Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

kangaxx

Arbiter
Look, I know there's at least one of you twats hanging around this thread, still wondering whether DX4 is worth your hard-earned eurobucks or not. And for you (yes, you) I have good news - it's 85% off on GOG right now, just under €7 from where I'm sitting.

This is a very good deal honestly.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Just finished the game. Liked it a lot. Don't really agree it ends with a cliffhanger - sure, some plotlines were not continued (mystery augs, Elisa Cassan) but it's sequel material, together with the post-credit scene. The main conflict concerning the Human Restoration Act and aug terrorism gets resolved, the villain receives the bullet (or in my case, twin nanoblades).

While all the usual strengths of Deus Ex remain (gameplay), I also enjoyed some very good writing. The sidequest concerning the serial killer in Prague is brilliantly written, especially if you follow it until the end (after the quest is resolved, you can still confront the one person responsible for the whole tragedy. After the final reveal of his role in the events, I happily put a bullet in his head). Other quests are also well constructed and written.

I really hope Square Enix gets its shit together and lets Eidos make another Deus Ex, to close the prequel trilogy. Maybe we could see the story unfold until 2035 - and witness the M12 coup against the Illuminati. Who knows what role Adam Jensen and the Juggernaut Collective play in these events. I doubt they will manage to successfully hurt Page (after all he's the big boss during the events of Deus Ex 1) but maybe their involvement will weaken the Illuminati enough for the leader of its technological wing to make his move against Lucius DeBeers and co.

As for Delara Auzenne - my Adam Jensen had a big, augmented boner for her. I guess I should not be surprised by what was revealed about her in the post-credit scene. But it still hurt.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
I really hope Square Enix gets its shit together and lets Eidos make another Deus Ex, to close the prequel trilogy.

upload_2022-1-6_18-47-23.png

Psst, you want some juicy NFTs with your Deus Ex 3? :lol:

But it still hurt.
Why, you got something against boning an
Illuminati
chick?

RIT_SKUA

Literate
The first time I played Deus Ex, when I was a teen, Tracer Tong's ending was my least favourite. Now, though...
For me it was the exact opposite. I went with Tong because I was almost misanthropic, with basically no faith in people or hope in the possible outcome of a positive future. Now, even though it's still extremely difficult for me to do so, I've realized that without hope, we really are doomed, and that that manufactured (purposefully, by the oppressors, to result in this exact outcome) apathy is exactly the primary enemy that has long been grinding our species into the dirt. and I've come to understand that I don't actually hate humanity like I thought I did; in reality, it's usually more to the contrary. Thus, despite my misgivings, I prefer the Helios ending.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I played most of MD this year and I thought it was kinda of good except it was way too easy and just like HR when stealth goes to shit (like 90% of the time) and I have to go guns blazing it's much easier than stealth but it feels like the game wasn't meant to be played like that. I don't really give a shit about the story much in games anymore but this one kind of seemed okay? I still venomously hate the hacking mini game, it's a pure break of immersion in any game when you get hit with a "lets play this stupid mobile game that you don't want to play" just so you can get back to the real game. I think I quit at the end boss because I felt like I got the gist of the game.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
You played the entire game and stopped at the end boss fight?

Yes but you have to understand my desire for gaming is pretty weak now a days so once the balance of shit outweighs mild entertainment I usually quit. It's a decent game I just wasn't personally having much fun anymore and I felt like I experienced most of it by the end boss fight which I was unprepared for.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
As for Delara Auzenne - my Adam Jensen had a big, augmented boner for her. I guess I should not be surprised by what was revealed about her in the post-credit scene. But it still hurt.
Much cuter:
Cqx8WTeUAAAGMcc.jpg

Let's agree to disagree. Both are pretty, sure, this one's more cute, the doctor is more hot. I know what I prefer but perspectives differ.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Only time I see Mankind Divided mentioned on the Dex is when comparing it (semi-favorably, at least) to shitware like Cyberpuke2077 or whining about the problem-ridden launch it had, didn't even remember this thread existed.

Mankind Divided shits all over the original so hard it's not even funny.
Inb4 typical Codex 'B-b-but my grandpa's boyfriend let me play OG Deus Ex on his Apple II and now I'm gonna jerk it off until my dying days!' nostalgiafaggotry.

Jensen is much cooler than JC.
And mmmm... that soundtrack is just to die for.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Only time I see Mankind Divided mentioned on the Dex is when comparing it (semi-favorably, at least) to shitware like Cyberpuke2077 or whining about the problem-ridden launch it had, didn't even remember this thread existed.

Mankind Divided shits all over the original so hard it's not even funny.
Inb4 typical Codex 'B-b-but my grandpa's boyfriend let me play OG Deus Ex on his Apple II and now I'm gonna jerk it off until my dying days!' nostalgiafaggotry.

Jensen is much cooler than JC.
And mmmm... that soundtrack is just to die for.
You have five seconds to beat it before I add you to the list of NSF casualties.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom