Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview NWN premium content Q&A on NWVault

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Volourn said:
"I hope this isn't the new trend in gaming. Having to pay for user created content because Bioware QA'd it starts to make me shudder."

You obviously don't know what youa re talking about. Next.

Wow what an intelligent response (and just in case you pull the usual Volourn BS and try to quote obvious sarcasm as actual opinion here goes. DISCLAIMER: THIS IS *SARCASM* for those not bright enough to figure it out).

Volourn said:
Geez, you people, you make this way too easy on me to crush your naxorious posts.

Anyone can just say: oh hey that's just stupid, it takes an intelligent person to give a valid reason, which must be why you never give reasons. In the end opinions are like assholes, everyones got them.

Oh, and btw, what the hell is naxorious? Are you now making words up to try to sound more intelligent? Reminds me of a former president, Warren Harding. Didn't know the word normality, so he introduced the word normalcy into the vocabulary by constantly using it.

AlanC9 said:
dojoteef, you're simply wrong. This isn't Bio sucking up fan-made content. These mods were all written for the project.

As for my comment regarding user created content, I guess I consider content by "prominent members of the NWN fan community" (as quoted from the NWN: Premium site) to be user created. Though I guess they are being compensated so maybe my comment is a little off base. It's just sad that if a mod maker makes a good enough module that they will no longer be servicing the community in a free capacity. I've just always taken it as a way for gamers to share with other gamers.

I totally agree in asking:

AlanC9 said:
Edit: So, will all the proven fan developers end up under contract to Bio? We'll see.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Wow what an intelligent response"

Thank you.

"which must be why you never give reasons."

I gave reasons. You are just too stupid to understand them.

Michael_Wolf

Educated
Volourn said:
"Wow what an intelligent response"

Thank you.

"which must be why you never give reasons."

I gave reasons. You are just too stupid to understand them.

I will never understand why you think that calling someone names or claiming that they are stupid is a valid argument in any discussion. :roll:

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
I honestly have to hand it to you Volourn. It takes a either a imbecile or a truely insane mind to be able to ignore all reality and live in your own altered universe. Just exactly how old are you Volourn? I hope you don't say anything older than about 14 or else I am going to tend to lean toward the imbecile category :wink:.

Edit: Heck you kind of remind me of George W. :D ! He clearly doesn't have an handle on reality.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I will never understand why you think that calling someone names or claiming that they are stupid is a valid argument in any discussion. "

Yeah, because I'm the only one here who stoops to such a low level. :roll:

On top of that, I not only call people stupid, i tend to explain why they are being stupid.

"I honestly have to hand it to you Volourn."

hand what? A million dolalrs? your dick? Your boobies? Your first born? A brain? What?

"Just exactly how old are you Volourn?"

One years old, 2 months, 24 days, and 43 seconds.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Volourn said:
"I honestly have to hand it to you Volourn."

hand what? A million dolalrs? your dick? Your boobies? Your first born? A brain? What?

Volourn, I feel it's my duty as a forum reader/poster help educate the less fortunate individuals who do not understand common idioms and phrases. You can check out this website:

http://home.t-online.de/home/toni.goell ... 20to%20you

or maybe this one:

http://members.aol.com/MorelandC/NeedOriginsData.htm

And search for "hand it to you". It should help you understand the meaning. And unfortunately even if I did hand you a brain or a dick I doubt you'd know what to do with them.

It is kind of sad though. I come back with these intelligent quips and yet Volourn, you aren't smart enough to understand them. Thus since I now find it to be a futile effort, I've decided not to get through to you, but instead to help you further display your empty-headedness to everyone on the forum (though, you do a damned good job of that yourself it seems).

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I come back with these intelligent quips"

Yeah, 'cause spamming oft repeated sayings is a sign of intelligence. Espicially since a monk can be taught to do that. I can gaurantee, on the other hand, that no simple monkey can do what I do day in, day out. And, I do it withour promise of a banana award.

"Thus since I now find it to be a futile effort,"

Intelligent people know a hopeless cause way before you did. In conclusion, you aren't as smart as you claim to be.

My favorite quote is the following:"Anyone who claims to be smart, obviously isn't." Next.

"Now will you play a module with me?"

No. Now, did you really have to spam this thread (even though this thread has been ruined already) with another thread's spamming?

FireWolf

Liturgist
I don't see what the fuss is about. This isn't anything new. Publishers/developers have been snapping up any midly talented modders out there for years. Many modders have been contracted to make new mods/games/expansions in the same vein as the original title but with outside vision.

I don't think the modders mind, this'll look good on their resume having something published by a big house name like bioware, spurrs people to make better mods to get at the chance of being snapped up. Might bring some fresh ideas to the world of clones and sequels.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"My masteful joke is replaced by this trash?"

Oooo. I am trash now. Woo hoo!

Avin

Liturgist
I lost it... people will have to pay to play the first witches's wake? 'cause the second one will be here around 2006, if so.

NWN sucks, except for the witch wake. only fanboys says otherwise.

next.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
xJEDx said:
Role-Player said:
My masteful joke is replaced by this trash? All is tasteless woe.
That one went right over my head. Care to explain?
Didn't you use to have Role-Player's joke as your signature? He mourns its passing.

Jed

Cipher
Ah, sorry about that, RP. That was a great line. But as prolific and witty a poster you are (I still am amazed that English is not your first language), I'm sure another of your zingers will find a home in my sig. Let Volourn have a little (more of the) spotlight for now.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Nah. I've been in SP's sig for a while now. Many other doofuses also have one of my awesome sayings in their sig. Your idea is unoriginal. I. Am. The. Sig.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I was only kidding there, Jed :) Sigs are a mutable thing, after all. My own sig changes a lot, after all, so it's no surprise others' would change.

As for my writing, I appreciate the comment, but I don't find I'm that much of a special case. There are definetely other non-English native speakers or writers which surpass my fluency in it.

errorcode

Liturgist
It is interesting to see how digital distribution is starting to creep into the big leagues. Valve with Steam, Bioware with its premium modules. Hopefully pressure like this will cause publishers to start playing alittle more fairly with the studios.

Jed

Cipher
Role-Player said:
As for my writing, I appreciate the comment, but I don't find I'm that much of a special case. There are definetely other non-English native speakers or writers which surpass my fluency in it.
Not to go Volourn on BioWare on you, but I would say fluency is the minimum rating you deserve; I would go so far as to say you are artful with Engrish.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
So the next time I flub up something to the point of embarrasing myself I can simply say I pulled a Volourn?

I mean, since being Volourn is an excuse, then everyone should be able to use it when they feel like being totally stupid and obnoxious, right?

Oh, and I want examples of me being a "crybaby" on here (Daggerfall related posts don't count :lol:). So if anyone can point these out to me, I would appreciate it. :)

the_dagon

Educated
WOW !!!
At last an adult multiplayer CRPG !

"Otaku_Hanzo rapes Volourn"
seems a good game title. Any release date ? I'm sure Saint_Proverbius will have an hand-on preview :lol:

...but I don't think the game will be turn based...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom