Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

has an rpg ever made you cry?

Deleted member 7219

Luzur said:
..............no.

Yes.

Gerrard

Arcane
Torment

Andyman Messiah said:
I cried when expendable rookie witcher guy created especially for the game died.
I actually thought it was pretty assholeish that they used the funeral music in the mill scene in act 1. Even though I found the guy annoying.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
79236d2b32cb2747e7e4b777d14f8fe107b2187a.jpg

xuerebx

Erudite
poocolator said:
I see we're all big, infallible men and don't cry from games.

Games never moved me.

On the other hand, some movies do. American History X and Schindler's List, both at the very end.

Deleted member 7219

xuerebx said:
poocolator said:
I see we're all big, infallible men and don't cry from games.

Games never moved me.

On the other hand, some movies do. American History X and Schindler's List, both at the very end.

Yes, I've been moved in many films and TV shows. But never in a game.

Elzair

Cipher
For most codexers, the golden age was probably 1997-2003. For the older crowd, it was probably 1983-1986

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
I cried when I saw the title of this thread...

But no, a game has never moved me either. However, read the graphic novel 'The Walking Dead'- that is a sure fire tear jerker, considering it's one of the most depressing and fucked-up little books I've read in a while.

Secretninja

Cipher
I got kicked out of history class in high school when we were watching schindlers list. Apparently, it is NOT funny to wake up and grab your rifle and start shooting jews who are going about their business, and thus should not be laughed at.
:shrug:

Dark Matter

Prophet
Never really cried, but there were some moments which were emotionally stirring, like the end scene in Torment when you're talking to your party members (especially Morte).

I also liked the enclave scene in KOTOR II.

Dark Matter

Prophet
Elzair said:
For most codexers, the golden age was probably 1997-2003. For the older crowd, it was probably 1983-1986
WTH? What came out in that period? Most old-school favorites from what I've seen are games like Realms of Arkania, World of Xeen, Darklands, Betrayal and Krondor etc. All of which are 90s.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I usually get somewhat sad whenever a story heavy game ends though, as I always keep wondering what happens next to the character which you just traveled with for the past 30 game hours or so, just like when a good movie, series or book ends.

When characters are well developed enough, you get attached to them somehow.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The end of Torment.

And honestly, you have no heart if Schindler's List or American History X doesn't make you laugh.

ushdugery

Scholar
Arcanum was really good when it came out but all the bugs I had tears of frustration restarting my computer because it crashed every 10 minutes.

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
racofer said:
I usually get somewhat sad whenever a story heavy game ends though, as I always keep wondering what happens next to the character which you just traveled with for the past 30 game hours or so, just like when a good movie, series or book ends.

When characters are well developed enough, you get attached to them somehow.

Totally agree.

bhlaab

Erudite
I have killed to many reanimated skeletons that my heart is pure unmovable stone

The last mission in starcraft brood war made me want to cry a couple times. goddamn protoss and terrans on 3 sides. i realized afterward i should have focused on the weaker terrans first, but my reasoning was that i should take out the protoss first as they were the most irritating with their carriers, storms, and mind control. but, id be out microing guardians and devourers and my base would get nuked and 4 battle crusiers would start rolling over my main base, so id have to go back and mop up that mess, and by that time, the protoss would have fresh troops, along with goliath platoons from the white terran feasting on my precious guardians. this happened many times, in random order. resources were very tight too, particularly gas, until i neutralized the protoss side.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom