Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
They should have made Avowed in the Tyranny universe. But noooooo, let's do more generic PoE fantasy instead.

Tyranny as immersive sim would be cool. Tyranny was first game Obsidian doing with Microsoft which was cancelled and then later revived with Paradox.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Roguey wtf.

Given the fact that sirin probably only slept with one eyes close wondering when the voices of nerat will finally try to push his luck, that would be pretty fucked up.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Roguey wtf.

Given the fact that sirin probably only slept with one eyes close wondering when the voices of nerat will finally try to push his luck, that would be pretty fucked up.

Maybe you and rusty should get together and discuss the intricacies of fictional character rights.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They should have made Avowed in the Tyranny universe. But noooooo, let's do more generic PoE fantasy instead.

PoE has cool parts of its setting but avowed takes place in the most generic part of it, would be much better if it was in Tyranny setting to be certain.
Well depend if they are gonna retcon the living lands and makes it cyrodiil v.2.0

In game book the living land has various landscapes from rolling hills to desert, with crazy plant life, vines and trees that moves, giant flowers that eat people, and you're wandering from thick jungle and suddenly you're in a desert.

It sounds valenwood ish, but there is a chance they make it looks like cyrodiil, akan just random british landscape

Sarathiour

Cipher
Maybe you and rusty should get together and discuss the intricacies of fictional character rights.

They are people out there jerking off to vtuber of dubious apparence, nothing illegal with it, but also nothing preventing me from finding this extremely cringe.

Offering you the opportunity of dicking sirin would push the game in weirdo land, she's written as your bitchy daughter, not a romantic interest.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Offering you the opportunity of dicking sirin would push the game in weirdo land, she's written as your bitchy daughter, not a romantic interest.
BBbDjeR.jpg

Eb's gonna groom

Sarathiour

Cipher
How is that grooming ?

She's teasing her for her poor choice for word, because as an angsty teenager, she wanted to prove herself and spoke before thinking. Eb was certainly not expecting her to take up on her offer.
By the way Eb regularly make joke and sexual innuendo as far as I remember.

Sarathiour

Cipher
haven't played the dlc, but Verse asking you to go to the brothel instead of bothering her was probably the better option.

ds.

Novice
Finally got around to play this. I played trough all four major paths so I guess it was interesting enough for that - not the combat though, but at least its fast enough to breeze through in story mode. I think the game's biggest flaws (combat, railroading past Act I, rushed ending) have been discussed to death here so I won't bother repeating them.

One thing that annoyed me and I haven seen talked about much is the camera and constant mini-cutscenes. Walk up to some enemies? Good chance that the game takes away your camera control for a few seconds to zoom around a bit for no reason. Interact with something in the world? Mini-cutscene. It feels like the level designers don't understand that they don't have to use these constantly just because the engine supports them. And to make matters worse when cutscenes end you need to wait another half second because reasons before regaining control and are left with whatever zoom level the camera had at the end of the cutscene instead of it restoring your previous (1:1) zoom level. I don't remember these being that frequent or annoying in Pillars but it's been a while since I played that. Smaller (indoor) areas too change the camera because the game doesn't allow you to pan past level borders so has to zoom in. And of course when you leave it doesn't (always) restore your 1:1 zoom - but that at least was also an issue with Pillars.

Not being able to move the view past edges of the level was also annoying because sounds use positional audio relative to the center of the screen which means if you are using headphones and an ultra-wide screen and there is a fight near the edge of a level then have fun only getting sound in one ear for that fight. If the game is supposed to have different mixing for headphones and speakers then the detection failed for me and there does not seem to be an option to override it. Probably best not have stereo audio at all for isometric games or at least move the listener far enough away that the panning isn't that extreme.

Considering how little regard for player choice a lot of the quests have, I was positively surprised that the game lets you unlock the spires before completing the charcoal rubbings by using the symmetry to deduce the missing parts. On some paths this is even required to get all the spires and on others it at least lets you get some spires much earlier than you would otherwise. Would have been better if it was a harder puzzle though -- Lantry even points out the symmetry if you take him along.

Saduj

Arcane
Bought this recently out of boredom. Usually don't play RTWP but the premise behind the game interested me enough to give it a try. And boy do I suck at this game.

Been playing on "Hard" mostly because I didn't want the enemy AI gimped to the point where the opposition doesn't use its abilities. I'm at the end of Act I and seem to have no shot at beating the final battle. The combat just seems like a total clusterfuck to me and half the time it seems like my characters are just ignoring my input and doing whatever. Just one example: my main character should be able to cast fireball and I've never been able to successfully get him to do it. The other issue is that I'm pretty sure my characters all have shit gear. Barik is still using his starting weapon. I've only upgraded one of Verse's weapons and it was a marginal upgrade at best. My main has a "Fine" bronze sword now instead of the starting one. When I'm not using an ability, everyone does lousy damage. My armor pretty much sucks too. I've only made it this far by cheesing the AI and luring enemies a few at a time any time I have to face a group that outnumbers me. Not only is this not possible for the current battle, but the game auto positions my party in the middle of the room just to make sure the enemy has no issues flanking and getting into my back line.

Before I drop the difficulty, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has any tips specifically pertaining to acquiring better gear. The stuff that is available for sale is shit. I believe I've looted every container on every map in Act 1 and really haven't found anything decent. I watched part of an LP and noticed that by this point, the Youtuber had a glowing sword on his main and an item that gives him a nice AOE attack. That shit was nowhere to be found in my game. Any other general tips would also be welcome.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Bought this recently out of boredom. Usually don't play RTWP but the premise behind the game interested me enough to give it a try. And boy do I suck at this game.

Been playing on "Hard" mostly because I didn't want the enemy AI gimped to the point where the opposition doesn't use its abilities. I'm at the end of Act I and seem to have no shot at beating the final battle. The combat just seems like a total clusterfuck to me and half the time it seems like my characters are just ignoring my input and doing whatever. Just one example: my main character should be able to cast fireball and I've never been able to successfully get him to do it. The other issue is that I'm pretty sure my characters all have shit gear. Barik is still using his starting weapon. I've only upgraded one of Verse's weapons and it was a marginal upgrade at best. My main has a "Fine" bronze sword now instead of the starting one. When I'm not using an ability, everyone does lousy damage. My armor pretty much sucks too. I've only made it this far by cheesing the AI and luring enemies a few at a time any time I have to face a group that outnumbers me. Not only is this not possible for the current battle, but the game auto positions my party in the middle of the room just to make sure the enemy has no issues flanking and getting into my back line.

Before I drop the difficulty, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has any tips specifically pertaining to acquiring better gear. The stuff that is available for sale is shit. I believe I've looted every container on every map in Act 1 and really haven't found anything decent. I watched part of an LP and noticed that by this point, the Youtuber had a glowing sword on his main and an item that gives him a nice AOE attack. That shit was nowhere to be found in my game. Any other general tips would also be welcome.

Act 1 is tough on the hardest difficulties without New Game+ because there really isn't anything worth finding by that point. Still loot everything if you want Max Powah by end game, but none of it is particularly noteworthy. Character build and good tactics (and all the consumables you can weave a sigil at) matter here more than anything.

You can't have that enchanted sword or other artifacts by Act 1. That's New Game+ stuff. That mode really lets the hardest difficulty playthroughs shine since you have plenty of options right from the start.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
The two hardest fights in the game are both in Act 1, and Ascension Hall is one of them. Once you get past that there are no more challenging encounters.

Saduj

Arcane
Finally beat the Ascension Hall fight. Really didn't do too much differently. Was able to focus down two handed melee goon quickly. Enemy leader and teleporting character focused down Lantry pretty early but Verse was somehow able to tank them both while by other two took down the bowman and casters.

Still haven't managed to cast a fireball.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Finally beat the Ascension Hall fight. Really didn't do too much differently. Was able to focus down two handed melee goon quickly. Enemy leader and teleporting character focused down Lantry pretty early but Verse was somehow able to tank them both while by other two took down the bowman and casters.

Still haven't managed to cast a fireball.

Are you getting interrupted by enemy skills? Some can do that. The animation should play and it should go off without a hitch otherwise. I don't remember a failure mechanic being tied to your lore skill since what spells you can cast, and what improvements you can add, are already locked behind a certain lore level. Is some AI routine you have set interrupting it?

Zeriel

Arcane
Spires were definetely an up of the game that weren't developed enough and amounted to basically nothing on the long term. Missed potential.

They're a huge plot point and were pretty clearly meant to be a core part of the setting and mystery of Kyros. It just isn't capitalized on because the series got deepsixed by Fearghus's retardation. If anything I'd say the implications of the spires and what we learn about them is the most interesting part of the game.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If anything I'd say the implications of the spires and what we learn about them is the most interesting part of the game.
That is? Honestly speaking I don't remember much from this game aside from a feeling of disappointment that this particular mystery was never really solved (what's up with the Spires and so on).
It's pretty obvious that they're the source of Kyros' power, but aside from that? Was there anything else?

Technomancer

Liturgist
It is also my head canon that Eb can be your love slave because she says she'll do a-ny-thing to live.

They wrote Eb sex scene for Budding Rose brothel but for some reason cut it.

This random encounter includes a sex scene with Eb which is currently unreachable in the game itself but has been left in the files.

Reaching first to her knees then behind her neck, in four motions, Eb's rope harness comes undone. Her garments collapse all at once, and a length of hempen rope runs between her hands. With a burst of speed, she presses into you, her hands threading the rope around your waist.
Once Eb has you tied and fastened to her liking, she stands over you with an impish smile.
You ride out the waves of euphoria with Eb on top of, around, and astride you - her moving about your body as you remained tied in place - 'for your own safety' as she says.
When the rush of the berries at last subsides, Eb unties you slowly, and playfully, before the two of you return to your journey.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom