Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why you should choose PS4 Pro over PS5 thread

Ezekiel

Arcane
When I purchased my slim PS4 four years ago, only a few of the games I was interested in had performance modes or those modes barely did anything. I didn't care enough to play Shadow of the Colossus at 60 when I knew it was going to be a compromised experience anyway. Knowing that I was locking myself into this inconveniently built machine that was only useful for the exclusives and knowing that the PS5 might not even be able to play the games I would collect (It does.), I wanted to spend as little money as possible. When they announced the thing, I thought it would play UHD discs. That would have sold me. But I'm glad I didn't get a Pro for that, because consoles are too damn loud for movies and controllers suck as remotes. Well, it doesn't matter now, because I keep the slim outside my bedroom door, like a bad dog. Have a long HDMI cable running under the door and to the receiver. And I rip any UHD discs I still buy now.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Don't care that much about having the best, though. Most of the games I play run on potatoes. Playing Majora's Mask again now. I know that if I upgraded, I'd play a few games and then regret my decision. Because few developers/publishers want to make games that are good and graphically demanding. They're more interested in games that are safe and widely accessible. A boring sludge of a game ticking off all the same AAA boxes.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

bat_boro

Arcane
I gifted my ps4 pro to my brother after playing the only thing on the platform that was any good - days gone - and funnily enough that's now on PC. fuck playstation, fuck sony and fuck commiefornia

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This topic looks like as if it was made by someone who knows he made a terrible purchase and tries to convince himself he didn't throw the money down the toilet.

Someone who "doesn't have $100 to buy a used Thinkpad" to play good old RPGs, but drinks whisky and buys PS4 Pro while already having PS4.

Someone who's mom still takes care of him, and cleans his toilet as if he still was 5 years old.

Someone who would spend thousands of dollars on "rehab" then come back and start drinking. Multiple times. While "not being able to afford a $100 Thinkpad".

Someone who would not be able to hold any kind of job because he either drinks at it or doesn't arrive at work.

Someone who has had no responsibilities or consequences in his life.

Someone who's never had any ambitions.

Someone... someone genuinely retarded.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This topic looks like as if it was made by someone who knows he made a terrible purchase and tries to convince himself he didn't throw the money down the toilet.

Someone who "doesn't have $100 to buy a used Thinkpad" to play good old RPGs, but drinks whisky and buys PS4 Pro while already having PS4.

Someone who's mom still takes care of him, and cleans his toilet as if he still was 5 years old.

Someone who would spend thousands of dollars on "rehab" then come back and start drinking. Multiple times. While "not being able to afford a $100 Thinkpad".

Someone who would not be able to hold any kind of job because he either drinks at it or doesn't arrive at work.

Someone who calls a thread
PS4 Pro over PS5

and then posts videos of a PS4 Pro vs a PS4 :lol:

someone genuinely retarded

Pretty much.

randir14

Augur
Cross gen is eventually going away and they won't be releasing any PS4 versions of games, so you're better off with a PS5.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

I've been using a $100 t430 for years
it's many things but not fit for any reasonable gaming
also thinkpads require a modicum of tech skill especially second hand ones, consoles just work

Ravielsk

Magister
The only real reason I could think of is that the PS4 Pro is already hacked and you can actually use it as a emulation station(mainly for PS2 as it has its own emulator) but otherwise... eh maybe bloodborne?

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Cross gen is eventually going away and they won't be releasing any PS4 versions of games, so you're better off with a PS5.
Yeah, but where are the worthwhile PS5 exclusives?

All they've got is the Demon's Souls remake, and there's quite literally nothing coming out in the next year or two that would justify owning a PS5.

By buying a PS5 you're basically putting money down on a bet that modern day woke Sony is capable of shitting out anything worthwhile via its first-party developers, because third-party ones sure as fuck aren't going to waste time and effort on being PS5 exclusive - not when the Switch outsold both the XBox and PS5 combined by orders of magnitude, and while the PC market is so fucking huge.

MS and Sony are basically those two Simpsons knife-fighting monkeys cutting each other to pieces for a distant third place while the Switch and PC userbases look on in amusement.

The Decline

Arcane
If SDG wanted free games then the PS4 Pro would have been a smart choice, assuming the console itself was on firmware 9.00 or lower. Hell he could have installed Linux on it to play older PC games. But it's likely been updated to the latest firmware, making it just a poor man's PS5.

As a PS4 VS PS5 test you should load up Bloodborne and tell me if that chasm in the Hemwick charnel lane looks as weird on PS4. I assumed it might've been an issue with backwards compatibility since it looked suspiciously untextured but I dunno. I heard the textures on the Shadow of the Colossus remaster get a bit fucked up when played on a PS5 but that's the biggest compatibility issue I've heard of so far.

DemonKing

Arcane
My PS4 Pro sounded like a jet engine so on the basis of the PS5 being pretty much silent I'm happy with it for that reason alone.

Also you can't play Demon Souls remake on the PS4 Pro...

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
As a PS4 VS PS5 test you should load up Bloodborne and tell me if that chasm in the Hemwick charnel lane looks as weird on PS4. I assumed it might've been an issue with backwards compatibility since it looked suspiciously untextured but I dunno. I heard the textures on the Shadow of the Colossus remaster get a bit fucked up when played on a PS5 but that's the biggest compatibility issue I've heard of so far.

He would actually need a PS5 to do that. You must be new here.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
>snoy

OIP.V0NNLz0Q--YgLLkrPU7YogHaEn

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom