Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Utfärd

das.png

rite.png

mufugga.png

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
While the party rests, one of the companions softly whistles a soothing tune and the "hero" writes another entry in his diary:

"
We have been assailed by horrors I have never seen but have heard.
The fight was fierce but we managed to win it.
I was poisoned and felt death with every blow of my sword, but my fear of losing my friends to these terrible things kept me fighting.
Stories tell that these spider-like creatures were once humans and we were lucky not to trigger any traps they laid before battle.
This area seems cursed!

"

PUqSRhQ.png

No, the game doesn't have a deep lore regarding monsters, but there are some encounters with interesting backstories (e.g. Centeol).

Strig

Learned
Name one movie younger than 2005 that's worth watching, one book that's worth reading.

Worth watching is not a very high bar, so here's my list of very solid movies produced after 2005. English speaking, mostly not exactly highbrow cinema (maybe a few if you consider Shakespearean adaptation as such). I wanted to give you one example for every year but that's too much of a fuss.

The Last King of Scotland (2006)
Eastern Promises (2007)
In Bruges (2008)
Coriolanus (2011)
Kill the Irishman (2011)
John Carter (2012)
Lawless (2012)
Emperor (2012)
The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
Cold in July (2014)
The Guest (2014)
It Follows (2014)
Macbeth (2015)
Bone Tomahawk (2015)
Hell or High Water (2016)
Brawl In Cell Block 99 (2017)
Shot Caller (2017)
Outlaw King (2018)
Outsider (2018)
The King (2019)
Color Out of Space (2019)

Can't help you with anglo literature as I simply don't give a toss and I read mostly monographs anyway. Most of the fiction I do sometimes read is almost exclusively by long dead authors so you might be onto something there. :lol:

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
OpenXcom

Hell, what a fight this was.
First I used a Rocket Launcher on two Snakemen in front of the warehouse. Then the contents of the warehouse spilled out.
3LboO8Z.png

Five Chrysalids is about the last thing you want to see, 'cause it can easily be the last thing you see.
But to make matters worse:
Ek6z7xP.png

But fortunately I had just enough firepower so that only one of the Chrysalids reached my squad, and I sighed in relief as it took the bait I placed before my VIPs.
UFjWXaR.png

Dr1f7

Scholar
thought I had the game won after about 30 mins on month 2... NOPE ended up having to chase the damn ai around the map for like 2.5 hours to finish them off :cry::cry::cry:
4.jpg

5.jpg

ugh now I've got a headache :/
anyway any of u like castle fight?
6.jpg

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Finally, finished Fallout 2. Probably had more than 30 hours, whereas F1 took me maybe like 12 or so. Massive Incline and I look forward to a replay in the future (as I probably missed out lots of content still).
Screenshot (42).png

Screenshot (32).png

Screenshot (40).png

Screenshot (45).png

Screenshot (48).png

Screenshot (51).png

Screenshot (54).png

Screenshot (60).png

Screenshot (62).png

Screenshot (66).png

Screenshot (68).png

Screenshot (69).png

Screenshot (72).png

Does it ever get any better than this? Arcanum is next:incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom