Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

7 Days to die - Now with Codex Server Details on Page 2

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I got the third side of The Moat done and I started dynamiting the fourth side. Its almost there finally.

I also started a huge expansion on my existing base too.

My temporary horde night base held up well against demolishers also.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After mining a metric fuck ton of stone, The Moat is finally complete.

I also managed to get super corn finally.

But more importantly, the drawbridge is complete and access to the trader is available for anyone who wishes it.

That's Jenkem's base in the background. (Its free real estate)

Bridge to Nowhere.jpg

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
I've been doing lots of zombie fighting lately. Always seems to be close to horde night when I log in, but thats not a bad thing. I need the xp.

The ultimate horde night base has been making a little progress here and there despite the zombie hordes.

I almost got the entrance area fortified, and there are bomb holes not visible from the picture. I don't plan to fight from the side shown on the picture, but it will be a nice fall back spot and somewhat fortified just in case.

I want to start working on the other side where I really plan to build a crazy zombie fighting base with electric traps and gun turrets and stuff.

based.jpg

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
I got to try out my new horde night base, and it held up well. I might have used 100 concrete after the night was over for repairs.

Now I can go crazy building a huge base for fun.

I started exploring a bit and found some fun locations. Who built Anglotopia :lol:

Some pictures

1) Horde Night Beginning

So It Begins.jpg

2) The Moat holding up to damage.

Invincible Moat.jpg

3) Bumped into this place while doing a quest just before.

The Citadel.jpg

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
I expanded my base downwards as the zombies digging, and my indiscriminate use of rocket launchers, has caused quite the pit to form.

It's getting a bit late tonight though, so I won't do horde night right now. It's about 10 game hours until horde night. Have fun with it if you want, or I'll do it tomorrow some time.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
Well, I did horde night yesterday, then I logged in today, and it was horde night again.

This was the aftermath of two horde nights in a row.

The Aftermath.jpg

Other pics of zombie killing

horde night.jpg

sniping.png

horde night over.jpg

Send It.jpg

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
It goes on sale occasionally, but it's worth the full price imo.

There are a lot of mods for the game and it has high replayability value.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Just FYI, dropped the total players down to 10 because we've never had more than 5 people online at any one time. Also it makes it cheaper come renewal time.

So instead of a few peanuts and a mango, it's now just a few peanuts and I can keep my mango money.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
My huge pit has reached bedrock in a couple of places, and I've been augering out the edge of the pit as the depth grows.

One more horde night and it should finally be able to build a full steel base and start working on a zombie obstacle course.

edit.

Picture of the Pit. I can start expanding outwards soon.

Pit In Progress.jpg

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
FYI the server is still up, I just have no idea how the retarded new server search feature is supposed to work.

Just enter whatever, hit search. Then ignore it and connect to IP:
IP: 172.107.182.118
Port: 26930
Pass: BallsDeep

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
I was playing it fine last week, I'll give it a shot here soon.

I'm slowly on my climb to level 300, and I'm just about at the point I can start building a base deep inside the wasteland.

I got my base on the outskirts of the wasteland built up enough to serve as a secondary hunting and gathering point.

edit...

The Login "welcome" screen just shows a dot instead of the codex demon and the other server rules like it showed before.

I was still able to log in just fine though.

edit 2..

The zombie aggro range seems to be working better again too.

Last edited:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
I just finished the day 585 horde night.

Protip: Don't use the rocket launcher in a narrow room.

I managed to barely survive after blasting the floor beneath me, but I burned through a fuck ton of ammo.

After the night had passed I had gained enough points to reach level 10 intellect, which means I can now start building the electrical trap bases.

Fun times are ahead :D

I just finished the day 585 horde night.

Protip: Don't use the rocket launcher in a narrow room.

I managed to barely survive after blasting the floor beneath me, but I burned through a fuck ton of ammo.

After the night had passed I had gained enough points to reach level 10 intellect, which means I can now start building the electrical trap bases.

Fun times are ahead :D
I still haven't figured those things out, I get confused by the electrical setup part. The best I've been able to do so far is a moat of spinning blades, which is super effective, but I want the bug zapper stuff to work :mad:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
There is some simple logic to 7D2D that is annoying at times, like not being able to chain power supplies together, or run all your lines from one main feed, but it's manageable. Some survival games have more complex setups, but that brings different types of annoyance.

There's just a hard limit to length and power connected. No need to do math for power drops and such like other games have.

Watch a video on the electrical tool of you want, it's as simple as click, run a wire then click again. The hard part is collecting enough mechanical and electrical parts for a huge base. I'm still building up, but I could make a push for it soon ish.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
DarkUnderlord

I think you said you were building another base deeper in the wasteland?

I can repair that horde night base we just used if you don't mind.

Sorry for having to go on short notice afterwards, I had told a friend I'd help him with another game and had just planned to pop into the server for an hour or less, but it just happened to time right with horde night. (Lucky me!)

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
DarkUnderlord

I think you said you were building another base deeper in the wasteland?

I can repair that horde night base we just used if you don't mind.

All good, re-modeled it with a hole. Although having done another horde there now, I can't really call the hole a success.

They don't really commit to the hole, they just pile on top of you on the ladder and push you down to the bottom where you get mugged by those that fall down with you.

20220625203019_1.jpg20220625200102_1.jpg20220625200355_1.jpg20220625201314_1.jpg20220625201723_1.jpg

The tunnel's working great though. As soon as the zombies break in and get down that is. Thankfully I could retreat to that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom