Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So it still has gods, clerics, etc? How is it even sci fi then? Purely aesthetic reasons (blasters instead of bows, etc)?
Yep, plus a lot of handwavium. "Everyone forgot anything that was before 200 years ago!". Just pirate source book and cursory browse it.

Yep the lore for Starfinder is basically Golarion disappeared for some reason and no one has any memory/idea of why it happened.

Also lizardfolk have built themselves a massive interstellar empire for some reason.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Lizardfolk building an empire?

Sounds like modern earth if the conspiracies are true.

FYI, that us a rip off of the Forgotten Realms. FFS, NWN's plot was ancient lizardfolk race wants their empire and slaves back. Lmao

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Infinitron my post contained information about the next Pathfinder game
? They're doing another season pass with three more DLCs.

Seems people have kind of memory holed this? https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3218394291607266174
That's DLC for Wrathfinder which is on Unity. Their job listings for more Pathfinder designers requires experience with Unreal, I bolded things for a reason man.

Scripting game elements in Unreal Engine.

Our Preferences:

· Extensive experience in playing video games, in particular RPGs and turn-based tactics, understanding of the ins and outs of these game genres and their mechanics;

We are looking for a Pathfinder Core Mechanics Designer / Game Designer. We would like to see a professional who is familiar with the rules of the Pathfinder system and has played the PC version of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous join us to work on this project. Junior to Senior level candidates are welcome.

Scripting game elements in Unreal Engine.

Aarwolf

Learned
Show proof Owlcuck.

hdefzfumm4s51.png

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It's been done baking for a long time. Only question is whether they turn the oven on again. With a new game on the way the likelihood of that is not high.

? They're doing another season pass with three more DLCs.

And they still have non-functional classes and abilities, the HoMM is completely unfinished with base abilities still doing the opposite of what they're supposed to and no reason whatsoever not to just stack of death with a Nuker general (as opposed to HoMM where you had to manage both army type and map coverage) and they've added no additional content or QoL improvments in contrast to P:K where there were a great many that you could tell were well-tailored the the problems people were having and or the functionality they were missing.

Unfinished and embarassingly, dissappointingly so, given where it started. Having an alpha then locking out player input/debugging all the way through the Beta and now this far even after release is the cherry on top.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
No Unity is good news, right? Unless they have no idea how to handle the Unreal engine.
It might finally let them get their loading time issues under control, if nothing else.

Of course, reimplementing everything will mean starting from scratch in terms of bugginess as well.

I took a cursory look at the base classes and abilities. My interpretation of their nearest pathfinder equivalents are:
  • Solider (Fighter)
  • Operative (Rogue)
  • Envoy (Bard w/o spells)
  • Mystic (Inquisitor)
  • Solarion (Monk)
  • Technomancer (Magus)
  • Mechanic (Ranger/Alchemist w/o spells?)
Lots of hybrids of conventional classes. The only one that I can't simplify is the Mechanic. It's a pet class that can either take rogue talents or alchemist mutagen equivalent. Everything gets 3/4 BAB except Soldier & Solarian. Everything gets two +12 saves except for half-casters (Mystic & Technomancer). Instead of spells, many classes have abilities that follow the familiar 10+1/2 Class Level+Ability Modifier. Operative Exploit (Rogue) = Magic Hack (Technomancer) = Envoy Improvisation (Envoy) = Connection Power (Mystic) = Mechanic Trick (Mechanic). All roses by another name. What is unclear to me is how often they can be used. I think they use Resolve Points, which is like a cross between a generic mana pool and Fate points from Deadlands RPG. Offensive spells and abilities appear to be lame ducks. Values for DC vs Saves give defenders a >50% advantage between equal opponents. That's before considering items, which strongly favor defense. Very lame.

Overall, my first glance at the system does not encourage optimism. It reminds me of an inferior version of The 13th Age, which is one of those D&D 3E homebrews that are so heavily house-ruled, they would have been better served to make their own system from scratch.

Mortmal

Arcane
Stellar Tactics.
Oh cool another Sci-Fi RPG
*Checks out*
> 5+ years Early Acess Game.
:?
5+ years early access yet its rpgcodex curator material:

"Take missions and mine resources in a vast open world universe. Engage in space battles, or land on planets for some turn-based combat. Stellar Tactics does it all. Star Citizen, eat your heart out!"

Wondering if it's infinitron's kids writing them.

Humbaba

Arcane
I know nothing about Starfinder but Wrathfinder is great, so I'm hyped. I just hope this won't take away too much manpower from Wrathfinder, when the EE drops I wanna be able to finally do the Swarm playthrough without getting bugblocked mid-run.

They already removed russian language option from their official site, changed description to "headquarters in Cyprus and members of the dev team in various countries around the world" and, according to rumours, are currently relocating their staff to Armenia.

Pretty shameful, but it's hard to blame them since their livelihood depends on the west.
Lethally based

Last edited:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Imagine all this space teasing just for them to settle on another Pathfinder adventure path like Iron God (which, admittedly, still have something to do with sci-fi)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom