Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with The Lord of Nothing DLC

Sarathiour

Cipher
Jubilost's DC breakdown with the Touch of Glory buff:
Spell DC Breakdown:
  • +10 Base
  • +17 Charisma
  • +1 Ring of Circumstances
  • +2 Robe of Water (Cold)
  • +2 Elemental Focus (Cold)
  • +2 Spell Focus feats (Evocation, Conjuration - +1 for Illusion)
  • +3 Rod of Flaming Vengeance (Evocation)
  • +2 School Power (Evocation)
  • +1 Gnome Magic (Illusion)
  • +4 Rod of Power Source (Conjuration)
  • +1-9 Spell Level
    • DC 39 (Weird)
    • DC 43 (Clashing Rocks)
    • DC 48 (Mass Icy Prison)
Marvellous! (Sorry this isn't Wrath but I can't be arsed to find the KM thread)

Just click on the owlcat game subsection at the top of the page.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Currently playing through with an azata sorceror, but I'm wondering if I should
do the switch to devil later on.

By M7 I already got what I want (zippy and favorable magic), life bonding friendhsip seems gimmicky and the extra feat came far too late unless I'm purposely retraining, the other superpower does not really seems useful. On the con side I'm loosing acess to level 6 and 7 azata spell and to aivu, also apparently devil M9 come very late. On the plus hell's decree seems more useful than whatever I'm getting for the last two level of azata. I also don't to know to which extent the court become insufferable, so getting rid of it might also be incline.

Thought ?

Sarathiour

Cipher
I gave some of the trade of in, the previous spoiler but :

You keep everything from M3 to M7 included, except aivu

Sarathiour

Cipher
Juts thought about riding aivu later , does that work to mitigate the need for full round casting metamagic for sorceror ?

Also isn't seeker just a straight better archetype than the base class ? I think you're supposed to loose a few bloodline avantage, but that does not seems to be the case.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Seeker’s pretty good for both Sorc and Oracle IIRC.

Angel nukes are mostly Conj which bypasses SR in some (all?) cases. There’s also a single Necro Spell but it’s a Fear that bypasses Fear immunity so could be interesting build around.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I think the disconnect here stem from a few things.
  • autism
Fixed that for you.
It is not like he is even consistent in his autism

Is it me or has Desiderius changed his whole schtick with a complete 180? In Kingmaker his whole thing was attacking anyone who argued for some theorycrafted OPness over suboptimal choices, essentially by arguing in favor of pretty much EVERYTHING being viable and anyone who went like Monk 1 on a build being shithead theoryspergs who hadn't played the actual game. Culminating in a stalwart rant-debate about how Kineticist and Deadly Earth wasn't at all OP and was totally limited in actual game scenarios compared to his homebrew Disarm-build or whatever.

Now his thing seems to be the complete opposite: telling people why they shouldn't build such-and-such because it sucks :D

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
I think it does go away after checks, but those are so few and far between that it barely matters. You're not going to get CHA checks mid-dungeon usually, and he can just recast it if need be because you get a bunch of casts per day

For those that don't know, Touch of Glory gives an Untyped bonus to Charisma for a maximum of one hour that is equal to half the class levels of the class that gave you access to the ability.

So a level 20 Cleric grants +10 CHA
So the latest patch changed how this ability works... for some weird reason.

It now grants your total level as a CHA bonus, instead of half your level.

So a level 20 Cleric grants +20 CHA.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Now his thing seems to be the complete opposite: telling people why they shouldn't build such-and-such because it sucks
There is a system that covers both directions of Desiderius autism - he likes being contrarian and tries to argue against any opinion loudly expressed at the current moment that caught his eye for some reason.

He probably just likes talking about the game and does it to incite a lively discussion) I do it myself, sometimes, but I try to moderate my tone to avoid being obnoxious rude.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Oh I definetely view Desiderius as a net positive from a cost-benefit standpoint. Why? Because he actually plays fucking RPGs, that's fucking why. Bizarrely, that's a rarer and rarer trait amongst codexers (that poll about whether we're actually not an RPG site should tell you everything). That and even though he's obviously got a lot of incendiary political stances, he honestly fairly rarely goes into "MUH VIDEO GAME POLITICS"-mode compared to most other conversative posters. Besides, who doesn't enjoy the odd debate about women in plate armor? :troll:

As a rule of thumb, if you play RPGs and your posts are about you playing those RPGs, you're in my Grade A Poster Book. Even rusty_shackleford. Yes, I know.

Last edited:

Saravan

Savant
  • autism
Fixed that for you.

Is it me or has Desiderius changed his whole schtick with a complete 180? In Kingmaker his whole thing was attacking anyone who argued for some theorycrafted OPness over suboptimal choices, essentially by arguing in favor of pretty much EVERYTHING being viable and anyone who went like Monk 1 on a build being shithead theoryspergs who hadn't played the actual game. Culminating in a stalwart rant-debate about how Kineticist and Deadly Earth wasn't at all OP and was totally limited in actual game scenarios compared to his homebrew Disarm-build or whatever.

Now his thing seems to be the complete opposite: telling people why they shouldn't build such-and-such because it sucks :D

He has also noticeably become more critical of the game and has slightly more balanced opinions. In the past he would passionately defend every part of the game to the point of absurdity, like the barebones HoMM gameplay. RIP OG shill trio (Desi, LannTheStupid and Shadenaut). Where is Lann the ultimate shillfinder? Perhaps he finally played the game and realized it wasn't perfect?

Sarathiour

Cipher
It took some time to get to it, but I must admit it's pretty fun to delete pack of enemy trough bolstered and zippyed burning arc. I actually don't know to which point it synergize with item because the combat log is a total mess, because damage does not show up in a chronological order, but stuff is defintly happening.

My only complaint is that you're pretty pigeonholed into fire, because it's pretty much the only elemental damage supported by item. Also unfortunately, converting element does not seems to affect the DC of spells favorably, so the enhanced element feat extremely niche.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Even rusty_shackleford.
Oh come on.

The cut-off has to be either rusty or Lann. rusty plays some niche rpgs that have criminally low posting rates despite being great - like King Arthur: Knight's Tale. That's a big plus in my book. Those kinds of games are the prime reason I'm on the Codex and most of them suffer from from lack of interest and codexers who play and post about them

And honestly both Lann and Victor are such characters, I'm not sure I'd even want to be without them. They're no Volourns, no, but then that's a high bar of entertaining autism to even attempt to reach

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
  • autism
Fixed that for you.

It's you. But you're far from alone.

You're conflating two things.

(1) I've always been against One-Weird-Trickism, both because it's less fun and it does in fact usually suck because the scammers don't play the games much. Figure things out on your own/with your buds.

(2) I've... figured things out on my own/with my buds so my views on some things have changed. I came to the Kotex to tout the R4 AT on Octavia I'd discovered that used ranged weapons and got jumped by both the pros (you were right, R4 was worse than pure AT) and the ankle-biters (you weren't - top player on Steam tested my recommendations and discovered that pure AT could viably use weapons effectively to save casts in P:K where that was important, which was the main thing I was arguing for).

From there I basically I reverse engineered the PF design philosophy before discovering it so now encourage people to factor it into their decisions rather than getting stuck in 3.5 thinking alone.

I just wish he'd stop quadruple posting.

Working on that

He has also noticeably become more critical of the game and has slightly more balanced opinions. In the past he would passionately defend every part of the game to the point of absurdity, like the barebones HoMM gameplay. RIP OG shill trio (Desi, LannTheStupid and Shadenaut). Where is Lann the ultimate shillfinder? Perhaps he finally played the game and realized it wasn't perfect?

It was barebones because it was alpha dipshit. We've all been complaining about them locking out the playerbase and failing to develop that potential since then. Stupidly axing Avellone has made a big difference from PF and PF didn't entirely get there itself.

There's also people who say shit sux before they've even tried to grok it, which is what I've always tried to nip in the bud since its contagious and I want people to play games instead of looking for excuses not to.

Last edited:

Saravan

Savant
  • autism
Fixed that for you.

It's you. But you're far from alone.

You're conflating two things.

(1) I've always been against One-Weird-Trickism, both because it's less fun and it does in fact usually suck because the scammers don't play the games much. Figure things out on your own/with your buds.

(2) I've... figured things out on my own/with my buds so my views on some things have changed. I came to the Kotex to tout the R4 AT on Octavia I'd discovered that used ranged weapons and got jumped by both the pros (you were right, R4 was worse than pure AT) and the ankle-biters (you weren't - top player on Steam tested my recommendations and discovered that pure AT could viably use weapons effectively to save casts in P:K where that was important, which was the main thing I was arguing for).

From there I basically I reverse engineered the PF design philosophy before discovering it so now encourage people to factor it into their decisions rather than getting stuck in 3.5 thinking alone.

I just wish he'd stop quadruple posting.

Working on that

That's cool and all but you basically argued for some 3 pages as to why EK is not the most optimal efficient way to play the game while Daidre was trying to explain to you in 15 different ways why he wants to play the class because he thinks it sounds fun. In case you missed, this is the autismo part. The chain of autism doesn't stop there however. Other autists like Victor will pick up this type of exchange, which is practically the entire thread when you alone represent 50% of the posts, and say that the game must be really good because it's so active on the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom