard character. I don't think I am ever going back to playing separate leagues.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
But I am not surprised to learn they fucked up mechanics of another league lol
It's not the league mechanics that are fucked up, it's the new monster mods.

And I'm pretty sure they got applied to standard at the same time.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
My guess is that GGG initially predicted getting like a 30-50% hike in player deaths across all zones and player levels with this new mod system. Then league launched and they got something like a 500% hike lmao. Even if nobody from the community had said anything, GGG would have most likely tuned it back down. I just wanna know what kind of Alpha testers thought that 3-4 mod rares were fine, especially as a Ghosted Essence Bestiary mob. Speaking of Ghosts, the Sentinel League is actually what I always wanted from Torment: being able to control when I release it. I hope Torment gets removed next league and we get Sentinel instead in some form. It's pretty cool. It's just too bad it had to release in a league where the difficulty is already spiked up, so people are discouraged from using it.

sentinel_build_w1.png

I'm currently using this setup to maximize the amount of juice I get from the red one and the amount of Power Cores I find. I'm pretty sure you need the Power Cores to craft the last 3 tiers of Sentinels, as the highest I was able to find naturally in t16s was the Obsidian tier. No luck so far though. I've started hiding all other tiers below Obsidian for now, as those are all weaker and I have more than enough Sentinels as it is.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
. I just wanna know what kind of Alpha testers thought that 3-4 mod rares were fine, especially as a Ghosted Essence Bestiary mob.
From some comments from chris, I think the poe testers just test that the game works as the developers intended (ie, yup chaos weaver gives +50 chaos res, test complete) and not "is this a reasonable challenge"?

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
So typical "we have another definition of what this word means" while admitting it's true, good of him to finally admit it what we already knew I guess.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Chris most likely is just shielding his team from the anger of the community by stepping in front. I can totally see the QA just slacking off and testing only a handful of the mods in a handful of situations and calling it a day.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Chris most likely is just shielding his team from the anger of the community by stepping in front. I can totally see the QA just slacking off and testing only a handful of the mods in a handful of situations and calling it a day.
Shielding his team by throwing a different part of the team under the bus?
You might be right of course, but I'm inclined to believe him. GGG playetesters having a very limited mandate feels like it explains a lot about the GGGs pervasive quality issues.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Shielding his team by throwing a different part of the team under the bus?
You might be right of course, but I'm inclined to believe him. GGG playetesters having a very limited mandate feels like it explains a lot about the GGGs pervasive quality issues.
He didn't say that anyone on the team made a mistake, he basically implied that his testers were fine with the difficulty. Which I can believe tbh, because in the Alpha testing environment you're not trying to push for a sub 4h campaign. I mean these people thought that Hardmode is fun, I can see them actually liking the 4mod rares raping their ass.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, I went to reddit and read the drama a bit. I guess this is most hardcore unfriendly league lol. I need to find compilations of HC streamers dying.

ArchAngel

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom