Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dawn of War Tournament - SEASON 3 NOW OVER

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
need time to dust off i also feel lag will play a part again . we'll see.

I'm operating under the old data that eldar OP

this data is always valid

what is this FoF nerf you're talking about?

In DC, Fleet of Foot only tanked accuracy on the move, which meant you could just have it on 24/7 because accuracy on the move was terrible regardless. Soulstorm made it apply a general accuracy debuff instead.

I was actually unaware that this was the case in DC and turned it on only when I needed to move.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Men, I don't mean to give you false hope, but my IG is real bad.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Good luck to participants, share your videos for us plebs to see.

I'd sign up, but getting sodomized by Dayyalu was more then I asked for the first time I got into this tournament...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Good luck to participants, share your videos for us plebs to see.

I'd sign up, but getting sodomized by Dayyalu was more then I asked for the first time I got into this tournament...

or you could sign up to seek terrible vengeance for past transgressions

that's what the Prophet (pbuh) did when he returned to Mecca you know

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Finished a practice game with Roxor and the lag was as bad as expected. Might not even play after all.

Johannes

Arcane
How hard is this game to excel at for an overall RTS vet? My assumption is that it's an easy game mechanically and economically, so a lot of emphasis would be on learning how various rps unit interactions in the different matchups. Is this accurate or totally off base?

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
How hard is this game to excel at for an overall RTS vet? My assumption is that it's an easy game mechanically and economically, so a lot of emphasis would be on learning how various rps unit interactions in the different matchups. Is this accurate or totally off base?
Not too bad, and honestly most of the people here aren't that good, so you will fit right in even if you don't *excel*.

Matchups are for sure a thing, but usually you don't need to worry *too* much about the exact race you are facing (anti vehicle weaponry is anti vehicle weaponry) although there will always be some matchups that require special care as you need to worry about things like vespids and raptors wrecking your day.

The one problem you may run into is finding decent build orders. Just googling them will give you plenty of bad advice. I don't really know where you can find good builds these days.
Me, roxor and rk47 are usually up for a solid round of theorycrafting. If you want better sources I do not know where to find them though.

Still "build order" generally just comes down to the first 60s, and maybe a plan for what to focus on in t2, you gotta play the opponent and the map state.

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
If you don't infiltrate the rangers then they're cheaper to respond to.
The biggest strength of the ranger is that it forces the enemy to invest in detection and it has fleet of foot to cross the map for harassment in the early game.
But as usual, since the game features 8 factions the cost varies.

Let's not forget that some faction capping units are extremely low count and fragile, so Rangers when played right can wipe them out with ease. The trick here is to get as close as possible to the capping unit before opening fire. This is of course, not possible if they're not infiltrated.

There are some match-ups where you can skip Farseer due to her cost. If you wish to play defensively it's better to just invest that resource into LP2 instead of aimlessly running her around. She cannot deal damage on her own and she is a support hero with a single target nuke and accuracy bonus.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
My standard build right now is 2 Guardians, 2 Reapers, Farseer, 2 Generators before going T2. Replace reapers with banshees as needed. But that feels like missing half the tools in the box.
You're missing out by getting farseer instead of rangers. I think farseer in general is way overpriced for what you get, although there are certain matchups (tau, ig) where she is very nice to have.

when to build Vipers
Vipers have good knockback against infantry, as well as good av. So they can be useful sometimes, but fire dragons are usually the first choice for AV (but remember they do like 1.5 dps against infantry).

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Well, given CL's auspex and cultist vision, you definitely shouldn't try to get rangers vs chaos, that's for sure :M

RK47

Patron
Eldar T2 cost is not cheap. 225/225
Rotting too long in T1 is the downfall of many Eldar. Farseer slows that even more with her 220/80 price tag.

Keep in mind, Eldar Power Generator cost is horrendous at 165 requisitions each.
If you're facing an aggressive opponent that pushes in at low tier, you may want the Farseer but I'd rather take a 3rd Dark Reaper squad to force them to leave so you can tech in peace.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
But can you really effectively oppose something like Chaos Lord or Force Commander without Farseer?
I have fleet of foot and dark reapers, what do I fear a slow and chunky man? I can shoot and scoot until the universe dies, or just beat him in a straight up ranged duel. I'd rather have a ranger squad to break the morale of their marines than a farseer to buff my reapers with guide.
Well, given CL's auspex and cultist vision, you definitely shouldn't try to get rangers vs chaos, that's for sure :M
I'm not sure I agree. Cultists are easily slain and the auspex costs power and has short vision range. Forcing the chaos to micro cultists and spend req to reinforce them is good.

Either way, I'd rather have an extra dark reaper/ranger than a farseer. I only like farseer in matchups where you can use mind war to horribly oppress the enemy (like IG and tau, maybe orkz?).

bionicman

Liturgist
Sorry guys, I won't have enough time to participate unfortunately. I really wanted to but too many things to do, some other time perhaps...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
and now whocares is telling me he's experiencing fatal lag

dead tourney :neveraskedforthis:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom