Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
So it still has gods, clerics, etc? How is it even sci fi then? Purely aesthetic reasons (blasters instead of bows, etc)?
Yep, plus a lot of handwavium. "Everyone forgot anything that was before 200 years ago!". Just pirate source book and cursory browse it.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Going to be absolute pozzed garbage. I do not think there is any current developer on the scene as trannified as OwlCucks. Their entire game portfolio reeks of filth, as their main goal is to spread sodomite and tranny agenda. I was hoping western sanctions would tank this company, but it seems the rats have fled to Cyprus along with their ill begoten money. Someone should notify the EU sanction authorities. Fuck those ruski cucks.

Dodo1610

Arcane
At least that explains why they were growing so quickly over the last few years. They should use one team to consistently ship Pathfinder APs for easy money from their fanbase and the other can work with a on big budget RPGs.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Going to be absolute pozzed garbage. I do not think there is any current developer on the scene as trannified as OwlCucks. Their entire game portfolio reeks of filth, as their main goal is to spread sodomite and tranny agenda. I was hoping western sanctions would tank this company, but it seems the rats have fled to Cyprus along with their ill begoten money. Someone should notify the EU sanction authorities. Fuck those ruski cucks.
Have you ever made a post that didn't contain the words "cuck", "tranny", or "pozzed"?

I would search your post history myself, but the answer scares me.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
Little disappointed. I was hoping they'd make a game called Fartfinder. In the world of Fartfinder your entire purpose would be to investigate who farted in any given scenario where a fart has occurred. It's an excellent idea for a roleplaying setting and I think they're really missing a trick by not moving in that direction. I wouldn't be surprised if in six months or so Larian or Obsidian will reveal they've been working on an fart based rpg system.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Few companies have fallen so quickly from grace as Owlcat. I liked Pathfinder Kingmaker and I hoped that with the experience the sequel will be a game that will keep the strengths and iron out the faults of the first game.

Unfortunately was a massive disappointment so I will be looking with reservation at this to see if they can return to form.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Reeeetards happy with Owlcuck games

afbeelding.png

"YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!! MORE LGBTXYZ INCLUSION!!!! YAAAASSSS!!!"

d39.png

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm not familiar with Pathfinder other than the 2 Owlcat games. I got the impression from some things people were saying above that the Starfinder universe is continuous with the Pathfinder universe - is that true?

Like, for example, the crashed UFO in Numenaria - is that from the Starfinder universe, as being notionally continuous with the medieaval fantasy world of Pathfinder itself?

If so, that's pretty cool, kind of Vancian in a way (like Big Planet or something like that).

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I recon anyone getting excited about this has no experience whatsoever with Starfinder itself, right?

I don't. I don't have experience with Pathfinder either and I actually hate the system itself but Kingmaker and Wrathfinder are enjoyable despite.

As long as it is turn-based and has some FTL-like spaceship combat and interesting environments I expect about same quality as owlcat's previous two games. Which is enjoyable.

Wunderbar

Arcane
They already removed russian language option from their official site
I can understand moving to other country when its probably literally impossible to do business in USD when you are in Russa right now. But removing language is shit move
update - apparently their site never had a russian language option in the first place, and "they removed it!" was a disinfo. Never visited it myself, always got news from their social media.

edit - i was double-bamboozled, their site indeed used to have a russian language version, and they removed it to distance themselves from Russia.

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
Do you think they will thank the codex this time around? :lol:

Aarwolf

Learned
Reeeetards happy with Owlcuck games

afbeelding.png

"YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!! MORE LGBTXYZ INCLUSION!!!! YAAAASSSS!!!"

Go fuck yourself Swen or else with all the trannies and xirs you menaged to include in your newest game. You're the last person here to laugh at retardera.

I'm not familiar with Pathfinder other than the 2 Owlcat games. I got the impression from some things people were saying above that the Starfinder universe is continuous with the Pathfinder universe - is that true?

Like, for example, the crashed UFO in Numenaria - is that from the Starfinder universe, as being notionally continuous with the medieaval fantasy world of Pathfinder itself?

It's the same timeline and the same star system - Starfinder is set in some sort of distant future, where from the reasons unknown (or maybe known, but I was to bored to look for more) Golarion just went "boom" and disappeared completely.

In the immortal words od Wikipedia: Starfinder shares its setting with Pathfinder, set in its far future after Golarion, the planet that Pathfinder was set on, had mysteriously disappeared in an event called "The Gap". The history of the planet during the disappearance is lost to all races, preventing players from returning and interfering with previous events in the Pathfinder timeline, while also acting as the foundation of Starfinder's own timeline. Because Starfinder shares its past with Pathfinder, races and monsters of the Pathfinder setting persist in the Starfinder universe alongside new alien races from other worlds. Magic remains a part of the game's mechanics, often intertwined with high-level technology. In the time since the Gap, allied races formed an alliance called the Pact Worlds for diplomacy, trade, and technological sharing, with Absalom Station as their focal point for these activities. An organization called the Starfinder Society, based on Absalom Station and other planets, was established to seek out pre-Gap technology and any information that may have explained what happened prior to that event.

Ps - it's Numeria, not Numenaria if you care for such things :)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Infinitron my post contained information about the next Pathfinder game, congratulations for burying that in a thread about a game that's not related to Pathfinder at all.

Zero evidence to suggest the latter part of the thread title, and the former is a unilateral improvement. Unity is a cancer best burned out with aggressive radiotherapy.

an action RPG in a sci-fi setting

(a third-person sci-fi action RPG!).

:hmmm: How many games do you think Owlcat is working on?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom