Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's an RPG you'd like to see made?

FriendlyMerchant

I'd like to see a sequel to Armored Princess where the Princess wears even less clothing.

Drop Duck

Learned
An rpg that focuses entirely on the stock market.
This has been my dream RPG for a long time. One of the most fun things in these open-world simulationist games is manipulating the stock market but most games are set before banking and stock trading and all advances financial institutions took off. Only a few space games have attempted it that I know of.

have not played it in many years, but sort of remember thinking EVE online had a market, but not sure if the companies in the game actually traded on a stock exchange or if there was one, or if it was just for the commodities used to build things and which you sold as a trader..I just recall EVE was totally crazy and felt like there was a ton of depth, but I never got far into it because I just don't have the time to do it or play it correctly which felt like it would have taken being retired or a teenager again...

Having other players also manipulate the stock exchange ruins the power fantasy and since it becomes like a second job like you said you might as well do it for real.

laclongquan

Arcane
A proper and authentic Underdark simulator.

By that, I mean one that model hundreds of miles of the Underdark to a degree as accurately as can be interpreted from FR canon.

This game should be fully 3D in a modern, competent engine (no Unity) and shouldn't require a hugely powerful PC due to the relatively constrained areas it would be responsible for rendering at any one time, except when encountering one of the large Underdark cities.

Accurate and correct climbing, swimming and spelunking skills should be modeled. The game should of course be fully turn-based and based on AD&D 3.5E rules. If that's not possible, 5E might be okay, but I don't know enough about them yet to know if that would be better or not. Imagine being able to fully zoom in, out, rotate around while viewing the current tunnel or cave system your party is located in, with a sophisticated (and uncompromising) lighting system capable of plunging your party into utter and hopeless darkness should they not have come prepared.

Illithid, drow, svirfneblin, derro, beholder, cloaker -- all the favorites should be included.

The name of the this glorious RPG should be...

Descent Into The Underdark

(DITU)

A proper Underdark map should be 3D, as in not just a plane, but stuff on height above you too...
Shit like that would be hideous to run. Stupidly graphic intensive.
We are talking about 16G+ Ram plus 8GB+ GFX just as basic minimum.
Basis? Just try some real spacey 3D maps like that for yourself
Fallout New Vegas' Lonesome Road's Missile silo map, but populate some more instead of vanilla (because otherwise vanilla cant even run that smallish map). FNV's Fire Root cavern where the legendary fire gecko, and the Silver Peak Mine map where there's Legendary Cazadors. Mind you, that is barely fit the requirement of spacey 3D.
Silent Storm's final battle map inside a missile silo battling a flying robot.
While UFO Aftershock and UFO Afterlight does have some spacey 3D map, they intentionally keep texture lowres so things run smooth. But if you ever upscale the art to anything better than normal, it break your rig.
DOnt EVEN think about low hardware config, because such thing is impossible for Underdark map.

Üstad

Arcane
Steampunk Ottoman Empire during Tanzimat Era, with different Ottoman millets(folks) instead of classic D&D races.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I would like a demake.
Dark-Souls-demake.jpg
Dark-Souls-2-demake.png

Demake.gif

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd like to some day see an RPG that's about a detective story that focuses around skillbased interactivity so that it it raises said interactivity on the same line as combat. And such that uses a system that is comprehensive and that one can easily adopt into a PnP system of any kind (thinking about something like GURPS here).

A game that poses its narrative intrigue within the world you explore as you can (based on your character) and see fit. With a story that is compelling, but not too urgent to block you from exploration. A game that rewards characterprogression gradually as you use it and also through XP gains from missions.

A game that is set in one single city, and that limits your choices as per you do them so, that for the main quest, you may only see about a relateive third of it in one run.

A game that mixes first and third person views somewhat in a way as mixing B.A.T.2 and Dreamweb.

A game that rewards both gameplay and narrative exploration, and both of those in tandem in some cases.

A game that actually tries to emulate a PnP system without just focusing on combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom