Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Atm, Kagura Games on GoG is at 18. Their catalog off GoG is far beyond that. I'm sure they bleed a few in here and there. On Kagura.com they have 150+ games I believe and 20 preorder new games coming out. Yeah, they'll drop some to gog continuously for years if they can.
:negative::negative::negative:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

So let me get this straight, the zombie runs to you and attacks, ...... then moonwalks back to where it started? Seriously, that's stupid.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Damn Bugmen.
Jn0SkmY.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
No idea if this belongs in the GOG thread, but it's related to GOG. I own Fallout 2(multiple times, actually.) I have no idea where my physical copies are, lost long ago. I have both a Steam and a GOG copy. But here's the rub: they both aren't the exact files that were contained on the disks. I can tell because they contain shit like the highres patch, sfall, etc.,

Where would could I obtain an exact copy of what was on the FO2 disk + the last official patch released?
Again, not piracy because I own the game, I just want a version that hasn't been tampered with...

This is the top-level directory of a fresh GOG FO2 install:
Code:
EULA.txt
Extras
FAQ.txt
Fallout2Launcher.exe
Fallout2_High_Resolution_Patch_4.1.8.exe
FalloutClient.exe
GameuxInstallHelper.dll
Launch Fallout 2.lnk
Readme.rtf
Support.ico
critter.dat
data
ddraw.dll
ddraw.ini
f2_res.dat
f2_res.dll
f2_res.ini
f2_res_Config.exe
f2_res_README.rtf
f2_res_change.log
f2_res_patcher.exe
fallout2.cfg
fallout2.exe
fallout2.ico
fallout2HR.exe
gog.ico
goggame-2.dll
goggame-2.hashdb
goggame-2.ico
goggame-2.info
licence.txt
manual.pdf
master.dat
patch000.dat
refcard.pdf
sfall-readme.txt
sound
unins000.dat
unins000.exe
unins000.msg
webcache.zip

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Where would could I obtain an exact copy of what was on the FO2 disk + the last official patch released?
I could rip my discs, but then I'd have to plug in a disc reader lol

There are .iso's floating around man, just pirate it. It's ok just don't tell your boss

El Presidente

Arcane

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
https://af.gog.com/news/the_elder_scrolls_iv_oblivion_love_in_spite_of_first_sight?as=1649904300

For the occasion of the Bethesda Publisher Sale, we asked a couple of our teammates at GOG about their favourite games from this publisher, and why they loved those titles, or what made them special to them. Below, you can read the second entry (first one is here), from our QA Tester, Rostyslav Chystoserdov.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion happened to be the first TES game I’ve ever played and completely fell in love with. It came out when I was in sixth grade, had a potato PC, and no internet. Unsurprisingly, my PC couldn’t handle the game and it ran extremely badly, but a good friend of mine came to the rescue and found some tips on the Web on how to lower the graphics even below the available settings.

After tweaking the configuration parameters we managed to make the game playable and the result was “stunning”: the game had no trees, grass, shadows, or other visual effects (such as fire) and all dungeons were bright as day, but it still managed to blow my mind. A fascinating story, a spectacular setting, numerous well-written side quests, and one of the best soundtracks I’ve ever heard in any game to this day – that clearly was love at first sight.

It goes without saying that I spent a tremendous amount of time in Oblivion and highly recommend everyone to do the same thing, especially if their rig is better than my good old potato PC from 2006. Oh, and make sure to hear of the High Elves.

So this is the kind of Pole who works for GOG...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom