Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Hire WRF Studios. He already made three vampire dungeon crawlers. The code could be recycled for crpgs

0wca

Learned
For those (myself included) that have lost hope about the bloodlines 2
and hope that it's cancelled instead of whatever woke infested game they plan to release

here is a quite good fan remake of the original bloodlines as an 2d adventure game
https://emontero.itch.io/bloodlust-santa-monica

and here is the same game under development but as 2d turn based rpg
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=70899.0
Last I heard, the rpg has been canceled by the author in order to refocus on the adventure version.

Also, I don’t want to play a ripoff/remake/whatever of Bloodlines. I already own that game. Make new games with original plots and IPs. Please.

As much as I agree about the oversaturation of remakes, Bloodlines still deserves to be updated to the latest source engine or similar.

If there was proper mod support for it, the fans could expand on the original a lot. Clan Quest Mod is pretty much an unofficial expansion imo.

It's the best we can hope for atm.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
and hope that it's cancelled instead of whatever woke infested game they plan to release

here is a quite good fan remake of the original bloodlines as an 2d adventure game

Last I heard, the rpg has been canceled by the author in order to refocus on the adventure version.

Also, I don’t want to play a ripoff/remake/whatever of Bloodlines. I already own that game. Make new games with original plots and IPs. Please.

As much as I agree about the oversaturation of remakes, Bloodlines still deserves to be updated to the latest source engine or similar.

If there was proper mod support for it, the fans could expand on the original a lot. Clan Quest Mod is pretty much an unofficial expansion imo.

No it’s not. There’s a snowball’s chance in hell of Paradox doing that. Stop living in the past and make new games with original IPs. I’m doing my part in that. While it’s hard and requires work and time (especially since I’m doing it in my spare time), it’s infinitely more rewarding than doing nothing.

0wca

Learned

No it’s not. There’s a snowball’s chance in hell of Paradox doing that. Stop living in the past and make new games with original IPs. I’m doing my part in that. While it’s hard and requires work and time (especially since I’m doing it in my spare time), it’s infinitely more rewarding than doing nothing.

I'm doing the same thing.

I was just pointing out that if the developers aren't going to give us a proper sequel, then the modding community possibly could (if the right people do it).

There's a lot of love still out there for this game, but it sure as hell isn't coming from the developers who hold the IP.

I know there's 0 chances of an engine port, but I'm saying that this game isn't getting an official sequel worth a damn.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM

I'm doing the same thing.

I was just pointing out that if the developers aren't going to give us a proper sequel, then the modding community possibly could (if the right people do it).

There's a lot of love still out there for this game, but it sure as hell isn't coming from the developers who hold the IP.

I know there's 0 chances of an engine port, but I'm saying that this game isn't getting an official sequel worth a damn.
Maybe somebody should contact WRF Studios and ask to license the code from his Bloodlust games.

Herumor

Scholar
I know Project Vaulderie was originally C&D'd by CCP, but have they attempted to continue from where they left off once Paradox acquired the IP?

Last edited:

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
I know Project Vaulderie was originally C&D'd by CCP, but have they attempted to continue from where they left off once Paradox acquired the IP?
The rights to BL are complicated. Activision, now Microsoft, still holds the distribution rights. It's not legally tenable for any fan remakes/remasters to go forward. If Paradox was interested, then they would have already negotiated with M$ for the distribution rights. That's why I keep telling people to make original games rather than constantly try to remake/remaster a 20 years old game.

Look, I have some money saved up. Can anybody give me a quote for what it would cost to make a tech demo for a Bloodlines spiritual successor using an original IP? If I can pay for it then I'll give you enough to make a tech demo, but after that you'll have to resort to kickstarter.

Wesp5

Arcane

Yes, I know they did, but even Paradox didn't manage to get the rights from Acitivision who really don't care. Also it seems remasters don't always fare well. The GTAs were a desaster, the Ghostbusters doesn't look much differently and even ones targeted at new systems fail (https://exputer.com/news/games/alan-wake-remastered-no-royalty-revenue/), so I agree with RaggleFraggle, that I would rather like to have new content than the old one with slightly improved graphics.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Ghostbusters
Because the game still looked great, didn't need an upgrade. Big point of the remaster was to "port" or rather redevelop coop mode on PC from console versions. But apparently source code was corrupted or rather devs realized they bit more than they could chew - it was completely scrapped which defeated the whole point. You still have only lame bots following you through the whole game.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM

Yes, I know they did, but even Paradox didn't manage to get the rights from Acitivision who really don't care. Also it seems remasters don't always fare well. The GTAs were a desaster, the Ghostbusters doesn't look much differently and even ones targeted at new systems fail (https://exputer.com/news/games/alan-wake-remastered-no-royalty-revenue/), so I agree with RaggleFraggle, that I would rather like to have new content than the old one with slightly improved graphics.
Not only that, but not being tied down to an existing IP gives a lot more freedom of expression. e.g. the Bloodlust games were developed from the ground up as video games rather than adapting 1990s ttrpg rules and this allows them to go in different (and arguably better for the medium) directions. e.g. there are multiple clans in the game that you can build reputation with in order to learn their proprietary skills regardless of the clan you pick at character creation. You can even make your own clan. Stuff like that.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Can anybody give me a quote for what it would cost to make a tech demo for a Bloodlines spiritual successor using an original IP?

That's pretty on the mark for my next project, although spiritual successor may be pushing it as i'm planning an isometric, party-based vamp RPG, not a first-person/single character romp.

If you're talking AAA quality, even the tech demo will cost you way more than it has to be. If we're talking indie team using Unity or Unreal, I dunno, probably 100k will reasonably do it...and should get you something really nice.

If we're talking me, I can do a demo basically on nothing. But I'm like Jeff Vogel level of cheap frugal and I already have all the assets I need, it just needs some sweat and tears.

deuxhero

Arcane

Yeah, the only time a remaster is worth it is if the game just flat out doesn't work on modern systems (at least, not without extreme effort/bugs) and/or the original graphics/sound master files are preserved and at a significantly a higher quality than what actually got in the game.

jungl

Augur
There is this game called bloodhunt on steam if you guys want to play another bad vampire masquerade shooter with powers. Otherwise why fuck would anyone want a another early 2000 bioware clone game where you talk to a npc and have 3 dialogue options to choose from. The perfect game in this rpg sub genre was already made and its called jade empire which is vastly superior to bloodlines or alpha protocol if you prefer gunplay.

Wesp5

Arcane

The game starts with Jack slaving for LaCroix. Oh boy.

Not really, so I could overlook that, but near the end is a quest that will most certainly break the game because you can give the quest item away earlier. Also on my 19:10 monitor I couldn't finish the game at all, because I couldn't enter a critical location! Besides that it was a nice idea, but it had almost as many bugs as the original Bloodlines ;). I know the autor is working on a sequel/full game, but are these the Blood Lust games that RaggleFraggle is talking about?

jackofshadows

Magister
Yeah VTMB's greatness mostly obliged to outstanding writing, quest design and at times impeccable VO. What you can expect at best from some random fan attempts is the same level of quest design. So, just forget it. That was one time deal.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Oh God, I didn't connect the dots until now, but these are the absolute cocksuckers that foisted Dear Esther and A Machine for Pigs upon us.

Who the fuck thought they were a good fit to develop a new Bloodlines? They have the same retarded political views as the previous band of retards, but even less of an understanding on how to make a game.

Is Bloodlines 2 some elaborate tax evasion or money laundering scam Paradox is running?

I'm surprised these retards are still around. You'd have thought that after they fucked up A Machine For Pigs so badly, they would have gone out of business. How even...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm surprised these retards are still around. You'd have thought that after they fucked up A Machine For Pigs so badly, they would have gone out of business. How even...
They did go out of business in the sense that everyone except the two founders were laid off. Then Sumo Digital resurrected/restarted them by paying nearly 3 million.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom