Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Real-Time Tactics Ratten Reich - Men of War for Furries

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

Sound off recommended.

What in the fucking shit? I... I mean... the gameplay might be good, but... come on. This might be the first game ever in which I skip cutscenes out of fear of what I might not be able to unsee. The furry factor at 0:19-0:20 time mark is disturbing.

An older example of first person mode looks good, then again I took closer look at 0:09 mark... and I am disturbed again. My Sanity stat might not be sufficient for a game like this.

Harthwain

Magister
What in the fucking shit? I... I mean... the gameplay might be good, but... come on. This might be the first game ever in which I skip cutscenes out of fear of what I might not be able to unsee. The furry factor at 0:19-0:20 time mark is disturbing.
I do like that they went with the fully-fledged approach and not "humans with heads of animals" one. If you are going anthropomorphic might as well do it properly. Going simply with animal heads and keeping everything else human is lazy and makes the whole thing less convincing/unique. Cockroaches' design is a very good example of what I am talking about. (And, yes, I am aware that cockroaches are insects, not animals.)

Infinitum

Scholar
The fully-fledged approach except with giant rodent tits. I think I'll pass on the cockroach designs.

Harthwain

Magister
I don't get it. Isn't the latter exactly what they do with the rat design? The only other thing I notice is the tail.
They also have claws. But yeah, I guess I forgot about their feet. Banners of Ruin had animal parts done down to their feet, which is particularly visible when you look up Hares and Wolves.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This looks exactly like the kind of game I love, realistic WW2 tactics with an advanced physics systems and simulationist approach. Like Men of War, but better.

But then it goes full into degenerate furry aesthetics.

Why are you doing this to me, developers? Why?

Glory to Ukraine
Good afternoon dear friends. I would like to tell you about the gameplay of the prototype version of Ratten Reich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUHU79iF1CY&t=75s
• At the beginning of the game, we are greeted with a dialogue containing further instructions, and a target indicator appears on the map, in the form of an exclamation mark. This displays the objective to which the player must move.

d7d649a44209cd5b5377d75af3efac67_original.png

• From the very beginning we get a small squad of fighters, which includes: 2 machine gunners, one sniper, 5 riflemen

• The variety of weapons of units plays a special role in tactics since a heavy machine gun can create suppressive fire, a sniper, in turn, is good at eliminating enemies at a great distance, and an ordinary rifleman is a bargaining chip. Each of the units is equipped with gas and frag grenades to decimate enemy infantry. If a sturdy fortification is good enough to hide a soldier from a frag grenade, in turn a gas mask will save a life from being poisoned. Every soldier in the RR army has a gas mask, and you can put it on by clicking on the gas mask icon on the panel.

• In the lower left corner, the selected soldier is displayed, as well as his weapons and the number of ammo left. If you select 2, 3 or more soldiers, the infantry icon will be replaced with the unit icon.

661cdd9a64aa1408b560047ff0cb4605_original.png

• In the lower right corner, you have access to the change position icon. Changing the position of a soldier reduces the chance of him getting hit.

• Also on the left we have a squad panel that shows the number of soldiers in a unit. One unit cannot contain more than eight soldiers. If you select multiple soldiers from a unit, it will create a different unit from the selected soldiers. If you want to group the unit, then you need to select the needed soldiers.

• Objectives are displayed in the upper left corner. After completing the task, they either disappear or are replaced by new ones.

• You can put your soldiers in cover, possible covers are shown with yellow markers, as well as a translucent soldier figure that previews the position your soldier will take.

• Each of your soldiers has a certain amount of ammo.

The Henker 01 rifle has 10 rounds, if the soldier has less than half left and at the same time isn’t in combat, he will automatically start reloading.

90bd8ffa02793904344fa7afd414d68a_original.png

• If you select a unit, you will see, in the lower left corner, an ammo box, which displays the total number of ammo in the selected unit

• If your fighters are not controlled directly, they will automatically take cover as close to them as possible, and in case of there being no cover to speak of, they will change their position.

• In the absence of gas masks on the snouts of your rats, they will die during the first gas attack. As long as they fall into the radius of the gas grenade, of course. Therefore, we advise everyone to wear gas masks.

658fcd480fe7563f03b289e391a85e02_original.png

• For visual pleasure, when a unit dies, blood is displayed and a corpse remains. In the future, it is planned to introduce dismemberment - gore.

• Also, the sound system is tweaked in a way that the player feels the difference in distance when playing.

• The game map isn’t typical for an RTS. This was done to introduce an FPS mode and realistic battles with the advantage of heights over lowlands.

a4325de1eb9d6c823f0dd67b8927577b_original.png

• The game uses Nvidia technology for optimization, as well as to display a more pleasant picture.

• Parkour elements have almost zero impact on gameplay in the fields and on plains, however, in urban areas and in forests it can give a strong advantage to bypass or flank the enemy. At the moment, parkour is used for realism and to slow down the transportation of soldiers. As we see it - climbing mountains, fences, trees, ruins - is an integral part of an action RTS.

• At the moment, most of the interface is closed with padlocks, in the future, these will be replaced with buttons for melee, anti-tank grenades, etc.

• We are trying to show an interesting view on the game map, as well as make beautiful visuals and show decent graphics despite the fact that we are an indie project.

fa4cc681192ac68036a3236488edfce1_original.png

• In the coming months you will see: vehicles, the healing of soldiers, weapon swapping, cutscenes

• Working on missions takes quite a lot of time, and creating game models, art, effects and full-scale game maps eats up even the additional time. Therefore, we hope for your understanding.

Extended video from our friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tMSCWFyxeU&t=109s

Glory to Ukraine
Looks rather twitchy Men of War-lite without inventories.

Yes. The mission they showed was pretty on the rails, hopefully the full game will be much more open (guess it was some introductory mission anyway). I guess that the basic game mechanics might turn out solid enough (if not particularly inspiring), use of gas masks and gas grenades seems like a nice idea (especially if not every unit type ends up being equipped with a gas mask by default).

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
use of gas masks and gas grenades seems like a nice idea (especially if not every unit type ends up being equipped with a gas mask by default).

It should be balanced by gasmasks giving some sort of penalty to a few stats, that way there is no encouragement to wear them permanently. Accuracy at the very least, maybe things like stamina also.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That's one way of monetizing your fetish. Honestly disturbing. But I kinda like it. It's bad and degenerate but it's funny and creative and I hate it but I don't.

Üstad

Arcane
It could have been a gritty dieselpunk game with unique feeling but they went with weird furry fantasies for no reason. Atleast give different animals different unique traits instead of making this game a furry fest. In fact they could have create a dieselpunk RTS game in non human enviroment, I would love to play a dieselpunk RTS in some kind of developed mouse or bug nest cities.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom