Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

V Rising - open world survival game where you play as a vampire and build a castle

Chimera

Augur
Can't even tell if it's online only.

From a devblog...

"Our goal is to let you create private servers for your solo or co-op adventures. While playing on public servers, you’ll likely end up running into players you didn’t wholly intend to, which adds an interesting layer of gameplay."

Also worth noting you can sign up for the closed beta on their site. It's planned for this quarter of 2022.
www.playvrising.com

Hellraiser

Arcane
Vampire survival craftan with Diablo 3 inspiration? Eh, really not sure what to think. Vampires chopping down wood I could probably digest but the Diablo 3-ish ARPG vibes seem just unappealing combined with the concept.

Also really a vampire should ghoulify or dominate mortals to chop trees for him rather than do it himself if one wants to go the "build your own castle, amass wealth and power" route of vampire themes.

This kind of game would work better in proper behind the back third person with stealth elements and a management layer for the castle parts.

A vampiric sandbox survival sim by itself sounds like a great idea for a game. Thinking where and how to feed not to draw attention, while managing to make it back to your lair before the sun comes up. Setting up new lairs, especially if hunters or authorities are close to finding you. I would go all Morgoth and D1P something like that. This, I'm not sure, might be ok at a discount.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
Everyone I know is playing this. Flavor of the month crap I'm sure but I'm intrigued by what I've seen. Especially the open world PvP.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just released in Early Access. At first I thought "another ARPG" until I saw that it has base building, which I am a sucker for. It appears to use Valheim as its basic gameplay and server model. I believe you can host your own private game and passlock it so no one can join, or only friends, making it technically soloable ... I'm also informed that there are server sliders you can set however you want to tailor the experience, so it should be soloable even if that's not the main design intent. I'm also reading that PvP servers suck, because there are zero mechanisms in place for team balancing, so "bring more people to stomp fewer players" is absolutely the only strategy that matters.

I liked Valheim a lot for a while so I will keep an eye on this ... I'd like to wait for final release before I consider actually playing though.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I saw Spanj's latest video showing off a RPG that has survival and base building as part of it. It does look really interesting since you play as a vampire. It is designed with multiplayer in mind for both PvE and PvP. The game is V Rising.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Vampire survival game with day/night cycle seems interesting. Does it has at least basic RPG elements on it or is another gear farming, cooldown managing wow clone??

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
So... Valheim with vampires and an online focus with solo as an afterthought. I'm starving for vampire-themed games as it is, but I'm not interested in this.

Rephyrnomicon

Novice
Tried it for a little while, and it's pretty shit to be quite honest. Bizarre combination of Valheim and Diablo 3, and worse than both.

Hard pass, getting a Steam refund.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Day One DLC = 40 American Dollars

Dracula’s Relics Pack

Embrace your dark legacy and project your intentions of supremacy with the Dracula’s Relics pack.

Strikeout into Vardoran in iconic black, red, and gold. Don the Immortal King’s Mantle and mark yourself a commander of death with the Immortal King’s Greathelm as your battle crown. Whether on the battlefield or resting atop your extravagant throne, these colors represent a vampire with an ambition worthy of the next Dracula.

Return home to a castle worthy of the scourge of Vardoran. From throne to coffin, walls to floors, carpet runs to brilliant braziers, your castle will project regality. The royal decor will project an unmistakable air of dominance, elegance, and taste.

The Dracula’s Relics Pack contains:

• The Immortal King’s Drape, Cloak, and Mantle.
  • The Immortal King’s Greathelm.
  • The Royal Coffin
  • The Royal Throne
  • The Royal Pattern stone floors
  • The Royal Gate castle doors
  • Interior Royal Walls wallpaper
  • Interior Royal Walls Pillar wallpaper
  • Exterior Royal Walls wallpaper
  • Exterior Royal Walls Pillar wallpaper
  • Glass Window: Royal Red & Black
  • Glass Window: Royal Black & Red
  • Royal Carpets
  • Royal Braziers with Orange, Blue, Green, Red, White, Yellow, and Purple flames.

While you have this DLC, all items unlock and become available in-game to be crafted as you become worthy of crafting equivalent equipment.

Founder’s Pack: Eldest Bloodline

This pack has been created for those who want to show off some extra love for V Rising and kindly wish to support the game further. The Founder’s Pack: Eldest Bloodline rewards your support by unlocking exclusive items that will make you stand out on your vampire journey. Get three legendary shapeshift skins, exclusive castle customizations, the original soundtrack, and a bunch of great accessories to take your dark elegance to the next level.

The Founder’s Pack: Eldest Bloodline contains:

3 unique variants of Shapeshifting Forms:

• Wolf Form Variant: The Stygian Wolf
  • Bear Form Variant: The Stygian Bear
  • For the master of disguise, Grandma Form

FoundersPack_SteamInfo_Shapeshifts.png

27 different Gargoyle Statues, including Granite, Marble, and Black Marble variants of the:

• Dueling Gargoyles
  • Lurking Gargoyle
  • Crouching Gargoyle
  • Pleading Gargoyle
  • Pondering Gargoyle
  • Roaring Gargoyle
  • Agonized Gargoyle
  • Victorious Gargoyle
  • Challenging Gargoyle

6 different Gargoyle Ornaments to hang off your pillars, including:

• Gargoyle Vigilant
  • Gargoyle Apologist
  • Gargoyle Sentinel
  • Gargoyle Supplicant
  • Gargoyle Protector
  • Gargoyle Diplomat

FoundersPack_SteamInfo_Statues.png

16 different Vampire Accessories to enhance your vampiric style:

• Mask of Jewels
  • Pure Golden Half-Mask
  • Horned Silver Half-Mask
  • Human Ivory Half-Mask
  • Black Leather Eye Patch
  • Emerald Lens Glasses
  • Elegant Bifocals
  • Inventor's Frames
  • Scholar's Monocle
  • Wing-Tipped Glasses
  • Half-Moon Spectacles
  • Oni's Jaw Mask
  • Mannequin Doll Jaw Mask
  • Golden Beast Jaw Mask
  • Confessor's Blindfold
  • Black Lace Veil

FoundersPack_SteamInfo_Customization.png

V Rising Original Soundtrack by Aleksandria Migova

• Original tracks, available in both Wav 24bit 48khz and Mp3 320kbps
  • Soundtrack Cover Artwork

Track Listing:
01 Vampires Rising
02 Dawn Comes
03 Farbane Nights
04 Song of Dunley
05 Moonlight in the Countryside
06 Hallowed Mountains
07 Kiss of Frost
08 Tales from the Cursed Forest Part I
09 Tales from the Cursed Forest Part II
10 Clash of Faiths
11 Darkness and Light
12 The Castle
13 We Hunt
14 Dungeon Born

FoundersPack_SteamInfo_OST.png

While you have this DLC, all items unlock and become available in-game to be crafted as you become worthy of crafting equivalent equipment.

Mazisky

Magister
Playing for 30 hours and I am in mid game. Didn't have that fun with a game in years, I never cared about survivals or online games but this game is totally playable solo and gives me extreme Sacred 1 vibes. Highly recommend

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Playing for 30 hours and I am in mid game. Didn't have that fun with a game in years, I never cared about survivals or online games but this game is totally playable solo and gives me extreme Sacred 1 vibes. Highly recommend

Cool. How is performance? I know the game is running on Unity.

Mazisky

Magister

Cool. How is performance? I know the game is running on Unity.

I had no issues so far. Running at 70\100 fps average with all maxed out in 1440p. However I have a good pc (9900k + 2080)

Mazisky

Magister
The thing I like the most about this game is how the world feels alive.

Bandits and Guards roam the road with more\less intensity depending on day\night. If they meet each other they fight and you can even find the loot after they fought, they fight with wildlife too such as wolves, bears, also some bosses roam and they may meet and fight aswell and you can use it to your advantage.

Villages are full of guards but you can sneak at night to find less of them and prey on villagers\loot farms. I know there is a big city aswell, can't wait to see it

Also, no level scalilng. You can explore the full map from start and you'll be oneshotted in the hardest areas as it should be.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom