Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail is mediocre (imo)

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Can you go to complete different locations in different orders? That’s one of my favorite parts of Fallout.

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
Can you go to complete different locations in different orders? That’s one of my favorite parts of Fallout.
You can't, you just have a base at first and then you can explore the caves/ bunkers similar to Diablo 1.
Expect many backtracking to the base that will waste your time because unlike Diablo 1 there is no recall spell.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You can't, you just have a base at first and then you can explore the caves/ bunkers similar to Diablo 1.
Expect many backtracking to the base that will waste your time because unlike Diablo 1 there is no recall spell.

Ok, OP is confirmed retard, close thread.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
See, in a traditional RPG like Fallout, you can create characters fully developed in speech skills without putting points in combat but in Underrail you can't.
This post explains it in details:

https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=8647.0
While other skills are absolutely necessary.
I almost spilled the very hot tea on myself, my manhood was in danger. I think someone played like maximum 3 crpgs in his life. Seriously. We are not even talking about the same genre here. Or rather someone talks of a non-existing one. There is this genre with thousands of games where combat is the necessary and often the most fum part of the experience. And then we have half dozen of games that that allow to make a "pacifist" build, as only one option between several combat-oriented ones.

Alphons

Cipher
What do you want to hear?

Reading your posts it's obvious you were filtered by the tutorial area.

Turn down the difficulty to normal and invest in Stealth if you want to avoid combat.

Not even Fallouts and Arcanum allow you to finish the game without killing with Speech skills alone.

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
This is like saying you can't go straight to New Vegas in FO:NV because there are some strong enemies in your way.
Except that even in new vegas you can bypass them, in underrail you can't. You are forced to kill to complete a quest.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Again, you can dislike the game, but you post more misinformation. You can visit many locations before you are supposed to get there, and do quests. I got to Core City super quick on one run. Went to the Railroad on another run. You are free to do some stuff out of order.

Alphons

Cipher
This is like saying you can't go straight to New Vegas in FO:NV because there are some strong enemies in your way.
Except that even in new vegas you can bypass them, in underrail you can't. You are forced to kill to complete a quest.

None of the mandatory quests require you to kill anything (aside from the main boss).

You can bypass any confrontation with either Stealth or Persuasion/ Intimidation/ Mercantile.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The problem with Underrail is that the main plot railroads you into attacking Tchort. I like Tchort, I refuse to attack him.
The "problem" with crpgs is that they railroad you to attack the bad guys. I like bad guys, I refuse to attack them.

Good luck explaining how Tchort is some inherently evil monster. Tchort is a good boy, he dindu nuffin, he just hangs out in the underground lab and helps the Tchortists with their science projects.

If anything, the faceless are the real bad guys. Smashing up Core City, murdering people all over the underrail, real civilized behaviour am I right?

Serus

Arcane
Patron
The problem with Underrail is that the main plot railroads you into attacking Tchort. I like Tchort, I refuse to attack him.
The "problem" with crpgs is that they railroad you to attack the bad guys. I like bad guys, I refuse to attack them.

Good luck explaining how Tchort is some inherently evil monster. Tchort is a good boy, he dindu nuffin, he just hangs out in the underground lab and helps the Tchortists with their science projects.
So are many bad guys. Master is not inherently evil, he is just a crazy... "thing", poor guy, he needs medical help.
Deidranna, she made her nation strong (despite having a poor advisor), she is the hero of the story.

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik

Alphons

Cipher
None of the mandatory quests require you to kill anything (aside from the main boss).

You can bypass any confrontation with either Stealth or Persuasion/ Intimidation/ Mercantile.
https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Retake_the_outposts
The whole outposts area is indeed infested with rathounds, but they shouldn't prove too dangerous. Just don't let them surround you
More lies please.

Damn, first quest in the game.

You can use Stealth to bypass Rathounds, lock them behind fences, restart the main generator, Intimidate the vagrant and you've finished the first quest in the game without fighting.

Next one please.

jackofshadows

Magister
As I see it OP, you wanted to love it because you'd thought it's basically a Fallout clone. Once you've realized that is false, you've lost your interest. Which would be fine but you've made the wrong conclusions and wrote untrue stuff about the game in question. So be kind, change your post and fuck off.
Might explain why I'm wrong instead of insulting me? Yosharian did attack me on mercantile, I accept it but it was just one of many examples I have in mind . Now onto the fact that I supposedly expected Fallout, I expected to enjoy Underrail but I find no fun in it whatsoever other than the min-maxing autism ( aka build variety which resolves around which type of gun you want to use. You want to go with PSI, use the psi build on the internet, make sure to pick the correct feats otherwise you're screwed, funnnnnnnnnnn!). No kidding I saw an advice about the game exactly as this one.
I didn't even insult you, just told you to stop spreading lies and to fuck off. Don't be such a snowflake.

Okay let's see. You wanted to have fun with Underrail. First, people have pretty different ideas about what is fun there but let's assume they agree on one thing: losing isn't fun. UR is pretty brutal RPG, you have to spend at least some time to learn the ropes otherwise you'll be raped regardless. Just accept its rules, learn something (through your own experience or guides online doesn't matter ultimately) and only then you'll be able to (most probably) have fun means owning in this game. Thing is that genre veterans don't need that in order to start - that's like bonus layer of fun but whatever (I've read as certain dude around here did pretty well for some time completely blind with knifes throw aka worthless/meme build on dominating but then the dude's vanished).

Anyway, if you still want to, you have to figure out what's fun for you in there. Try various builds (again, try for yourself which is absolutely possible or search online): PSI, tincan, sniper, hammerboi, stabber, the game revolves around combat unless you want to skip most of that in which case you have to invest in stealth and maybe secondary skills like you've listed as useless (they're not but they're exactly that - secondary ones). But you still have to invest in something combat-oriented, yes.

As an example: try this extremely easy but at the same time versatile and powerful build which can have it all except for toughness (but you will start combat yourself all the time and be in control).

Serus

Arcane
Patron

https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Retake_the_outposts
The whole outposts area is indeed infested with rathounds, but they shouldn't prove too dangerous. Just don't let them surround you
More lies please.
Seriously? This practically the tutorial. And, i am pretty sure, can be done with stealth and some creativity.

I still don't know why having the ability to play a CRPG without fighting is somehow inherently better or required.

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
No build will change the ridiculously slow walking speed, copy-pasted locations, the fetch quests, the boring combat, the static world,uninteresting crafting system, etc...
It's obviously the player's fault.

Werdnicus

Learned
>slow walking speed
press + (also read the tutorial)
>copy-pasted locations
you didnt even finish the tutorial
>the fetch quests
>the boring combat
you got to level 6 tops
>the static world
>uninteresting crafting system

>It's obviously the player's fault.
Yes
either cope and play the game or just dont

Serus

Arcane
Patron
No build will change the ridiculously slow walking speed, copy-pasted locations, the fetch quests, the boring combat, the static world, etc...
Static world? As compared to what game exactly?

Normal walking is somewhat slow, especially early, but later there are ways/items to make it faster. And you can speed it up.

Copy-pasted location? Really? I thought many of them are quite original and am at loss when looking any of the more important location that is "copy-pasted".

Fetch quests? I run into a few but there many types of quests and often more than one way to do them.

Boring Combat? As far as non-party based tactical combat goes it's one the best game there is. Perhaps you don't like TB tactical combat. Granted, the no-party makes it limited but the numbers of builds make up for it, for the most part.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Boring Combat? As far as non-party based tactical combat goes it's one the best game there is.
That's kinda like talking about the best non-male comedians.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom