Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Your test site sucks

Do you zoom in when reading the Codex?

• Yes, I usually or regularly zoom in (increasing the font size) in order to read the Codex.

Votes: 82 26.9%
  • On the odd occasion, I have had to zoom in. Maybe on a particular device.

Votes: 37 12.1%
  • No. Never.

Votes: 148 48.5%
  • Bitch, I zoom out.

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • Oh Comrade of Kings, lament not our sins.

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

CabbageHead

Novice
10012.png

heh.

Humbaba

Arcane
Another thing I just realised is, if your pfp isn't a square that fills out the whole space, there's just this gay dark blue background behind it, completely ruining the illusion of a brahmin cat dancing on the screen.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
So that you guys know, a group of us most prestigious codexers, like me, Kruno, Blobert, Bradylama's alt and so on, have been using the new layout for a little over a month and you eventually get used to it and it's not bad.

What kind of incredibly dumb argument is that? You get used it? Of course you do, you dope, just like you get used to eating McDonald's junk "food" after while. Not because the "food" gets somehow better with every meal you eat, but because your brain is lowering your standards with every bite - otherwise you could never go on eating that shit. So, no matter how much you get used it, the food at McDonald's is and always will be absolute dogshit - just like the nuDex.

I'd even go so far and say your statement ("after some time of using the nuCodex it's not so bad anymore") is the equivalent of WEF's main slogan:

WEF: "You will own nothing and you will be happy!".

Scruffy: "You will use the nuDex and you will be happy!"

Kruno, Blobert, Bradylama, you and everyone else who's promoting the nuDex should be summarily banned, imo.

You're trying so hard, aren't you?
The new layout is not mcdonald's, it's just a different food you are crying about because, in your meme-addled brain, you have come to actually believe that calling everything shit makes you seem cool
It needs tweaking, it's definitely not perfect, but it's fine, and no worse than the current layout. And remember: reactionaries only have one opinion, and it's always the same, so no one takes them seriously. Not even in the very few occasions in which they might be right.

Johannes

Arcane
Having the poaster nick and the post text in different blobs looks off. Also why not include post count n join date next to name, there is room for it there

Johannes

Arcane
Also the only thing main forum menu is worse, you see only half as many subforum titles at a time when the descriptions are there.

This all on mobile

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After all these years you guys still don't seem to get how this works.

The more you complain about it, the more likely el SeñorOscuroDeLasProfundidades is to implement that layout.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
The new layout is not mcdonald's, it's just a different food you are crying about because, in your meme-addled brain, you have come to actually believe that calling everything shit makes you seem cool
It needs tweaking, it's definitely not perfect, but it's fine, and no worse than the current layout. And remember: reactionaries only have one opinion, and it's always the same, so no one takes them seriously. Not even in the very few occasions in which they might be right.
No.

It cannot be overstated how hideous this redesign is. I urge the admins to opt instead for implementing a 1:1 replication of the current design in the new forum software, or at least as close as possible.

I don't think this thread is meant for trolling, scruffy.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I have read like 3 pages in this thread, so I think I can confidently say I speak for everyone when I say no one likes the new design.

I understand the underlying forum technology needs to be updated, but can't you just make it look like the current forum?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No.

You forget one important aspect: DU has to use the site too. He won't troll himself long term.

That's assuming DU actually does have long term plans for the 'Dex... :smug:

Myrthos transformed himself before bailing on the Watch, DU could transform the forums into something hideous and throw away the key for ever as a final' fuck you all!'

Drop Duck

Learned
The new layout is not mcdonald's
McDonald's is a very successful business and employ some of the best designers around, if you can't appreciate McDonald's you're not a true progressive. In your excitement to prove this regressive wrong you have used regressive arguments. Implying that "homecooked" archaic food aka enslaving women in the kitchen is better than the hyper efficient and economic hamburger you get served at McDonald's, the food of the future. We must always take care not to blindly accept the premise of these cavemen.
Agreed, it should be even more futuristic with an up and downvote system, bigger and more readable font, a better system for live updates, an infinitely scrolling pages instead of the backwards system of "pages" which makes no sense when you have modern internet speeds and computers. Sleeker and more aerodynamic designs too, with more colors to reflect the colorful community we have.

Drop Duck

Learned
Don't tell me you are one of those backwards commies with an irrational dislike of McDonald's Scruffy. If you are you should educate yourself.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
McDonald's is a very successful business and employ some of the best designers around, if you can't appreciate McDonald's you're not a true progressive. In your excitement to prove this regressive wrong you have used regressive arguments. Implying that "homecooked" archaic food aka enslaving women in the kitchen is better than the hyper efficient and economic hamburger you get served at McDonald's, the food of the future. We must always take care not to blindly accept the premise of these cavemen.

Scruffy we found a poster worse than you!!!

Drop Duck

Learned

Scruffy we found a poster worse than you!!!
It's objectively a fact that McDonald's employ some of the best designers in the business and that money can buy. If you're saying something looks like McDonald's that means you are giving it a compliment to anyone who isn't a knuckle-dragging neanderthal. McDonald's has also done more than any government to help the POC community by providing work and playgrounds in Black communities and provide the highest quality food at a low price point. Only right-wing extremists try to make any of that seem bad, or jealous poor commie losers who wish they could come up with a business anywhere as good but never will because they are too lazy to do real work.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I can't stop laughing at this:
image.png

If someone were to share any rpgcodex page to any of those places there, they would be pretty much committing social suicide.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Should replace those buttons with links to Crystal Cafe and Lipstick Alley

Trashos

Arcane
I haven't read anything. I have been away for some months. I just saw the test site. We a mobile games site nao!

Trashos

Arcane
Want to bet against that more than half the users of this site regularly access it through their smartphones?

It sure looks like shit on my laptop.
If it indeed looks better on smartphones, then I was right. We a mobile games site nao!

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Scruffy is wrong on everything, as usual.

Is there no way to port the old style to Xenforo 2? And why do you need Xenforo 2 at all if the old one works just fine?

Grimlorn

Arcane
It's amusing you think you're not a reactionary. You react the exact way the left wants you to every time you view something politically. Here it is pretty much universal that most Codexers dislike the new site, probably people on the left and right, but here you are making it a political issue by referencing those darn reactionaries.

You are a caricature of a human being, but I guess that's why they call people like you NPCs.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
It's amusing you think you're not a reactionary. You react the exact way the left wants you to every time you view something politically. Here it is pretty much universal that most Codexers dislike the new site, probably people on the left and right, but here you are making it a political issue by referencing those darn reactionaries.

You are a caricature of a human being, but I guess that's why they call people like you NPCs.
So you don't know what reactionary means, and you made an idiot of yourself in front of everyone. Sad.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
Your test site is so ugly that I can't promise I will continue contributing high quality posts here if you change to it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom