Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Technomancer

Liturgist
will the aliens in the second game have contact with the abyss beings from AOD? like they have contacted them but because of their strong psi powers they couldnt influence them.
Would be kinda cool tbh. Doubt ITS wants to mix settings like that though. This would imply certain things, like AoD world being set far in the future with another human colony. That existed on its own long enough that not only they developed arcane technology current humanity cannot dream of but they also managed to forgot true origins of human race.

Or that multiverse bullshit or whatever.

razvedchiki

Erudite
imagine a sub faction of them aliens want to bring the things into their world and through the players stupidity you fight not one but a dozen agathoths simultaneously!

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's more than that. Machine is just part of it. There's some politicking between the factions that results in armed conflict. As for why they don't all work together, well, lots of bad blood. Kind of hard to cooperate when the other faction throws friends and lovers into recycle bins.

agris

Arcane
Patron
So why everyone wants to start war over it? Instead of like cooperating and working together since it benefits everyone.
where did you get this idea from? the factions want to kill each other because of the tensions that gave rise to the mutiny then the political splintering after it

have you played CS?

Nm6k

Scholar
Update to the Habitat beta is out

It's up now. Keep in mind is still work in progress, so:

- Don't use saves in which you visited the towers, things WILL break (like characters on top of each other).
- Don't use this saves on the final release of the habitat.

What we implemented:

- You can now offer the machine to one of the leaders (the next stage on the Holy Grail quest), once you talk to the archivist.
- After offering the machine you'll meet a new party member (one per faction); the party member won't join you until you're ready to travel to the ECLSS (next location on the list).
- Added the conversations with the leaders regarding Nico, Mercy and Braxton (Work in Progress).
- Added Sheffield's quest you get from Hanson (Abraham can be a part of it).
- Implemented a way to solve the spy quest via tech and stealth.
- Added new melee weapons (you can find one in the current content).
- Added new interactions (minor NPCs and objects).
- Improved visuals on several levels.

Next week we'll implement Silas' quest with Hanson and Buford, merchants, banters and more visual improvements. We'll be continuing the improvements based on your feedback while working on Maintenance/ECLSS.

Tsubutai

Educated
mission control is dungeon like or a series of checks?
Depends how you approach it. There are a couple of optional encounters that can only be resolved through combat but everything else in there at the moment can be resolved by passing skill/attribute checks if you prefer.

Parabalus

Arcane
Why does swapping inventory/reloading during the placement phase still take AP? What abuse is this stopping?

Technomancer

Liturgist
Why does assault on Black Hand Fortress give zero loot?
Kinda lame yeah. Though I'm glad they decided to forbid looting in combat. Better for my mental health that way. Previously, I obsessively delayed the fight ending to loot dead bodies while getting shot.

Seriously tho Vault Dweller, need somekind of reward from Stanton. You could sit that one out or fight with them and you don't get shit for it. Even Niko gave me a cool riffle or smth. Or was it Moses? Point is both of them appreciate your help. I get it that Stanton is lost in the news (that bortherhood now wants to own him) but still.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Speaking of which. I'd rather if you killed the leader of the Black Hand during the siege. It seems the only to even face the leaders and his two goons is to do the stealth route. Doesn't feel as satisfying compared to the Jonas v Braxton climax where you personally fought and executed the leaders.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
So why everyone wants to start war over it? Instead of like cooperating and working together since it benefits everyone.
where did you get this idea from?
%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%B4%DB%8C%D8%B3%D9%85%D8%B3%D8%B1%D8%AE-soviet-union.gif

Parabalus

Arcane
Why does assault on Black Hand Fortress give zero loot?
Kinda lame yeah. Though I'm glad they decided to forbid looting in combat. Better for my mental health that way. Previously, I obsessively delayed the fight ending to loot dead bodies while getting shot.

Seriously tho Vault Dweller, need somekind of reward from Stanton. You could sit that one out or fight with them and you don't get shit for it. Even Niko gave me a cool riffle or smth. Or was it Moses? Point is both of them appreciate your help. I get it that Stanton is lost in the news (that bortherhood now wants to own him) but still.

Yeah, I advocated for removing combat looting, that was too gamey. Interestingly you can loot the bodies in the first scene during the assault on Braxton, but not on Jonas.

But getting zilch?

Way too stupid. The sneaking path having the most loot makes sense, but currently the combat path makes you lose money.

Last edited:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Yeah, I advocated for removing combat looting, that was too gamey. Interestingly you can loot the bodies in the first scene during the assault on Braxton, but not on Jonas.

But getting zilch?

Way too stupid. The sneaking way having them most loot makes sense, but currently the combat path makes you lose money.

We'll look into adding some rewards in there when we do a second pass on the factory content.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Way too stupid. The sneaking way having them most loot makes sense, but currently the combat path makes you lose money.
Gimme my 10 grand back :D

Safe passage my ass. For amount of work I did sorting this mess out I deserve restitution. Say 2K to not break already fragile game economy.

Tsubutai

Educated
Speaking of which. I'd rather if you killed the leader of the Black Hand during the siege. It seems the only to even face the leaders and his two goons is to do the stealth route. Doesn't feel as satisfying compared to the Jonas v Braxton climax where you personally fought and executed the leaders.
"Leaders" running away from a losing battle and leaving their men to die is a pretty common thing. Hopefully it sets up a good fight later on with Dumont and his cronies ambushing you later in the game.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Depends how you approach it. There are a couple of optional encounters that can only be resolved through combat but everything else in there at the moment can be resolved by passing skill/attribute checks if you prefer.

i mean do you actually move around, or its like the abyss in AOD with the checks and the final room?

Sòren

Arcane
u are all playing on steam? the habitat beta isn't out for GOG yet (currently at 0.8.215a)? nothing changed in my game at least.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
u are all playing on steam? the habitat beta isn't out for GOG yet (currently at 0.8.215a)? nothing changed in my game at least.
Switch to the public test branch (Steam or GOG).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom